PDA

View Full Version : HELP.....28' Cheetah Fast Cat... good boat? bad boat?

Ivan Dan
07-28-2003, 12:22 AM
Hey everyone! I was wondering if there is anyone here with a 28' Cheetah Fast Cat that would be so kind to take me for a little test drive?!?! I am in Havasu about every other weekend or every 3rd weekend. I stopped by their shop in Havasu today and the sales guy said just to swing into the channel and ask someone. I thought this might be a little easier way to go. I would gladly pay someone a 30 pack of their favorite beer for a ride and peek of thier boat.
What is everyone's opinion about this boat? I have read most of the talk in the other Cheetah threads but there wasn't much mention of the 28' Fast Cat. I need honest opinions here guys...good or bad because I'm very seriously considering buying one.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
www.DanKaatz.com (http://www.DanKaatz.com)
[ July 28, 2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Ivan Dan ]

Boatmaster
07-28-2003, 06:05 AM
ID I'm not sure if you got my E-mail but I am still trying to sell my DCB rigged 25 Daytona. I am a very motivated sell trying to buy a new house. Call me if interested, I am open to any offers Drew 925-828-5775.

Ivan Dan
07-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Boatmaster~
What are you hoping to get for it? Did you get a chance to e-mail me some more pics? Let me know!
www.DanKaatz.com (http://www.DanKaatz.com)

Boatmaster
07-28-2003, 03:18 PM
ID I was hoping to get 59k, But I am open to all offers. I need money for a new house and hate to sell but I have to. I will try and e-mail you some pics this week. By the way the boat is on the last page of this months Hot Boat. Hot Boat did a photo shot on the boat on the 4th of July at Shasta a few weeks ago, but even if that shoot makes it to print it will not be for a few more months. If you have any questions feel free to call Drew 925-828-5775. Thanks

Goodtime$
07-28-2003, 03:19 PM
HTM is coming out with a deckboat soon

LAVEYSABRE575
07-28-2003, 03:29 PM
the deck boat from htm is a long ways away months plus...

rvrkaosI
07-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Dori of Cheetah boats had a 28,
Talking with him, the boat handles real well. Though in choppy waters, water at times was mentioned to come over the front sponsons.
The boat has potential for the 70's with a 502+, and the overall size is well designed for many people.
Talk with Cheetah Bob in Havasu, let him know in advance that you are considering buying, and if they have one available, in fact I believe Cheetah Bob has one, they will be happy to give you a test ride.
I have a 24' Stilleto Tunnel, and the boat handles well, though rough on the big choppy days. Then again, the big boats (30+) were the only ones handling the chop that day.