PDA

View Full Version : Ooops

phebus
05-18-2006, 04:39 PM
I just saw the "Worlds fastest open bow" DCB (the all white 29) parked on the side of Absolute wih the right side fender ripped off, and the rear tire all torn up.

Havasu Hangin'
05-18-2006, 04:44 PM
I just saw the "Worlds fastest open bow" DCB (the all white 29) parked on the side of Absolute wih the right side fender ripped off, and the rear tire all torn up.
Another brilliant move. When Jimmy ordered that boat, nobody told Extreme about all the weight on the back, so they put a stock setup on the axles.
Because of all the weight on the rear (low profile "bling bling") tires, Jimmy was replacing rear tires and bearings everytime he towed it.

andy01
05-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Another brilliant move. When Jimmy ordered that boat, nobody told Extreme about all the weight on the back, so they put a stock setup on the axles.
Because of all the weight on the rear (low profile "bling bling") tires, Jimmy was replacing rear tires and bearings everytime he towed it.
Man from what I have heard about that boat, if there was a lemon law for boats it would have fallen into it real easy. Sad for the money he spent to build that boat.
Andy

TOBTEK
05-19-2006, 05:17 AM
do 900sc and #6's weigh in THAT MUCH MORE than another motor package? The way you worded that it sounds like your blamig DCB for his trailer issues. Im SURE they made Jimmy order low profile tires and wheels :messedup:
And im sure its also DCB's falt for the MERCURY products that broke. Can you honestly say that he BABIED it or EVEN took care of it? I saw it a few times in Elcajon and it look WORKED!
Im not trying to be a 100% Charley pom-pom member.... but I dont see how DCB is to blame for his trailer issues, or multi motor issues. They didnt manufacture either of those items.
Never heard why it sunk, was that DCB's falt as well? MAYBE/maybe not?

Havasu Hangin'
05-19-2006, 05:51 AM
do 900sc and #6's weigh in THAT MUCH MORE than another motor package? The way you worded that it sounds like your blamig DCB for his trailer issues. Im SURE they made Jimmy order low profile tires and wheels :messedup:
And im sure its also DCB's falt for the MERCURY products that broke. Can you honestly say that he BABIED it or EVEN took care of it? I saw it a few times in Elcajon and it look WORKED!
Im not trying to be a 100% Charley pom-pom member.... but I dont see how DCB is to blame for his trailer issues, or multi motor issues. They didnt manufacture either of those items.
Never heard why it sunk, was that DCB's falt as well? MAYBE/maybe not?
You really should do your homework.
DCB delivered the boat and trailer with the majority of weight on the rear tires- Jimmy just wrote the check. Someone should be responsible...are you saying it's Jimmy?
I think Andy is referring to how the boat caught on fire the first time out (with me next to the engine that ignited). I had to put an extinguisher on the brand new DCB that Jimmy paid over $300K for, and it was an install issue, not a Merc issue.
DCB cut the holes wrong on the exhaust, and when the CMI tips didn't line up, instead of re-glassing, DCB put sandwich wedges in between the headers and heads. CMI told DCB that they would not warranty it, and sure enough, it blew the gaskets out at 120MPH (with me in the back). Fire is not good...that's all I'm gonna say.
Also, why didn't DCB put bilge pumps in it? The water was leaking in through the exhaust tip gaskets (not a Merc issue) when the boat is beached...with no bilge pumps. Jimmy didn't find out until it was too late.
Jimmy really took care of his stuff. He may not be as anal as some guys I know, but he really took pride in that boat. Even after many of the issues that him and Dave fought over, he still loved that boat.
Now, I do know Jimmy never spun that boat out. Wanna post about that?

boxscore
05-19-2006, 06:18 AM
DCB delivered the boat and trailer with the majority of weight on the rear tires- Jimmy just wrote the check. Someone should be responsible...are you saying it's Jimmy?
I think Andy is referring to how the boat caught on fire the first time out (with me next to the engine that ignited). I had to put an extinguisher on the brand new DCB that Jimmy paid over $300K for, and it was an install issue, not a Merc issue.
DCB cut the holes wrong on the exhaust, and when the CMI tips didn't line up, instead of re-glassing, DCB put sandwich wedges in between the headers and heads. CMI told DCB that they would not warranty it, and sure enough, it blew the gaskets out at 120MPH (with me in the back). Fire is not good...that's all I'm gonna say.
Also, why didn't DCB put bilge pumps in it? The water was leaking in through the exhaust tip gaskets (not a Merc issue) when the boat is beached...with no bilge pumps. Jimmy didn't find out until it was too late.
Jimmy really took care of his stuff. He may not be as anal as some guys I know, but he really took pride in that boat. Even after many of the issues that him and Dave fought over, he still loved that boat.
Phuck... next time I'm shopping at Commander.

XFactor
05-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Where's Charley. It's been 30 minutes. What's this place coming too? :rollside:

TOBTEK
05-19-2006, 06:25 AM
HH... NOT trying to bust your balls AT ALL, in fact I agree with you. I dont know the entire saga with this thing (you were swinging from his sack.... not me :rollside: ) . OTHER THAN I know its had alot of issues. And when i saw it, a employee was cleaning the bilge area saying this dude beats the heck out of it ( and It did look as though..... sorry but it looked thrashed) I just didnt understand how this 29 is so much different than all the others ,that he had trailer issues?? .... not trying to get into a Jordy/karl fight, just dont get it.
This thing was sold with out ANY BILGE pumps.... REALLY?
I heard about 50th hand that someone at DCB spun it.... dont know, dont care.
Anyway....NO STRESS dude.

TOBTEK
05-19-2006, 06:27 AM
LOL..... I was just thinking the same thing :rollside: NO STRESS from me, Leaving for havasu in MINUTES :) See if I can get our pile of crap DCB to sink and catch on fire :)

Havasu Hangin'
05-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Charley and I were talking about this the other night.
What some people may not know is that my friend works at DCB. Not only did I tell Jimmy to get the DCB, but I also egged him on to step up on the motors (he originally wanted 575's). When they stopped making the 1050's, he went with the 900's. I guess in some way...I feel kind of responsible.
Granted, DCB broke alot of ground by putting the big motors in that small boat, and there was bound to be issues.
Dave even called me one time to tell his side of the story, so no matter what Charley (or anyone else) says...I have it from the horse's mouth.

TOBTEK
05-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Charley and I were talking about this the other night.
What some people may not know is that my friend works at DCB. Not only did I tell Jimmy to get the DCB, but I also egged him on to step up on the motors (he originally wanted 575's). When they stopped making the 1050's, he went with the 900's. I guess in some way...I feel kind of responsible.
Granted, DCB broke alot of ground by putting the big motors in that small boat, and there was bound to be issues.
Dave even called me one time to tell his side of the story, so no matter what Charley (or anyone else) says...I have it from the horse's mouth.
NObody is saying you dont know the whole story here...... I still dont understand what was so different about this 29 that he would have all these issues with the trailer....... topic of the thread. :boxed:

Havasu Hangin'
05-19-2006, 06:37 AM
NObody is saying you dont know the whole story here...... I still dont understand what was so different about this 29 that he would have all these issues with the trailer....... topic of the thread. :boxed:
That boat is very ass-heavy (I've towed it before). There is not very much tongue-weight, as all the weight is on the rear axle.
He has blow those rear tires and burned the rear bearings several times.

TOBTEK
05-19-2006, 06:42 AM
That boat is very ass-heavy (I've towed it before). There is not very much tongue-weight, as all the weight is on the rear axle.
He has blow those rear tires and burned the rear bearings several times.
SOOOO, what im interested in..... since this 29 has Extreme moved axles futher back or beefed up axles and bearings or something? I mean other 29's have had big motors and drives in them, and you dont hear of trailer problems with them.... Something had to be off on this trailer, to have all these issue's.

OutCole'd
05-19-2006, 06:43 AM
Somebody better get Charly in here. and quick!

TOBTEK
05-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Somebody better get Charly in here. and quick!
BIll..... were's the key for the G-cart? should be HAMMERED by Sunday morning :)

Havasu Hangin'
05-19-2006, 06:47 AM
SOOOO, what im interested in..... since this 29 has Extreme moved axles futher back or beefed up axles and bearings or something? I mean other 29's have had big motors and drives in them, and you dont hear of trailer problems with them.... Something had to be off on this trailer, to have all these issue's.
How many 29's with twin sixes?
All I know is that he should have a bunch of tongue weight...but I can damn near pick the thing up (and I'm not that strong).
But what the hell do I know?

Charley
05-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Well hmm.... I'm here just soaking it all in preparing a response :D
ps
(and I'm not that strong).
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0218.gif I pity da fool that wrestles me on da golf course
But what the hell do I know?
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0291.gifwell....since you own a V...not much but at least you swing from the testicles of a very nice cat owner :p

OutCole'd
05-19-2006, 06:52 AM
BIll..... were's the key for the G-cart? should be HAMMERED by Sunday morning :)
In the safe, behind the electric fence & barbed wire.

RandyH
05-19-2006, 07:50 AM
HH,
I am just wondering here because I had kind of the same issue, did he ever try to weigh each axle and put more preload on the front axle with the hub arm?? My back axle was so heavy that it spun the rubber insert inside the sqaure axle frame. Maybe the front axle was not adjusted right. There is only so much adjustment with the splined hub but it did help me alot. Heck his trailer might have not even of had the adjustable type. But I was just curiouis. I think the builders should check this if they dont already. It would have saved me a weekend on my back.
Thanks
Randy

Dave C
05-19-2006, 08:24 AM
if you don't think blowers motors are heavy.... try picking a big blower up, with the intercooler...... (couple hundred #'s each) ;) :rollside:
P.S. to move the weight forward on the trailer you either have to slide the boat forward, which means a longer trailer (with more tongue length). (FYI V-bottom guys), on a Cat this may not be possible if the trailer has insufficient tongue length because if the cat is too close to the back of your vehicle the sponsons will impact the rear of your vehicle in a sharp turn. (don't ask me how I know that ;) )
so in order to move the cat forward you need a longer trailer.
I have tried to drop the nose with a longer drop hitch to get more weight on the front axle but I dunno if that works or not......

Dave C
05-19-2006, 08:30 AM
HH is right... there is a strict product liability that says its the builders fault. ("implied warranty of mercantability and fitness for particular use") even if its an honest mistake.
shiat -- did I just agree with HH.... :cry:
The way you worded that it sounds like your blamig DCB for his trailer issues. Im SURE they made Jimmy order low profile tires and wheels :messedup:
?

unleashed
05-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Everybody knows DCB's are perfect...I mean they are the worlds best and you dont get that title by making mistakes! Pipe down HH and go play in your bathtub!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

OutCole'd
05-19-2006, 08:46 AM
...I mean they are the worlds best and you dont get that title by making mistakes!
Didn't they get that title from Charley?

dicudmore
05-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Everybody knows DCB's are perfect...I mean they are the worlds best and you dont get that title by making mistakes! Pipe down HH and go play in your bathtub!
Deano
lol damn Deano just made me spit Red Bull on the monitor

Havasu Hangin'
05-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Deano
Don't get me wrong...even though I do give Charley a hard time, I do think DCBs are great boats. However, it is tough to bite my tongue when someone says that the only issues Jimmy has had with his boat are Merc (or Jimmy) related.
I have a few more stories...but I'll keep quiet.

unleashed
05-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Don't get me wrong...even though I do give Charley a hard time, I do think DCBs are great boats. However, it is tough to bite my tongue when someone says that the only issues Jimmy has had with his boat are Merc (or Jimmy) related.
Tell Jimmy to drop the price to 120k and I'll buy it from him!
Deano

Blown Lavey
05-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Dont quit now, your on a roll :rollside: :rollside: .

Dave C
05-19-2006, 10:36 AM
sissy.... Charley must have some secret pictures of you and is black mailing you to keep quiet.

unleashed
05-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Neener neener neener...I know the story hahahahahhahah. Its a good one to...something that would even piss off Charley! LOL
Oh and sorry Im sworn to secrecy!:p
Deano

CornWater
05-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Neener neener neener...I know the story hahahahahhahah. Its a good one to...something that would even piss off Charley! LOL
Oh and sorry Im sworn to secrecy!:p
Deano
Nice... hit and run. :rolleyes: You rolling up to Havi this weekend? We are in our way in a few...

Charley
05-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Homework is good
-The boat has always had bilge pumps, just not autoswitch floaters
-The water leak was a water line failure not a hull leak
-The boat did blow a gasket and catch fire, it was fixed properly but obviously not a proud moment for DCB but certainly was addressed in a timely manner.
- The trailer issues were never addressed as issues during the warranty period which I think is a year.. hmm
- You keep mentioning $300k+ as some horrific # which seems interesting considering retail on (2) 900's with 6's is like $278k...agreed they seem overpriced to me too
- not anal is a bit of an understatement, and this was originally supposed to be a 575/bravo boat, which in hindsight may have made Jimmy a happier owner.... Dave tried to talk him out of the 900/6's combo which entails a much different attitude towards maintenence etc.... after that being said.. how about the fact that after the issues got resolved it's still a bad muther that runs like a raped ape....... 155mph, which is why he is having a hard time selling it... insure a 29' 155mph cat :rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
05-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Homework is good
-The boat did blow a gasket and catch fire, it was fixed properly but obviously not a proud moment for DCB but certainly was addressed in a timely manner.
- The trailer issues were never addressed as issues during the warranty period which I think is a year.. hmm
- You keep mentioning $300k+ as some horrific # which seems interesting considering retail on (2) 900's with 6's is like $278k...agreed they seem overpriced to me too
- not anal is a bit of an understatement, and this was originally supposed to be a 575/bravo boat, which in hindsight may have made Jimmy a happier owner.... Dave tried to talk him out of the 900/6's combo which entails a much different attitude towards maintenence etc.... after that being said.. how about the fact that after the issues got resolved it's still a bad muther that runs like a raped ape....... 155mph, which is why he is having a hard time selling it... insure a 29' 155mph cat :rolleyes:
Charley...yes, homework is good.
Although I somehow knew you would call Dave to get his side, do you really wanna go down this road?
It may not be pretty.

Boatlesss
05-19-2006, 01:07 PM
... 155mph, which is why he is having a hard time selling it... insure a 29' 155mph cat :rolleyes:
The guy should have just bought a Skater. Then 155 would not have made him stand out in a crowd.
Oh, with 900's he would be faster than 155.

Havasu Hangin'
05-19-2006, 01:29 PM
The guy should have just bought a Skater. Then 155 would not have made him stand out in a crowd.
Oh, with 900's he would be faster than 155.
The ironic thing is that for $10K or so more (and 6 months) Jimmy could have had a 32' Skater. What do you think he could have sold a 2003 32' 150MPH Skater for? More than $150K?
Charley- you may want to take that stuff down...I wouldn't bring a water pistol to a gun fight....you may not recover so well.

Three Days Only
05-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Wow..................Worlds Best????????

unleashed
05-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Well...theres bound to be one lemon in the bunch. Maybe this was DCBs. I think they recovered pretty well though dont you???
Herman are you still stuck with flipper or did someone actually buy it??? :p
Deano
The ironic thing is that for $10K or so more (and 6 months) Jimmy could have had a 32' Skater. What do you think he could have sold a 2003 32' 150MPH Skater for? More than $150K?
Charley- you may want to take that stuff down...I wouldn't bring a water pistol to a gun fight....you may not recover so well.

dicudmore
05-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Well...theres bound to be one lemon in the bunch. Maybe this was DCBs. I think they recovered pretty well though dont you???
Deano
lol thats twice today Deano :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
05-20-2006, 11:39 AM
OK, Charley...since you didn't take it down, here is my (non-Kool-Aid influenced) observations:
One water leak was from around the mis-aligned exhaust. If I beach my boat, and it takes on water from the rigging, I'd sure like to have auto bilge pumps.
The gaskets blew on the first time we fired it up. DCB did send someone to fix it. The guy pulled the interior out of the boat, got grease on the brand-new interior, and fixed the gaskets. We sat and drank beers while it took the better part of a day we wanted to be on the water.
They then blew again, and caught the boat on fire, and we were all happy that we were alive (I even burned my arm).
DCB would later hint that the repair guy they sent sabotaged the boat, as apparently DCB and him had a falling out around that time.
Jimmy had a place at the Islander. The reason the trailer wasn't addressed is because after it was delivered, he put no miles on it (and didn't know he had a problem) until he tried to tow it back for repairs a year later.
When Jimmy brought the trailer design flaw to DCB's attention...it was "too bad, out of warranty". Granted, they were correct, but Jimmy wasn't sure the spirit of the warranty was taken into consideration.
Yes...Dave and I have talked about how he made no money on the boat. Jimmy's position is that is not his problem, as Dave was VERY anxious to sell him the boat. I personally remember Dave calling Jimmy almost everyday trying to work the deal out.
- not anal is a bit of an understatement, and this was originally supposed to be a 575/bravo boat, which in hindsight may have made Jimmy a happier owner.... Dave tried to talk him out of the 900/6's combo which entails a much different attitude towards maintenence etc.... :
When Jimmy wanted the boat, he wanted no drive issues, hence the sixes. Since the "C" stands for "custom" Jimmy said, "build it, or I'm going with a Skater." Someone at DCB did tell Jimmy that the reason they were steering him toward Bravos was that they did n't have alot of experience with that package, so they kept trying to sell him Teagues (which are essencially the same as the Merc 900's). Jimmy wanted Merc.
I don't think the sixes have ever been an issue, other than the weight on the rear for trailering (which someone should have caught...Extreme or DCB).
Once again, was that Jimmy's problem?
-after that being said.. how about the fact that after the issues got resolved it's still a bad muther that runs like a raped ape....... 155mph, which is why he is having a hard time selling it... insure a 29' 155mph cat :rolleyes:
Jimmy has several buyers tell him that DCB didn't give that boat high ratings when they called (and then tried to sell them a new F-29), so that may be one reason he was having a hard time selling it.
"Rode hard and put away wet"? Not by Jimmy...
It is well documented that he didn't get along with DCB for the way some things were handled, and I really am caught in the middle, but I do have firsthand experience on the boat, and I was there for alot of the spats. DCB did bend over backwards on the motors, but there was alot more to the story.
Did I tell you about how the weekend he took delivery on the boat we couldn't get it on plane, and he got pulled over for everyone riding on the bow (tring to get it on plane)?
Not a shining moment in my Havasu career...

OutCole'd
05-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Charley will be in here in no time clearing up this "misunderstanding". :)

Jrocket
05-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Not a shining moment in my Havasu career...
Dont know about anything about that other stuff you wrote but this was funny.

XFactor
05-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Where the heck is the captian of the cheerleading squad.
Charley......come out, come out where ever you are. :boxed:

BLOWN HOWARD
05-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Am I the only one who thinks its odd that you buy a 300K boat and it doesnt come with auto floater bilge pumps??????????????????? :crossx: :crossx:

Havasu Hangin'
05-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Well, I know Charley. He will call DCB to get another third-hand account of their side for rebuttal. Then he will post it.
Charley...I love you, man...but don't do it.
I like Dave, and I really do like DCBs, but we both know that there is alot more than can be posted (and not just about Jimmy's boat). Just let it go- there are no winners.
Jimmy is an avid boater. I can remember when he had his Formula (before he got the F-29) we were boating at Havasu in a hailstorm...talk about dedicated. Was he hard on his stuff? No worse than I was with my boats.
Just because he doesn't have a computer doesn't mean he drove that boat any harder than I (or anyone else) would have.

Jrocket
05-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Am I the only one who thinks its odd that you buy a 300K boat and it doesnt come with auto floater bilge pumps??????????????????? :crossx: :crossx:
Not sure,but I dont care for them.

Havasu Hangin'
05-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Park your boat in Avalon for awhile...you'll sleep alot better with them on.
:supp:

Spectre140
05-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Didn't he smoke a #6 on the way to Catalina once?

BLOWN HOWARD
05-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Who cares if you care for them i just cant see them being an option??? You would think Best Boat would have all the bells and whistles

Havasu Hangin'
05-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Didn't he smoke a #6 on the way to Catalina once?
Smoked a tranny when he didn't let off getting air.

Charley
05-21-2006, 10:49 AM
HH these will all be first hand observations so don't get your panties in a wad to the point where you feel like you "must" air dirty laundry, but certainly thats your call.
One water leak was from around the mis-aligned exhaust. If I beach my boat, and it takes on water from the rigging, I'd sure like to have auto bilge pumps.
I'll agree with both you and J rocket.... auto's should be in a boat that will live in the water overnight, but I also know the suck when they continuously and randomly go on and off because there is a little water in your bilge that the pumps can't pump out..... I had this problem before and it's super annoying... I know it's overboard, but I think a bypass switch between the auto floats would be nice.
The gaskets blew on the first time we fired it up. DCB did send someone to fix it. The guy pulled the interior out of the boat, got grease on the brand-new interior, and fixed the gaskets. We sat and drank beers while it took the better part of a day we wanted to be on the water.
They then blew again, and caught the boat on fire, and we were all happy that we were alive (I even burned my arm).
DCB would later hint that the repair guy they sent sabotaged the boat, as apparently DCB and him had a falling out around that time.
first hand speaking, DCB sometimes tries to "save the day" too much... how many mfr's have their lead mechanic in a truck with a new motor in the bed within 90 minutes of a failure on his way to Havasu?? ...for a mfg to have a guy wrenching on something this serious in Lake Havasu is the mistake, I would have required the boat be returned to san diego... although this is my first hand speculation, I doubt sabotage was a word used by DCB.... I can maybe hear the words " his heart wasn't in it, and he may not have fixed it to DCB standards" but to say sabotage is kinda like saying the boat had no bilge pumps.... it's an accusation on a TOTALLY different level
Jimmy had a place at the Islander. The reason the trailer wasn't addressed is because after it was delivered, he put no miles on it (and didn't know he had a problem) until he tried to tow it back for repairs a year later.
When Jimmy brought the trailer design flaw to DCB's attention...it was "too bad, out of warranty". Granted, they were correct, but Jimmy wasn't sure the spirit of the warranty was taken into consideration....
well.... hmm first hand speculation is all I can give you hear... if the trailer was officially out of warranty and the mfg is expected to cover it, it becomes a grey area....maybe several other things contributed to the denial of an out of warranty consideration.... I might compare it to how you might handle a cop after being pulled over.... same grey area with "yes sir, no sir" sometimes gets you out of a ticket.... "why the hell are you pulling me over, I wasn't speeding" tends to get you the ticket.
Yes...Dave and I have talked about how he made no money on the boat. Jimmy's position is that is not his problem, as Dave was VERY anxious to sell him the boat. I personally remember Dave calling Jimmy almost everyday trying to work the deal out.
Or maybe the call that day was about getting a little more than the $23,000 deposit that DCB pretty much BUILT the boat on....or maybe Dave was a little hacked that a day or two after his dad died he agreed to meet Jimmy on a sunday to take care of some business and he never showed...but who knows though... neither one of us was actually on the phone
When Jimmy wanted the boat, he wanted no drive issues, hence the sixes. Since the "C" stands for "custom" Jimmy said, "build it, or I'm going with a Skater.".
IMHO
He also wanted 575's at one point which are fine with XR's.... as soon as he went to 900's and sixes he needed to realize his "new" commitment....it goes from a speedy recreational boat to a raceboat that almost needs a 2nd guy to help maintain it.... 900's break too, 6's and trannys break too ... it happens it's a different level of big baller...IMHO
Jimmy has several buyers tell him that DCB didn't give that boat high ratings when they called (and then tried to sell them a new F-29), so that may be one reason he was having a hard time selling it.
once again specualtion.... here is my version of the speculation ... DCB probably told them it was very fast, high maintenance hot rod...which would be very difficult to insure and to prepare themselves to rip the motors down every 60-100 hours... which is the truth.

Havasu Cig
05-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Deano
I think my 2000 DCB beat it by a few years. I actually had stuff falling off the boat, so I may even have some better stories...
BTW, Charley I like the "water line issue". You should be a politician. :) :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
05-21-2006, 11:18 AM
HH these will all be first hand observations so don't get your panties in a wad to the point where you feel like you "must" air dirty laundry, but certainly thats your call.
My panties are not in a wad- I just don't think it's fair that Jim gets beat up as a bad boat owner because he doesn't have a computer.
I will tell you that I personally would have driven that boat alot harder than he did. I can't tell you how many times I told him to "firewall" those sticks and let her run...but he wouldn't.
...although this is my first hand speculation, I doubt sabotage was a word used by DCB.... I can maybe hear the words " his heart wasn't in it, and he may not have fixed it to DCB standards" but to say sabotage is kinda like saying the boat had no bilge pumps.... it's an accusation on a TOTALLY different level.
It was Dave who told me he suspected foul play from the guy. Dave didn't think the fiberglass on the side of the bilge would burn, and when I told him not only was it burning, but it was burning a couple colors, he was suspicious. I don't know what color fiberglass burns...so I have no point of reference.
Can you imagine how hot that had to get? I'd say we were very lucky no gas got involved. HH would have been a crispy critter.
Once again...Jim did nothing wrong- I was there.
He also wanted 575's at one point which are fine with XR's.... as soon as he went to 900's and sixes he needed to realize his "new" commitment....it goes from a speedy recreational boat to a raceboat that almost needs a 2nd guy to help maintain it.... 900's break too, 6's and trannys break too ... it happens it's a different level of big baller...IMHO.
Jimmy originally wanted the 575's because that's what he had in his Conquest, and it never hiccuped. It was a "turn-key" boat. :D
When he wanted to go bigger, the 900's were all that was available from Merc. DCB wanted him to go with the Teague 800's, but Jim doesn't believe in TCM motors (for whatever reason).
The only thing I would have done different is put race gas in. Jim used to run premium- Havasu is notorious for bad batches of automotive gas, and all it takes is one (which I believe melted the Merc). Since the Teague 800's are non-computer controled (roots blower/carbed) motors like the Merc 900's, he probably would have melted them too, so the Merc point is moot.
once again specualtion.... here is my version of the speculation ... DCB probably told them it was very fast, high maintenance hot rod...which would be very difficult to insure and to prepare themselves to rip the motors down every 60-100 hours... which is the truth.
For whatever reason, Jim would have liked to see some support from DCB in selling it. Because of the bad blood, that didn't happen, so he is bitter about the whole DCB experience.
Either way, that is a very nice boat, and other than a couple interior pieces needing buttoning up, it is a great boat that is getting some underserved bad press.

Jrocket
05-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Who cares if you care for them i just cant see them being an option??? You would think Best Boat would have all the bells and whistles
Who cares if you cant see them as being an option.

Jrocket
05-21-2006, 12:24 PM
I think my 2000 DCB beat it by a few years. I actually had stuff falling off the boat, so I may even have some better stories...
That sucks to hear,seems like you have bad luck.You have had something wrong with everything you buy from boats to cars to...? Hopefully things will get better for you in the future.

Charley
05-22-2006, 05:03 AM
HH,
fair enough..... no one is perfect, there are always 2 sides to every story... and the truth usually lies somewhere in between. I still think the boat is one of the badder hot rods to ever run on Havasu. I hope your buddy ends up getting closer to the $$$ he wants for the boat, and further ends up with a boat he can be happy with.

Havasu Cig
05-22-2006, 05:20 AM
That sucks to hear,seems like you have bad luck.You have had something wrong with everything you buy from boats to cars to...? Hopefully things will get better for you in the future.
As long as I stay away from DCB and Ford, I'm OK. :p

Havasu Hangin'
05-22-2006, 06:02 AM
...fair enough..... no one is perfect, there are always 2 sides to every story... and the truth usually lies somewhere in between.
I agree...nobody is perfect (even me :eek: )...including Jim- he'll be the first to admit it.
I know you don't want to admit this, but I don't think everyone gets the "Charley treatment". For example, when they borrowed Jim's boat for the photo shoot, but then put it put it back on his beach hammered (with a bunch of water in it)...he was pissed. He had to hear from a third party over a year later that the boat had been spun during the shoot. I'm not sure you would have received the same treatment?
Like I said before, I am caught in the middle. I am sypathetic to both sides, but I also see that nobody really hears Jim's side.
Shit happens- I personally have never owned a boat (or car) that hasn't had some sort of issue. I believe it's how those issues are handled is what separates the good manufacturers from the great ones.

FASTERDAMITT
05-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Was'nt this all white 29 with 900's and six's sold to Brad Gilligan just recently? Or did I miss something. Different boat?

BoatFloating
05-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Was'nt this all white 29 with 900's and six's sold to Brad Gilligan just recently? Or did I miss something. Different boat?
Yes Brad bought this boat. And when he talked to Dave about this boat he did try and talk him out of buying it an buying a new one... :idea:

FASTERDAMITT
05-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Hmmm. I was hangin at the sandbar wih Brad saturday. He had his 23' WPM Warrior. I should of asked him what's up with the 29.

Havasu Hangin'
05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Yes Brad bought this boat. And when he talked to Dave about this boat he did try and talk him out of buying it an buying a new one... :idea:
For the record...the boat runs great. It's just too bad Jim had to sell it for less than the motors and drives are worth...

TOBTEK
05-22-2006, 01:38 PM
what really sux is that its sitting broken in the back alley uncovered....... that cant be good.
ROCKY...... went by, and yours ISNT sitting out front. may be in the back??

unleashed
05-22-2006, 02:43 PM
what really sux is that its sitting broken in the back alley uncovered....... that cant be good.
ROCKY...... went by, and yours ISNT sitting out front. may be in the back??
Rockys boat doesnt sit...it hops around! :D
2 DCB lemons in 6 years isnt a bad history at all. Probably less than 1% sold in that time frame???
Deano

Kilrtoy
05-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Is it me,
or does every boat HH get in BREAK....
NOTE TO SELF: never give HH a ride... :boxed:

Havasu Hangin'
05-22-2006, 03:22 PM
2 DCB lemons in 6 years isnt a bad history at all. Probably less than 1% sold in that time frame???
So are you now drinking the Kool-Aid...
...or just skipping the whole "add water" step and snorting it like Charley? :notam:

TOBTEK
05-22-2006, 03:32 PM
...or just skipping the whole "add water" step and snorting it like Charley? :notam:
HE was drinking ALOT of koolaide at the boatshow a few yrs ago...... RUMOR has it :cool:

unleashed
05-22-2006, 03:37 PM
No Kool Aid here. I figured I'd keep the Force and buy a pontoon and have the best of both worlds for less! Im a bargain shopper! Im not in the DCB big baller group like Charley and Toby! Those guys have bank! I can only dream! I drink Tang! :)
Deano

Havasu Hangin'
05-22-2006, 03:41 PM
I drink poonTang!

unleashed
05-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Ole HH, definitly knows how to read into things! yeeeeehaaaaawwww...its gonna be off the hook this weekend!
Deano

Jrocket
05-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Im not in the DCB big baller group like Charley and Toby! Those guys have bank!
You can fool some but,Ive heard different.
BTW,hows that BMW doing...looked good cruising around the weekend of the poker run.

TOBTEK
05-22-2006, 03:58 PM
No Kool Aid here. I figured I'd keep the Force and buy a pontoon and have the best of both worlds for less! Im a bargain shopper! Im not in the DCB big baller group like Charley and Toby! Those guys have bank! I can only dream! I drink Tang! :)
Deano
righhhhhhhhht !....... your two motors cost more than my entire boat! well almost....

unleashed
05-22-2006, 04:27 PM
You can fool some but,Ive heard different.
BTW,hows that BMW doing...looked good cruising around the weekend of the poker run.
That was a maxima...I just put 745LI magnetic sticker on it. I guess it worked! hahahahah...you DCB guys are easy to fool!
Deano

Charley
05-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Koolaid does a body good.... just look at 3 days only...right after he rode in WW's boat he started thinning up and looking to sexy to someone other than rocky... :cry: :cry:

unleashed
05-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Koolaid does a body good.... just look at 3 days only...right after he rode in WW's boat he started thinning up and looking to sexy to someone other than rocky... :cry: :cry:
Come to think of it...those two guys used to hangout all the time. I remember the shirts they used to wear....TEAM PORPOISE! Wow wear is Jeffyson???
Deano

Charley
05-22-2006, 04:56 PM
I dunno but I found this cool picture of him as a little boy
http://www.tomarma.com/Stock/Animals/Closeups/Porpoise.jpg

Magic34
05-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Dont know 3DO, but that is funny. :D

TOBTEK
05-22-2006, 05:29 PM
LOL..... where do you this stuff.

BoatFloating
05-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Hmmm. I was hangin at the sandbar wih Brad saturday. He had his 23' WPM Warrior. I should of asked him what's up with the 29.
He's keeping the WPM for a second boat. Hell as much as that DCB in the shop he'll need it.......

phebus
05-22-2006, 06:00 PM
He's keeping the WPM for a second boat. Hell as much as that DCB in the shop he'll need it.......
It's not in the shop, it's in the alley :)

ZSARGO
05-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Just For The Record- The Boat Is Sitting At Aaron's Shop Behind The Gates Waiting To Have Some Work Done On It. Brad And I Were Sitting In It Last Night Licking Our Chops. Good Old Captain Ron Is Coming Out To Color Sand And Detail The Boat, One Of The Trannies Needs A Little Work, A Full Service And Brad's Insurance Company Is Requiring Him To Put In Kill Switches Prior To Insuring It. The Boat Will Never Be Towed Out Of Havasu, So The Trailer Thing Is A Non Issue. I Think All Of You Will Agree That For $145k And Maybe $5k To Make The Boat Perfect, It Wasn't A Bad Deal. I'm Sure Many Have Dropped More Than That On A Single Motored F26 Or A Twin Outboard F26 That May Run 105. Brad Will Be Idling By Those Boats At 120. A 155 Mph Boat Is Not Going To Be Cheap To Run Any Way You Look At It. But If You Want To Play...we'll You Know. I'm Just Glad A Close Friend Of Mine Bought The Boat And Since I Found The Boat For Him On Hot Boat, I've Been Promised Some Seat Time As A Finders Fee. Can't Wait. And If You Already Own A Sweet 23 Warrior That Runs 120 As A Spare And HaveDeep Pockets That The Dcb was a good gamble. You probably talking $300k plus to duplicate the boat, so Brad's at least $150k ahead of the game. Just My Two Cents.

OutCole'd
05-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Just For The Record- The Boat Is Sitting At Aaron's Shop Behind The Gates Waiting To Have Some Work Done On It. Brad And I Were Sitting In It Last Night Licking Our Chops. Good Old Captain Ron Is Coming Out To Color Sand And Detail The Boat, One Of The Trannies Needs A Little Work, A Full Service And Brad's Insurance Company Is Requiring Him To Put In Kill Switches Prior To Insuring It. The Boat Will Never Be Towed Out Of Havasu, So The Trailer Thing Is A Non Issue. I Think All Of You Will Agree That For $145k And Maybe $5k To Make The Boat Perfect, It Wasn't A Bad Deal. I'm Sure Many Have Dropped More Than That On A Single Motored F26 Or A Twin Outboard F26 That May Run 105. Brad Will Be Idling By Those Boats At 120. A 155 Mph Boat Is Not Going To Be Cheap To Run Any Way You Look At It. But If You Want To Play...we'll You Know. I'm Just Glad A Close Friend Of Mine Bought The Boat And Since I Found The Boat For Him On Hot Boat, I've Been Promised Some Seat Time As A Finders Fee. Can't Wait. And If You Already Own A Sweet 23 Warrior That Runs 120 As A Spare And Deep Pockets That The Dcb Was The Deal Of A Lifetime. Just My Two Cents.
Why Do You Capitalize The First Letter In Your Text?

ZSARGO
05-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Because I Dropped Out Of School In The Fourth Grade. Am I Being Graded? This Is Actually The First Time I've Posted On Hot Boat In A While. Now I Remember Why.

TOBTEK
05-22-2006, 08:11 PM
cause Less Is Very Formal :) and I agree, that 29 wouldn't be breathing at my top speed!

OutCole'd
05-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Because I Dropped Out Of School In The Fourth Grade. Am I Being Graded? This Is Actually The First Time I've Posted On Hot Boat In A While. Now I Remember Why.
Come On, I'm Just Playing With You. Take It Easy. :D :D

ZSARGO
05-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Actually I just got back from Havasu after drinking all day and all night since Thursday. I'm surprised I still know my own name. As if Thursday, Friday and Saturday weren't enough we decided to close down Desert Martini last night after beer bonging all day, a few buckets at Naked Turtle and that's after we all woke up hammered. So no grading my replies till at least Thursday. But that did confirm that my brain is mush. I need spell check big time. Ok off to bed for about 20 hours of sleep, and then I'll be back to writing poetry. :)

unleashed
05-22-2006, 08:20 PM
from 300k to 145k....thats gotta hurt for the seller. Most DCB's hold there value well. To bad for all the negative publicity or this thing would have sold a long time ago. Your friend scored on this deal. And no I dont want any Koolaid. Charley's my neighbor and passes that shit out like its cocaine at a porn party!:)
Deano

Havasu Hangin'
05-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Congrats on the boat- your buddy got the deal of a lifetime.
There's nothing like hearing those blowers scream for mercy at 140MPH+...

blown dough
05-22-2006, 08:26 PM
kind of new here and havent figured out the whole kool-aid thing

Havasu Hangin'
05-22-2006, 08:30 PM
kind of new here and havent figured out the whole kool-aid thing
Dave's followers are not allowed to look kindly at any other boats...
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/04/14/dd_jim_jones91.jpg

blown dough
05-22-2006, 08:32 PM
thanks i'm learning, i guess i still need a sippy cup

ZSARGO
05-22-2006, 08:34 PM
from 300k to 145k....thats gotta hurt for the seller. Most DCB's hold there value well. To bad for all the negative publicity or this thing would have sold a long time ago. Your friend scored on this deal. And no I dont want any Koolaid. Charley's my neighbor and passes that shit out like its cocaine at a porn party!:)
Deano
I think he paid more like $330k and I'm sure he put a few bucks in after the fact. Oach. If I had the time to use it, I put 5 hours on my boat last year, I would have never called Brad and stroked a check for that boat myself. My wife would have loved that one. But I used to finance boats and I know how hard it is to finance a used cat, not to mention trying to find insurance. So first you have to find a buyer that wants a 155 mph boat and then they basically have to pay cash for it. So I'm sure people weren't beating down the doors to buy it. Let's just say the premium on the policy is more per month that on my 25 Daytona per year. Brad was going to pay over $220k for it last year, but the timing wasn't right. When I noticed the boat on here for $160k, I knew it was just to good of a deal for him to pass up and I was correct. Shot gun!

FASTERDAMITT
05-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Zsargo.... You have a friend???? Go to bed Jack!! You got four loans to fund tomarrow! :D Oh, next time you better have room for the RV!

BoatFloating
05-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Zsargo.... You have a friend???? Go to bed Jack!! You got four loans to fund tomarrow! :D Oh, next time you better have room for the RV!
Yeah he needs to send me some loans so I can hit the baller status.... :)

Havasu Cig
05-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Deano
That's the problem when you start getting into the $$$ range where you can buy a boat that has more nation wide appeal. Look at charley's old 29, I think it is suffering because DCB is mostly only known on the west coast (which I also think was the main issue with this boat).
You talk to guys at the races or at the Scope run (where there is a more diverse crowd) about DCB and most have heard of them, but know nothing about them. When you try and sell a cat in the 30+ range with twins you are in a market that has a lot more competition from boats built on the east coast etc...
When I sold my DCB's all the people that were calling were local. When I sold the Cig (which only took 8 hours on OSO) I was getting calls from all over the United States. Something to think about when you are dropping 200k+ on a boat. My.02.

Boatlesss
05-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Another reason to buy a SKATER.

mbrown2
05-23-2006, 08:59 AM
That's the problem when you start getting into the $$$ range where you can buy a boat that has more nation wide appeal. Look at charley's old 29, I think it is suffering because DCB is mostly only known on the west coast (which I also think was the main issue with this boat).
You talk to guys at the races or at the Scope run (where there is a more diverse crowd) about DCB and most have heard of them, but know nothing about them. When you try and sell a cat in the 30+ range with twins you are in a market that has a lot more competition from boats built on the east coast etc, and being in the 200K+ market
When I sold my DCB's all the people that were calling were local. When I sold the Cig (which only took 8 hours on OSO) I was getting calls from all over the United States. Something to think about when you are dropping 200k+ on a boat. My.02.
Although, I love DCB' and would purchase from them again, I totally agree with you. The 29 is relatively new but Charley's boat and this white 29 took big hits in value on the resale market...maybe for different reasons, but it don't matter....still big hits for how they rigged, built, performed and the power they had...The 26's will lose value, but normal 30% "new to use depreciation hits", but due to the price market they are in, there will be West Coast buyers for them......These 29' boats are taking much larger hits and I think it has to do with being a Boutique builder with very little brand awareness outside of the West Coast.
On the flipside, other then Skater, I see other East Coast cats taking large hits when for sale used, or in some cases new.......IE: 219K for a 32 Spectre with Vipers (new) versus 325K for a 32 Skater with the same setup....both new style hulls from each builder.......I think that 32 Spectre is a bargain when compared to the Skater, and compared to a 32 DCB with the same power.

Charley
05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Another reason to buy a SKATER.
:rolleyes: when are you gonna tell us what you have owned>? We know you are an arneson and skater cheerleader... what have you actually owned>?
Although, I love DCB' and would purchase from them again, I totally agree with you. The 29 is relatively new but Charley's boat and this white 29 took big hits in value on the resale market...maybe for different reasons, but it don't matter....still big hits for how they rigged, built, performed and the power they had...The 26's will lose value, but normal 30% "new to use depreciation hits", but due to the price market they are in, there will be West Coast buyers for them......These 29' boats are taking much larger hits and I think it has to do with being a Boutique builder with very little brand awareness outside of the West Coast.
On the flipside, other then Skater, I see other East Coast cats taking large hits when for sale used, or in some cases new.......IE: 219K for a 32 Spectre with Vipers (new) versus 325K for a 32 Skater with the same setup....both new style hulls from each builder.......I think that 32 Spectre is a bargain when compared to the Skater, and compared to a 32 DCB with the same power.
I dont know how big a hit anyone took on my boat, in fact last time I looked he was asking about what he paid for it 2 years ago...and I know I was happy with what I got for it too, so :D ... now the white F29 here was a big hit from 330k to 145k .. that just sux, but I think it got a bit of a bad rep when it was seen sitting outside on the side of savage for 6 months coupled with attempting insurance on a 155mph 29' cat well you do the math on the potential buyers..... as far as depreciation, it happens with all boats including Skaters... in fact there are 60 skaters for sale on OSO...highest I have seen ever....I guarantee if Chris was to sell his boat today he would take a 15%-20% hit from what he paid...so would I, so would Phat Matt etc...

KROOZIN
05-23-2006, 12:22 PM
:rolleyes: ..... as far as depreciation, it happens with all boats including Skaters... in fact there are 60 skaters for sale on OSO...highest I have seen ever....I guarantee if Chris was to sell his boat today he would take a 15%-20% hit from what he paid...so would I, so would Phat Matt etc...
I concur with that statement... :cry: :(

ZSARGO
05-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Shit... you only made it one day. What was wrong with parking in front of my driveway and blocking half the street. Oh and also blocking the entire driveway. Yes Tom that's 4 rounds for me one round for you. I'll let you slide because your an old ass.

mbrown2
05-23-2006, 03:38 PM
I dont know how big a hit anyone took on my boat, in fact last time I looked he was asking about what he paid for it 2 years ago...and I know I was happy with what I got for it too, so :D ...
I stand corrected, I did not know what you paid, but assumed the retail price for your boat at the time was definitely above 225 given the engines you had and what it probably would have cost someone else to build.....so to sell 2.5 years later for somewhere around 160k is a little more depreciation hit then I would assume someone would take.
... as far as depreciation, it happens with all boats including Skaters... in fact there are 60 skaters for sale on OSO...highest I have seen ever....I guarantee if Chris was to sell his boat today he would take a 15%-20% hit from what he paid...so would I, so would Phat Matt etc...
I totally agree as I stated before, normal depreciation always affects new boat resales....

Extreme Marine Az
05-23-2006, 03:45 PM
On the flipside, other then Skater, I see other East Coast cats taking large hits when for sale used, or in some cases new.......IE: 219K for a 32 Spectre with Vipers (new) versus 325K for a 32 Skater with the same setup....both new style hulls from each builder.......I think that 32 Spectre is a bargain when compared to the Skater, and compared to a 32 DCB with the same power. 219k for that 32 Spectre? Hmmmmm,,, I think it more like $200k TODAY!

FASTERDAMITT
05-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Shit... you only made it one day. What was wrong with parking in front of my driveway and blocking half the street. Oh and also blocking the entire driveway. Yes Tom that's 4 rounds for me one round for you. I'll let you slide because your an old ass.
Older the wiser Buddie! When you gonna pave the RV drive?? :cry:

KROOZIN
05-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Dave's followers are not allowed to look kindly at any other boats...
BS..............................post some damn video already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p

Boatlesss
05-23-2006, 07:55 PM
:rolleyes: when are you gonna tell us what you have owned>? We know you are an arneson and skater cheerleader... what have you actually owned>?
Hey, I am boatless for a reason... $$ I am less fortunate than others.
Cheerleading is led by you; you emphatically consume the role beyond comparison. Not that that is bad. I just don't care much for Mercury or Mercury copied products and I believe there is an alternative.
I do not believe I have stated anything incorrectly though.

Charley
05-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey, I am boatless for a reason... $$ I am less fortunate than others.
Cheerleading is led by you; you emphatically consume the role beyond comparison. Not that that is bad. I just don't care much for Mercury or Mercury copied products and I believe there is an alternative.
I do not believe I have stated anything incorrectly though.
You seem to have some pretty dedicated convictions.... if you havent owned a boat, what do you base your opinions on?
PS to say you don't cheerlead for Skater and Arneson is definitive denial :cool:

Boatlesss
05-23-2006, 11:09 PM
I did not say that I do not favor them. Everyone has their own taste/preference/etc., but I am not in denail about others as well.
And not to be repetitive, but I don't feel that I am inaccurate in my statements.

THREADED INC.
05-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Well i have to say im personally very satisfied with my DCB purchase. They took very good care of me. I will recomend them any day.....
Dave is only human. The boats cant always perfect. But when there is a issue he is there, FAST. So if he trys his best to correct the problem then why bash.

Havasu Cig
05-24-2006, 08:20 AM
I dont know how big a hit anyone took on my boat, in fact last time I looked he was asking about what he paid for it 2 years ago...and I know I was happy with what I got for it too, so :D ... now the white F29 here was a big hit from 330k to 145k .. that just sux, but I think it got a bit of a bad rep when it was seen sitting outside on the side of savage for 6 months coupled with attempting insurance on a 155mph 29' cat well you do the math on the potential buyers..... as far as depreciation, it happens with all boats including Skaters... in fact there are 60 skaters for sale on OSO...highest I have seen ever....I guarantee if Chris was to sell his boat today he would take a 15%-20% hit from what he paid...so would I, so would Phat Matt etc...
Actually Charley, at the start of the season I was considering selling because I had not used it much and Scot had a buyer for more than I payed for it. Scot talked me out of it though because of the wait for another one would be extremely long if I decided I made a mistake.
As far as how many Skaters there are for sale compared to DCB's, Skater has been around for a lot longer and there are a lot more of them out there. This along with some of the boats being sold are former race boats, and some are on the extreme end when it comes to $$$ you really can't compare the two unless you are comparing similar set-up's.
As far as your old 29, the guy trying to sell it seems like he is trying pretty hard with no luck. I still say the problem is nation wide appeal which for the most part DCB does not have. A lot of people from the east coast I have talked to still thinks DCB rigs Eliminators. They really don't know much about them.

Havasu Cig
05-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Well i have to say im personally very satisfied with my DCB purchase. They took very good care of me. I will recomend them any day.....
Dave is only human. The boats cant always perfect. But when there is a issue he is there, FAST. So if he trys his best to correct the problem then why bash.
It has not always been this way. The power of the internet has changed a lot of things.
As far as perfect boats, My Skater and Cig have been as close as you can get. :cool:

Charley
05-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Actually Charley, at the start of the season I was considering selling because I had not used it much and Scot had a buyer for more than I payed for it. Scot talked me out of it though because of the wait for another one would be extremely long if I decided I made a mistake..
I wasn't singling you out, I was trying to make a point that pretty much anyone who buys a brand new boat and puts 20-50 hrs on it is gonna take a hit.. It common sense, you wont pay for a used boat what you can get a new one for... if you made a stellar deal on yours then thats different.
As far as how many Skaters there are for sale compared to DCB's, Skater has been around for a lot longer and there are a lot more of them out there. This along with some of the boats being sold are former race boats, and some are on the extreme end when it comes to $$$ you really can't compare the two unless you are comparing similar set-up's..
.. I was only stating that 60 was the highest number of Skaters I remember being for sale on OSO... not implying anything good or bad, in fact there are 8 DCB's for sale which is the highest I have seen them too.... maybe it's a sign of the times... There are so many things that effect why people have toys or even brand specific toys....gas, insurance, 2nd mortgage interest rates etc.
As far as your old 29, the guy trying to sell it seems like he is trying pretty hard with no luck. I still say the problem is nation wide appeal which for the most part DCB does not have. A lot of people from the east coast I have talked to still thinks DCB rigs Eliminators. They really don't know much about them.
Sounded to me like he had a buyer and had some communication issues... as far as market awareness I think DCB is slowly gaining a few fans in the east, we will see how the new East coast dealer effects that...
As far as perfect boats, My Skater and Cig have been as close as you can get. :cool:
In your opinion

Havasu Cig
05-25-2006, 08:48 AM
I agree with everything you said except the last line. The boats I have had the least problems with have been my Cig and Skater. Maybe DCB has improved since the last one I owned but I was constantly having to walk around the boat and fix little things here and there and tighten screws and bolts all the time. My east coast boats have been virtually trouble free in comparison. Maybe it's more function versus looks when it comes to rigging.

Havasu Hangin'
05-25-2006, 08:53 AM
I agree with everything you said except the last line. The boats I have had the least problems with have been my Cig and Skater.
Give it up Havasu Cig- Charley has owned more Cigs and Skaters than all of us combined, so he knows what he is talking about.
Kinda like that "Eliminator 4 Life' guy saying that "Eliminator is the best...hands down" (even though he has never owned another boat).
:notam:

Charley
05-25-2006, 11:40 AM
HH I don't need to own a Cig to know I don't want one you see it's a V and I prefer to at least appear to be a Real Man who owns a Real Boat... you know a "CAT" ................................. lighten up Francis, it's just a joke ;)
Regarding the skater...I don't need to own a skater to know I don't want one....I prefer the looks of the F series DCBs over the skaters and I dont need to own one to determine that (thats obviously just my opinion) ...more importantly I place my family's needs far above a few miles an hour I "might" get from owning a like powered skater. I don't require vaccume bagging, I'm plenty happy with the way my boat handles the water on a big day where I boat, and I'm glad I didn't initially have to drop $20k on a paint job that will just end up being less durable than a gel coat anyways. I'm also glad my wife can't reach over and try to slow my driving habit's down at will via throttles that are within her physical access :D ... I know, I'm giving all that functionality of having a throttleman that you skater owners must use daily!:D Know what I do have?? a 5 year old and 9 month old who really dig watching "shrek" or the "incredibles" on the 15" LCD screen under the bow... It also has some little fans to circulate air.... pretty cool huh?... then again that's just bling crap right? :p

Havasu Hangin'
05-25-2006, 05:37 PM
....I prefer the looks of the F series DCBs over the skaters...
You DCB guys are all about looks (which is probably why your hair is perfect 24/7).
However, there is more to boating than how your hair looks.

soupersonic
05-25-2006, 06:04 PM
You mean ive been doing it wrong all these years? :rolleyes:

Phat Matt
05-25-2006, 06:30 PM
I guarantee if Chris was to sell his boat today he would take a 15%-20% hit from what he paid...so would I, so would Phat Matt etc...
Hey, how did I get pulled into this? :D I bet I could sell my boat for what I paid for it or more. The prices have gone up quite a bit from when I locked it in over a year ago. If it was sitting in the shop ready to go I know some of the people that have come in ready to buy would so they wouldn't have to wait. I bought it a year ago March but didn't take delivery until late last year.
We will never find out though, it's not for sale. :crossx:

Charley
05-26-2006, 06:32 AM
That's funny all 3 examples including myself apparently will profit after buying a boat!
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/sign0147.gif

Phat Matt
05-26-2006, 11:09 AM
That's funny all 3 examples including myself apparently will profit after buying a boat!
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/sign0147.gif
It's economics. Supply and Demand. :)

THREADED INC.
05-29-2006, 07:47 PM
You DCB guys are all about looks (which is probably why your hair is perfect 24/7).
Hairs Important

Havasu Hangin'
05-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Hairs Important
It's also important that when you put your boat in forward...it goes forward.
Also, when you turn the wheel to the right, it is very important that the boat goes right- not left.

BoatFloating
05-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Also, when you turn the wheel to the right, it is very important that the boat goes right- not left.
Oh you had to go there. T-Minus 60 seconds till Charley is in defending why that wasn't such a bad thing....

Jordy
05-30-2006, 07:14 AM
Oh you had to go there. T-Minus 60 seconds till Charley is in defending why that wasn't such a bad thing....
You know, if you think about it, it really isn't such a bad thing actually. Think of it as a theft deterrant. Say you're hanging out at the Turtle and someone tries to jump in your boat and take it for a spin. They fire it up and in their haste to make a speedy escape, throw it in "reverse" and throttle up. Now they've beached it further, drawn attention to themselves, and have no choice but to sit and wait for the po-po to show up and apprehend the would be joy riders. I think I'm going to go switch mine around right now. :D :D :D

Havasu Cig
05-30-2006, 08:05 AM
My last Mach did the same thing on the water test. Turn left it goes right and turn right and it goes left. The bad part was that after they fixed it something was broken in the system which caused me to lose my steering and the thing instantly turned hard to the right causing the boat to spin and almost ejected my backseat passenger. :rolleyes:

BoatFloating
05-30-2006, 08:54 AM
You know, if you think about it, it really isn't such a bad thing actually. Think of it as a theft deterrant. Say you're hanging out at the Turtle and someone tries to jump in your boat and take it for a spin. They fire it up and in their haste to make a speedy escape, throw it in "reverse" and throttle up. Now they've beached it further, drawn attention to themselves, and have no choice but to sit and wait for the po-po to show up and apprehend the would be joy riders. I think I'm going to go switch mine around right now. :D :D :D
Those DCB guys are always on top of it....

Dave C
05-30-2006, 12:39 PM
classic!