PDA

View Full Version : scoop air filter

wrenchdaddy
05-18-2006, 05:56 PM
I just got a nice aluminum single carb scoop from a board member but Im not sure what filter it takes or how it mounts to the carb, its just the housing. Can anybody fill me in?

HBjet
05-18-2006, 06:28 PM
You need a flame arrestor if you want a filter or you can make a bracket that holds the scoop down to the carp.
Rex Marine has flame arrestors.
HBjet

blown428fe
05-18-2006, 06:53 PM
I just got a nice aluminum single carb scoop from a board member but Im not sure what filter it takes or how it mounts to the carb, its just the housing. Can anybody fill me in?
I used a chrome Napa filter that fit in there and welded a round disk that just fit in the top so it wouldnt crush when socking it down. Has to be tight or she will spin.

Sticky Fingers
05-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Ever had someone tell you to turn your scoop backwards and your mph will pick up? 4 different people told me I just haven't tried it.

Nucking futs
05-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Ever had someone tell you to turn your scoop backwards and your mph will pick up? 4 different people told me I just haven't tried it.
RPM not MPH

Sticky Fingers
05-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Rpm Increase Is Mph Right?

jetboat
05-19-2006, 05:22 AM
it worked,instead of air blasting into the carb,and sometimes that to much,(mine is almost stock 460)turned it backwords so it made a vacume or sucked the air and itran better.