PDA

View Full Version : New music listening ideas for boat...

syke-o
05-19-2006, 11:14 AM
so i am looking for some new music ideas to rock in the boat... any recommendations for artists in the techno/trance/house field?? i usually play hip hop to get the girls shakin that ass, but looking to maybe mix it up a little....

OnlyMoney
05-19-2006, 11:27 AM
I always seem to have info on what you're looking for. ;)
I'm sure Phatt Matt can REALLY help you out with this one, but if you have Sirius..channels 33 & 36 play great stuff. Channel 81 (BPM) on XM. I hav ea thing for Paul Oakenfold's stuff, especially the new one with Brittany Murphy singing. It's on my myspace page here. (http://www.myspace.com/havasubadgirl)

lakewake
05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
so i am looking for some new music ideas to rock in the boat... any recommendations for artists in the techno/trance/house field?? i usually play hip hop to get the girls shakin that ass, but looking to maybe mix it up a little....
If you don't already have XM satellite consider it. I got it for our cars and picked up an extra cradle for the boat. No CDs to melt in the sun, no skipping in rough water. Everybody is happy.

Cheap Thrills
05-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Infected Mushroom , Crystal Method ,Hallucinogen,
All good :cool:
C.T. :wink:

CA Stu
05-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Underworld.

Phat Matt
05-19-2006, 11:45 AM
The DJ's put out some great mix cds if you like good progressive house.
Sasha
John Digweed
Danny Howells
Sander Kleinenburg
James Zabiela
Deep Dish
Danny Tenaglia
Steve Lawler
Slacker
If you want to throw in some breaks check out...
Rennie Pilgrem
DJ Icey
You can download some of our mp3 mixes here on my friends site.
www.djfeniks.com
Whatever I can do to help the Havasu house movement. :D

Phat Matt
05-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Oh, and between the 2 satellite stations XM is by far better on the house tip. The Move is a great station and they just added Chill which plays some great downtempo electronica perfect for a relaxing Sunday afternoon. :)

HMF'er
05-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Phatt Matt has been playing some of the new stuff from Kenny G, that's what got all the girls dancing last time.

syke-o
05-19-2006, 12:22 PM
I always seem to have info on what you're looking for. ;)
I'm sure Phatt Matt can REALLY help you out with this one, but if you have Sirius..channels 33 & 36 play great stuff. Channel 81 (BPM) on XM. I hav ea thing for Paul Oakenfold's stuff, especially the new one with Brittany Murphy singing. It's on my myspace page here. (http://www.myspace.com/havasubadgirl)
yes you always seem to be there to help me out :crossx: :crossx: i have xm already so i will have to check out some of the offerings on there... i like oakenfolds stuff too :)

syke-o
05-19-2006, 12:23 PM
The DJ's put out some great mix cds if you like good progressive house.
Sasha
John Digweed
Danny Howells
Sander Kleinenburg
James Zabiela
Deep Dish
Danny Tenaglia
Steve Lawler
Slacker
If you want to throw in some breaks check out...
Rennie Pilgrem
DJ Icey
You can download some of our mp3 mixes here on my friends site.
www.djfeniks.com
Whatever I can do to help the Havasu house movement. :D
i knew you would be able to steer me in the right direction.. thanks!!

a catered life
05-19-2006, 12:26 PM
i might get black balled for this one but fort minor has been in my boat for 2 trips now.....hes a cool mix or rock and hip hop with great beats...also since the nba playoff have started tnt have been using one of his best tracks for commericals

Cheap Thrills
05-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Infected Mushroom Teaser (http://mms.infected.co.il/Mp3/AcidKiller.mp3)
Video (http://mms.infected.co.il/Video/Los%20Angeles%20-%20Electric%20Daisy%20Carnival.wmv) 80Mb
look for some good teasers here for The Crystal Method (http://thecrystalmethod.com/)
having trouble finding Hallucinogen teasers but same stuff different dude.
good call "Only Money" on the Oakenfold good stuff too.
C.T. :wink:

Phat Matt
05-19-2006, 03:44 PM
I use to like Oakenfold years ago until I saw him live. What a disappointment. Anybody could have a bad night so I gave him another shot. Wasn't any better and seem very full of himself. "Check me out, I'm a superstar DJ." (Which he is, just don't need to act like it) Then the first time he was at Coachella we went to see him on the main stage. His first track the sound was messed up and only his monitors were working. He was getting into it but nobody could here anything. Not his fault, but kind of funny. He started over and they fixed it. He messed up twice in his hour set. One being the needle going all the way across the record. That can happen when you get a dust ball on it from not keeping your records clean and you loose the groove. No way in hell with the amount of money he was getting paid that that should ever happen. Jen just saw him at Coachella again this year and said he sucked again.
Some guys are just better in the studio. He is one of them.
Danny Howells on the other hand is a class guy, very personable and a phenominal mixer and programmer. If you ever get a chance to see him live do it.

Froggystyle
05-19-2006, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=Phat Matt]I use to like Oakenfold years ago until I saw him live. What a disappointment. [QUOTE]
I don't want to hear another goddamn peep outta you regarding my Oakie!
Keep it to yourself bro... ;)
Hater.

HM
05-19-2006, 03:54 PM
I like cedarmont Kids and the sound track from VeggieTales. Gets the babes rocking I tell ya!!!

Phat Matt
05-19-2006, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Phat Matt]I use to like Oakenfold years ago until I saw him live. What a disappointment. [QUOTE]
I don't want to hear another goddamn peep outta you regarding my Oakie!
Keep it to yourself bro... ;)
Hater.
LOL. You need to speak to Jen about his last showing at Coachella. :cry: