PDA

View Full Version : I'm Buying A New Boat...Shockwave or Ultra or ????

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm ready to buy a new boat and I'm putting my Baja up for sale....any advice?
I'm thinking about a new or slightly used 25' to 29' for, v-bottom, and prefer a closed deck (my truck has a bed in back and I think my boat should have a bed in front :D ).
I'm considering Shockwave and Ultra because I've been in friends boats and driven them and like them, but I'm not sure what else to consider.
I'll primarily boat in Havasu and Mahave, but maybe the ocean since it's a block away, but I prefer the lakes.
What would you do?? Anyone have any BOATING advice on ***boat?? :idea:
By the way, if you know anyone who wants a nice wakeboard/speed boat...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/502/1098Outlaw20-Lake_Powell2.JPG
Check out the thread in the SPAM section....
Baja Outlaw Wakeboard Boat (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115555)

dicudmore
05-19-2006, 05:21 PM
flip a coin cause they sure both build nice boats :cool:

Dawn Patrol
05-19-2006, 05:41 PM
I would imagine you can't go wrong with either. I have a 29 shockwave and love it. I don't think I have heard a bad word about either boat. I would agree, flip a coin. :)

DILLIGAF
05-19-2006, 06:18 PM
The only thing I can say is that head room and space in the 29 is much, much more in the SW -vs- the 28 Ultra. I think you were with me when I checked them both out. Either way you go it sure is a lot of fun when you make your final decision :)
You know my choice already......

Mrs. River918
05-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Our 25ft Tremor is for sale!!!!!!!!!

Mrs.Killer
05-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Do your homework and you will find the best boat and price....

DAB
05-19-2006, 06:43 PM
I'd have to agree with Tom on the headroom and space in the Shockwave 29...

Parker Dreamin
05-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Check out Cobra as well.... cant say anything bad about them.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Sucks that the timeing was off to get DILLIGAF's boat but thats how things tend to happen. Good luck on the sale and you should have some fun shoping for a new boat. Its always fun getting new toys!

Jordy
05-19-2006, 07:01 PM
I'd personally go take a close look at Kachina. The sky is the limit there. ;)
Jordy <---- just wanted to be the first one to say it. :D

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 07:25 PM
I'd personally go take a close look at Kachina. The sky is the limit there. ;)
Jordy <---- just wanted to be the first one to say it. :D
Jordy, I don't know Kachina, but looked at the website and looks interesting...
You know anyone there??
Send me a contact if you have one.
:idea:

Jordy
05-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Jordy, I don't know Kachina, but looked at the website and looks interesting...
Actually, on second thought, just stick with the Shockwave or the Ultra. You won't go wrong with either one of those. ;)

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Sucks that the timeing was off to get DILLIGAF's boat but thats how things tend to happen. Good luck on the sale and you should have some fun shoping for a new boat. Its always fun getting new toys!
ya, timing is everything, I would have loved to have Tom's boat.
But now I'm ready.... :rollside: :rollside:
:cool:

Jyruiz
05-19-2006, 07:45 PM
How about THIS (http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108253) Shockwave.

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Actually, on second thought, just stick with the Shockwave or the Ultra. You won't go wrong with either one of those. ;)
Damn, I was just packing the truck to drive to Phoenix to buy a Kachina.... :cry:
Well, maybe I'll just drive to Corona....:D
Thanks Jordy!

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 07:50 PM
How about THIS (http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108253) Shockwave.
We're talking....... :idea:
Thanks!

Flying Tiger
05-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Ultra owners always seem to be happy,, and they get good service.
Never hear bitches from Shockwave owners either.
Geeze,,, which ever one ya feel comfortable with.
Both have good , fast resale too.
Jet or Prop???

OutCole'd
05-19-2006, 08:09 PM
There are a couple of nice 29' Essex boats in the Spam section here also.

voodoomedman
05-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Barry from Shockwave and all the guys at Ultra are about the only guys at the boat show that will say hi and give you the time of day if your not buying a $300,000 boat. Well them and the jet ski guys. :D

ULTRA28
05-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Barry from Shockwave and all the guys at Ultra are about the only guys at the boat show that will say hi and give you the time of day if your not buying a $300,000 boat. Well them and the jet ski guys. :D
As of next Tuesday it will be Barry from Ultra. :D

OutCole'd
05-19-2006, 08:36 PM
:jawdrop:

DILLIGAF
05-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Hmmmmm....That is kind of shocking. Gotta ask him about that one tomorrow.

voodoomedman
05-19-2006, 08:37 PM
What about the jet ski guys???? :D

voodoomedman
05-19-2006, 08:39 PM
I'll be working the Corona showroom this weekend if you want to stop by.
Do yourself a favor and go talk with this guy. He won't even try an sell you an Ultra. He will just educate you about boats. Just make sure you look down when you walk in though, you don't want to trip over him. :D

Mrs.Killer
05-19-2006, 08:40 PM
WTF.....
ARE U SERIOUS

ULTRA28
05-19-2006, 08:44 PM
WTF.....
ARE U SERIOUS
Yeah, Barry starts Tuesday. He's a great guy and we look forward to having him on our team.

Jordy
05-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah, Barry starts Tuesday. He's a great guy and we look forward to having him on our team.
Wow, that should be a great addition. Congrats to Ultra and to Barry. :D

voodoomedman
05-19-2006, 08:46 PM
This is all a ploy to get Frenchie to sell the Shockwave and finally buy an Ultra......... :D
Hey were not losing Bob or somebody for Barry are we???????

Phat Matt
05-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Does this mean he has to sell his Shockwave? :D

KineticoH20
05-19-2006, 08:49 PM
This is all a ploy to get Frenchie to sell the Shockwave and finally buy an Ultra......... :D
Bob is long gone!

ULTRA28
05-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, Bob finally took that job at Water Rod. J/K. He got a sweet job for a big granite company.

Mrs.Killer
05-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Bob is long gone!
WHAT
He is the sole owner...

voodoomedman
05-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Bob is long gone!
What happened to Bob?????????

KineticoH20
05-19-2006, 08:52 PM
What happened to Bob?????????
I heard Bob is selling granite now.

voodoomedman
WHAT
He is the sole owner...
Bob was Big John's sales guy in Corona. Not Bob from Shockwave.

DILLIGAF
I don't doubt what you are saying and certain things that happened this week now make sense to me. Congrats for Ultra and Barry. I have always enjoyed working with Barry. Both places are very good at what they do and handle the customers the way they should be taken care of.

ULTRA28
Does this mean he has to sell his Shockwave? :D
No way. He'll be at the regatta with it. Shockwave builds a great boat. We are coming out with a 34 this year, but there is no reason that Barry should have to own an Ultra just to work here.

Phat Matt
05-19-2006, 08:53 PM
I heard Bob is selling granite now.
Yeah. I heard the same thing. :) Pretty sweet gig too. :)

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Bob was Big John's sales guy in Corona. Not Bob from Shockwave.
I'm confused :confused:

voodoomedman
Yeah, Bob finally took that job at Water Rod. J/K. He got a sweet job for a big granite company.
Ahhh. Bob's a good guy. Good for him and his family.

Phat Matt
No way. He'll be at the regatta with it. Shockwave builds a great boat. We are coming out with a 34 this year, but there is no reason that Barry should have to own an Ultra just to work here.
I got it. You are just going to use him for his 34. lol ;)
Good thinking. :)

voodoomedman
05-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Big John as in Size. John DiGiacinto who co-owns Ultra's Corona Showroom. Little John in Size is the Owner of Ultra. Bob Brown was John's sales guy in Corona as Steve is John's sales guy in El Cajon. Bob left the company and Barry is coming over from Shockwave. Mrs. Killer thought we were talking about Bob the owner of Shockwave when we said Bob. Hope that explains it.

KineticoH20
05-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Big John as in Size. John DiGiacinto who co-owns Ultra's Corona Showroom. Little John in Size is the Owner of Ultra. Bob Brown was John's sales guy in Corona as Steve is John's sales guy in El Cajon. Bob left the company and Barry is coming over from Shockwave. Mrs. Killer thought we were talking about Bob the owner of Shockwave when we said Bob. Hope that explains it.
Voodoo your a regular who's who! you should be doin play by play for the dodgers :)

KineticoH20
05-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Allright JW enough web surfing your suposed to be drawing gel designs :wink:

DILLIGAF
05-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Why am I not surprised :)
we will clear it all up in the AM Mike.....

voodoomedman
05-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Voodoo your a regular who's who! you should be doin play by play for the dodgers :)
Doesn't Vince Scully already do that??? Of course I would love the paycheck!!!!

Beer-30
05-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Baja, whatever you do, don't just buy a boat for it's name. Crawl around through them all and see what works and doesn't work. Make a list of pros and cons and from that you can make adjustments and compromises.
For instance, riding in a 28 foot Eliminator Eagle had me sold on them. Style, stepped hull, performance, looks. But, the openings to the mid cuddy are the rectangle type - and that didn't work for the amount of people and equipment we would have on board. So, from that, we learned that we wanted wide-open entrance to mid cuddy.
Hence, we started looking at Kachina and Sleek. Stepped hulls, open mid cuddys, molded swim steps (like we talked in your other thread) and overall value.
I ended up paying $54,500 for Beer-30. She was 4 years old at the time and had 140 hours. Clean, stock, and even a decent stereo. You couldn't buy anything new for that price these days. Even a 21 footer would be hard to get out the door for that. Excluding Chap, Bayliner, etc.
Everyone on here that sells these boats have taken damn good care of them. They all seem serviced well and damage free. Take advantage of some of these awesome values. All of the brands are competing against each other, so you won't end up with a pile of crap.
BTW, at the time, I talked with Kachina and a brand new 26 Force was 72,800 - out the door with HO. I am sure they have gone up a little in the last two years.

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Damn, now I'm even more confused (no comment Tom!). This boat business is so incestuous, they not only "splash" hulls and graphics, but they splash the sales guys.... :idea:
At least the good guys are staying with the good companies!!!
Tom, you and Barry can "splain" everything to me tomorrow!
:rollside:

Kilrtoy
05-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Mrs. Killer thought we were talking about Bob the owner of Shockwave when we said Bob. Hope that explains it.
Nope, we knew he was talking about Barry.....
We know BOB owns SHOCKWAVE,
It is still shocking

DAB
05-19-2006, 09:24 PM
It is still shocking
Kilr, how's things going? Helping out over there it's not that shocking to me, Barry was ready for a change... I wish him well

voodoomedman
05-19-2006, 09:31 PM
It is still shocking
Your the misses now???????? J/K
I guess I thought wrong!!!!

Kilrtoy
05-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Your the misses now???????? J/K
I guess I thought wrong!!!!
Im married, So YES I'M THE MISSESS

Goodtime$
05-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Ultra 28
Shockwave 29
The new Donzi 27zr looks fun
......sh!t thats all i can think off.
as a fellow dana pointer, id rock the Ultra
if you are not set on twins. The gel coat is hard to beat.

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Ultra 28
Shockwave 29
Good post....must be a fellow Dana Pointer....
Hadn't really thought about Donzi....but I will now. :idea:
I riding in Tom's (Dilligaf) brand new Shockwave 29 (with 525) in the ocean tomorrow, can't wait!!!
I'll probably want one... :idea:

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Ultra 28
Shockwave 29
Look at this 22' Classic....what a great looking boat...
http://www.donzimarine.com/DonziWebsite/Jpegfiles/Boats/Classic/22classic/22pic1.jpg

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Or this one....
http://www.donzimarine.com/DonziWebsite/Jpegfiles/Boats/ZR/35zr/35ZR1.jpg
Donzi 35' ZR...
And the Donzi girls.....
http://www.donzimarine.com/DonziWebsite/Jpegfiles/Girls/Girls1/Girlspic9b.jpg
Nice!

Johnwithjm
05-20-2006, 08:58 AM
I am lookin forward to working side by side with Barry here at our Corona location. Barry is a great guy.

ROZ
05-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Im married, So YES I'M THE MISSESS
Mrs. mean married...
Miss. is not married
Which one again ? :D

River918
05-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Or this one....
http://www.donzimarine.com/DonziWebsite/Jpegfiles/Boats/ZR/35zr/35ZR1.jpg
Donzi 35' ZR...
And the Donzi girls.....
http://www.donzimarine.com/DonziWebsite/Jpegfiles/Girls/Girls1/Girlspic9b.jpg
Nice!
Look at this Shockwave:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2670-3.jpg
And the Shockwave girls:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2670IMG_2686-1.jpg
LOL......sent you an email with pictures...

KACHINA KEN
05-20-2006, 09:42 AM
How about a Kachina? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Jordy
05-20-2006, 09:50 AM
How about a Kachina? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
Why don't you go look at post #10. ;) :D

FRENCHIE
05-20-2006, 09:52 AM
ok no joke!!! if ultra had a bigger boat than the 28' i honestly conssider sellin mine and steppin up!!! Barry is a great personal friends, great salesman and honest person!! id follow him to almost any boat dealer!!
and john west and his product goes without saying!!! this definatley in my opinion will be a blow to not only the customer service at SHOCKWAVE, but also sales im sure...its really dissapointing!!! :frown:

shadow
05-20-2006, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=FRENCHIE]ok no joke!!! if ultra had a bigger boat than the 28' i honestly conssider sellin mine and steppin up!!!
Leon,Might want to start looking for a buyer. :idea:

voodoomedman
05-20-2006, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=FRENCHIE]ok no joke!!! if ultra had a bigger boat than the 28' i honestly conssider sellin mine and steppin up!!!
Yeah John just said he was about to come out with a 34!!!!!!

KACHINA KEN
05-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Why don't you go look at post #10. ;) :D
Oops, I was just trying to get a post in b4 leaving for work.

BajaMike
05-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Just spent the day riding around in Tom's (Dilligaf) new Shockwave 29' and Barry's 34' Shockwave in the big blue sea.....wow....nice boats. I'm sure Tom will post some pics.
Living in Dana Point, I'm in ocean boats all the time, and Tom's 29' is the smoothest and nicest boat for it's size I've ever been on....it just cuts through the waves and wind chop like a hot knife through butter. :idea:
And Barry's 34' Shockwave just hauls ass and rides so smooth, probably the fastest I've ever been in a boat...I'm not sure, because Rick (nodigg) never says how fast we go, but today I think we were going 80 or 90 and getting air and still excellerating....wow, what a ride.
Thanks, Barry and Tom, that was fun, and no matter where Barry is working, I gotta be thinking Shockwave, such a solid and smooth riding boat!
:rollside: :rollside:

DAB
05-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Mike, sounds like you had a good time on the big blue today... I've had mine for 4 yrs now still can't get over the ride....sounds like Bob's taking a Baja in on trade..... :cool: :cool: Good for you bad for me...
Just spent the day riding around in Tom's (Dilligaf) new Shockwave 29' and Barry's 34' Shockwave in the big blue sea.....wow....nice boats. I'm sure Tom will post some pics.
Living in Dana Point, I'm in ocean boats all the time, and Tom's 29' is the smoothest and nicest boat for it's size I've ever been on....it just cuts through the waves and wind chop like a hot knife through butter. :idea:
And Barry's 34' Shockwave just hauls ass and rides so smooth, probably the fastest I've ever been in a boat...I'm not sure, because Rick (nodigg) never says how fast we go, but today I think we were going 80 or 90 and getting air and still excellerating....wow, what a ride.
Thanks, Barry and Tom, that was fun, and no matter where Barry is working, I gotta be thinking Shockwave, such a solid and smooth riding boat!

DILLIGAF
05-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks and your welcome Mike. Mike is a great boat biatch by the way :) The boat ran great and I had no problems. Took some pics but did not get any running shots...something about Barry was going too fast...lol
Barry...Even though you will not be at Shockwave anymore I appreciated you taking the time and making sure we were good to go. I also wanted to thank you for letting us clean up in front of your house. He was still concerned that everything was right with my Shockwave. Sad to see you go but totally understand sometimes it is for the best. Class act! We will definitly do some runs to Catalina. Remember, you aren't supposed to leave others behind....lol
I loved getting air a few times and we ended up having lunch in Alamitos Bay as Long Beach was full as far as parking goes. Saw sea lions sunning out by the oil platforms. I look like a friggin' raccoon but it was well worth it. I am going to like running out in the big blue from time to time.
Ran into Gary (Force 26) as we were coming in for lunch. Good to see you again Gary. I will post a few pics tomorrow on my other computer.

FRENCHIE
05-20-2006, 08:25 PM
already talked to John west the man today!! guess it is true, he will be workin here in the near future on a 32!!! hmmmmm Barry and Ultra....what a combo!!!

FRENCHIE
05-20-2006, 08:26 PM
already talked to John west the man today!! guess it is true, he will be workin here in the near future on a 32!!! hmmmmm Barry and Ultra....what a combo!!!
:cool: :idea:

BajaMike
05-20-2006, 08:33 PM
:cool: :idea:
Double post? :confused:
Frenchie, you trying to boost your post count again..... :idea:
:D:D:D

shockwavebd
05-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Thanks tom really wanted to make sure everything went smooth with your new boat, it's beautiful by the way . I had a great time boating with your crew and you. No problem on the clean up your are always welcome...........Just watch out for the rattle snakes.......LOL.
Mike it was good to meet you and thanks for helping me with my boat today. It was a great day with nice flat water..........And by the way mike I check the GPS and we where only running 88 mph.................

shockwavebd
05-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Thank you leon for the kind words......I got your voice mail and will call you today........ :boxed:

BajaMike
05-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Thanks tom really wanted to make sure everything went smooth with your new boat, it's beautiful by the way . I had a great time boating with your crew and you. No problem on the clean up your are always welcome...........Just watch out for the rattle snakes.......LOL.
Mike it was good to meet you and thanks for helping me with my boat today. It was a great day with nice flat water..........And by the way mike I check the GPS and we where only running 88 mph.................
Thanks for the ride Barry...that was fun...:D

DRMCAT
05-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Our 25ft Tremor is for sale!!!!!!!!!
You're killing me "SMALLS!"
http://www.kc-store-fixtures.com/images/sale-signs.jpg

Magic34
05-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Damnit!!! I thought we discussed a 42!!!

DILLIGAF
05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
I was telling somebody today about all your rattlesnakes :)

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 07:33 AM
good luck on the new deal Barry :cool:

robsformula
05-22-2006, 07:53 AM
BajaMike, I have a 303 Formula that is up for sale. Low hours and runs great with trailer and lots of room underneath. Turn key condition. Its been a great boat but I am in the process of purchasing a 353 Formula.

HMF'er
05-22-2006, 09:53 AM
BajaMike, I have a 303 Formula that is up for sale. Low hours and runs great with trailer and lots of room underneath. Turn key condition. Its been a great boat but I am in the process of purchasing a 353 Formula.
You said "Turn Key".

rivercrazy
05-22-2006, 10:11 AM
My personal preference is Shockwave so that's my boat. But good luck with your decision and make it a fun process.
Barry at Ultra? Shocking change.... Mr. B - Best of luck at Ultra

robsformula
05-22-2006, 12:11 PM
HMF'er, In other words its in excellant condition......motor's are sound along with drives and transmission everything is sound. It will be a great boat for someone.