PDA

View Full Version : The Audio Shoppe???? Any Good???

UDRULIN
05-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Was Wondering What You Thought About The Audio Shoppe. I Spent 6000.00 There A Few Weeks Ago And Am Highly Not Happy With Them. They Did A Clean Install But I Feel I Got Ripped Off For The Amount Of Money I Spent There! All Arc Audio Stuff, Sounds Clear But My Friend With His 28 Magic Jl System Straight From The Builder That He Only Paid 3000.00 For Sounds Alot Better! And A Whole Lot Louder!!!!!

DILLIGAF
05-19-2006, 11:20 PM
They did a job for me years ago. Both amps feel down and they had no fuses installed. If I remember correctly they had it wired straight to the battery. The wire also came loose and was live and dangling in my engine compartment. Could have been disasterous. I would never go back there for anything.
You asked so I answered.

riverbound
05-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Was Wondering What You Thought About The Audio Shoppe. I Spent 6000.00 There A Few Weeks Ago And Am Highly Not Happy With Them. They Did A Clean Install But I Feel I Got Ripped Off For The Amount Of Money I Spent There! All Arc Audio Stuff, Sounds Clear But My Friend With His 28 Magic Jl System Straight From The Builder That He Only Paid 3000.00 For Sounds Alot Better! And A Whole Lot Louder!!!!!
Alan is a great installer, but in the last couple of years he has stepped back from doing installs and has hired some other people to do installs for him. the shop still turns out some good stuff but is inconsistent. which could be disasterous for a shops reputation.

jbtrailerjim
05-21-2006, 03:23 PM
If you are not happy with your system call Alan and tell him. Alan is my brother in law. He's a very fair guy and I'm sure he will take care of you. He's been in the audio business for a long time. He is definitely not the cheapest shop around and does not claim to be. But I know he stands behind all of his work.
If you want, pm or tell me your name and I will call Alan and see if I can help you out.
BTW..I'm running all ARC Audio in my boat and I couldn't be happier with the way it sounds. It's not the loudest on the water but it's one of the cleanest sounding systems I have ever heard.

jbtrailerjim
05-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Alan is a great installer, but in the last couple of years he has stepped back from doing installs and has hired some other people to do installs for him. the shop still turns out some good stuff but is inconsistent. which could be disasterous for a shops reputation.
Last couple years? Alan has had at least 2 or 3 employee's doing the installs for several years now. He does oversee his guy's work and assists when needed. He has a pretty good crew in there right now. I know he is happy with the work their putting out.
He struggles like any small business owner does with employee's nowadays. Good help is hard to find and when you find them you have to pay them a nice wage to keep them around.

SS@155
05-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Thought I would chime in, as I will be handling any questions/concerns in these forums regarding our work, as well as potential clients.
UDRULIN, can you shoot us an email with specific issues that you have. A single sided post does little to help resolve any issues, as the variables entailed in a sytem, and individual opinions of what a system should be are too broad.
It is true Alan does not do installation himself, he will tell you it has been many years since he has done it himself, but that is the role of the installers that we retain. Everything done here is under very close scrutiny by Alan, and even myself at times.
Anyone reading this topic, don't be shy about emailing us as well, as that is part of what we do. Customer service and the technical aspects of this business, be it setting your clock on a H/U, or explaining multi-gap transducers is what we love to do, and frankly is a contributing factor as to how we've stayed in business 22 years and why we were named in the TOP 50 retailers nationally of 2005. Thanks for your time guys.
Matthew Bolstad
Management/Tech.
Audio Shoppe

UDRULIN
05-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Sent you an email explaining my concerns.

CARRERA
06-19-2006, 01:44 AM
I had them install my system in my boat three years ago and I'm very happy with the installation and how it sounds. Also have not had any problems at all.