PDA

View Full Version : Used AO being sold as a dealer demo.

Jesster
05-20-2006, 07:50 AM
I was browsing boats on Ebay and came across this Ebay AO ad (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4640834404&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1) He is advertising it as a dealer demo. I thought that was a little strange because Cliff Waters is the only Authorized west coast distributor for American Offshore so I called Cliff. It turns out that the guy called Cliff to sell it to him. The engine as you can see is a HP 500 EFI which isn't available in 06', and itÂ’s not a Merc, itÂ’s a Chevy crate motor with Mercury injection system. The drive is an XZ which again isn't made in 06', it's used, off of a 36' Spectre, and it has the 1.33 gears not the 1.5's these boats come with. From what I was told the guy who originally purchased the boat couldn't get it to run correctly (sometimes it just wouldn't start) so he sold it to the guy advertising it on ebay as a dealer demo. From what I understand Art (the owner) isnÂ’t happy about this, as its being advertised as a dealer demo (he's not a dealer) is used and will come with no factory warranty. :argue:
And just so you know, I am being a little selfish here because its things like this that look bad for a company and I don't want it to drive the value of my AO down.
:crossx:

phebus
05-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Cliff should contact ebay, and see if they would remove the listing.

Jesster
05-20-2006, 08:02 AM
He contacted them via email, I hope the pull it. I don't know what the criteria is for Ebay to pull a listing but it seems like misrepresenting something like this would be a good reason.

Jrocket
05-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Im not it the market to buy an AO,but i think you did the right thing by putting up this post.Maybe somebody on here might be looking for one.
Now that I look at it more,Im pretty sure that guy lives close to me.I think I saw that boat in his driveway last night.

lalhc
05-20-2006, 08:22 AM
His advertisement even reads the same as Cliff's AO's being offered in HB's classified section.

WUTWZAT
05-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey Rocket, I think that might be one of the barges that can be seen from the 15 freeway southbound about 2nd street. Always has some ratty lookin limos and other junk.
Rio
I don't know if its still there, but that picture was taken in Norco off the 15fwy. Whats funny is that it has Texas Registration on it, the pic was taken in California but the phone # is from Arizona. And the ad reads call American Offshore and a 928 area code on it.

Jrocket
05-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Hey Rocket, I think that might be one of the barges that can be seen from the 15 freeway southbound about 2nd street. Always has some ratty lookin limos and other junk.
Rio
I do beleive your right there,but the other night I thought I saw it in a guys driveway up in my neck of Riverside.

Jesster
05-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Its right next to Double D rentals on Hamner and 2nd. I heard he was doing demo's on Elsinore last weekend.

Perfect Mixer
05-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Its right next to Double D rentals on Hamner and 2nd. I heard he was doing demo's on Elsinore last weekend.
I'd like to rent some double D's please. Oh wait.....Nevermind she's in the other room. No need to rent when you can buy them huh?

HM
05-22-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't know if its still there, but that picture was taken in Norco off the 15fwy. Whats funny is that it has Texas Registration on it, the pic was taken in California but the phone # is from Arizona. And the ad reads call American Offshore and a 928 area code on it.
He is the Chicago kid, out of New York, who is from Las Vegas, who was born and raised in Atlanta, lives in Seattle, from the mean streets of Compton.

Jesster
05-22-2006, 08:07 PM
I'd like to rent some double D's please. Oh wait.....Nevermind she's in the other room. No need to rent when you can buy them huh?
Bought and paid for, unlike my boat, plus I get to enjoy them a lot more frequently. :rollside:

SoCalSouthpaw
05-23-2006, 08:08 AM
AO has a bad enough rep over the ownership issues a few years back. I have an AO NSX26 and couldnt be happier with it. So, hopefully they pull this ad.

NOTALENT
05-23-2006, 08:12 AM
That sucks...I just saw that on OSO...thought it was going kinda cheap....
Nice avatar jesster...its ass like that that gets me through the day.. :rollside:

Jesster
05-23-2006, 08:49 AM
AO has a bad enough rep over the ownership issues a few years back. I have an AO NSX26 and couldnt be happier with it. So, hopefully they pull this ad.
They didn't pull it. The auction ended last night at 45301.00 reserve not met. The complaint was lodged Sat and confiramation of the complaint wasnt recieved until today.

offshore
05-27-2006, 12:03 AM
I, Art, have been a California dealer for Ed at American Offshore since 1998. We all know that there is no HP 500 made in 2006. I am advertising the boat as a 2006 model demo boat. The motor you are referring to as a Chevy crate motor is a Mercrusier HP500. The boat has been used as a demo boat. That is why it is priced at $69,800 which is a great price. The gearing in the drive is 1.36 which is an option from Mercruiser when you purchase the drive. You are claiming that the boat does not run and won't start. This boat is turn-key and it runs perfect. If anyone is interested in a demo run please feel free to contact Art on my cell at 928-412-7019 or at the Norco, CA shop at 951-739-4151. Or you can email me at americanoffshorepowerboat@yahoo.com to make an appointment. [To confirm the dealership in Norco, CA call the main office of American Offshore in Dickenson, Texas.] My dealership in California is authorized to advertise freely in any publication including magazines, internet, etc. The City of Norco has strict regulations for businesses especially facing the freeway and would never allow any "junk" as you are referring to, to be stored on my premises. At my shop I do all types of service work. You are claiming that the boat is registered in Texas, that is false. The boat is not registered in any state. The numbers on the boat are actually dealer numbers from Texas, not a registration, as you can see, there are no registration expiration tags. The ratty limos that you are talking about is a triple axel 2005 H2 Hummer stretch limo and a 2007 Cadillac Escalade strecth limo. I also have my 1960 Cadillac Coupe de Ville at my shop. I'm very offended that you refer to my pride and joy as junk, but that's just your opinion. You mention that the boat went on a demo run to Lake Elsinore, the boat never went to Elsinore, we actually had a couple who wanted to test the boat in rough water so we went down to Long Beach. By the way guys, the boat runs through 3 to 4 feet of chop and it handles like a champ. ANYONE THAT WANTS TO DEMO AN AMERICAN OFFSHORE, call me on my cell at 928-412-7019 or at my shop at 951-739-4151.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me at americanoffshorepowerboat@yahoo.com
ART SEBASTIAN
AMERICAN OFFSHORE POWER BOATS
1535 Hamner Ave
Norco, CA 92860
951-739-4151

ROZ
05-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Well, there ya have it! :D

roostwear
05-27-2006, 06:31 AM
"***boat Forums- When you absolutely, positively, HAVE to have inaccurate information"

frdvschvy
05-27-2006, 06:47 AM
I, Art, have been a California dealer for Ed at American Offshore since 1998. We all know that there is no HP 500 made in 2006. I am advertising the boat as a 2006 model demo boat. The motor you are referring to as a Chevy crate motor is a Mercrusier HP500. The boat has been used as a demo boat. That is why it is priced at $69,800 which is a great price. The gearing in the drive is 1.36 which is an option from Mercruiser when you purchase the drive. You are claiming that the boat does not run and won't start. This boat is turn-key and it runs perfect. If anyone is interested in a demo run please feel free to contact Art on my cell at 928-412-7019 or at the Norco, CA shop at 951-739-4151. Or you can email me at americanoffshorepowerboat@yahoo.com to make an appointment. [To confirm the dealership in Norco, CA call the main office of American Offshore in Dickenson, Texas.] My dealership in California is authorized to advertise freely in any publication including magazines, internet, etc. The City of Norco has strict regulations for businesses especially facing the freeway and would never allow any "junk" as you are referring to, to be stored on my premises. At my shop I do all types of service work. You are claiming that the boat is registered in Texas, that is false. The boat is not registered in any state. The numbers on the boat are actually dealer numbers from Texas, not a registration, as you can see, there are no registration expiration tags. The ratty limos that you are talking about is a triple axel 2005 H2 Hummer stretch limo and a 2007 Cadillac Escalade strecth limo. I also have my 1960 Cadillac Coupe de Ville at my shop. I'm very offended that you refer to my pride and joy as junk, but that's just your opinion. You mention that the boat went on a demo run to Lake Elsinore, the boat never went to Elsinore, we actually had a couple who wanted to test the boat in rough water so we went down to Long Beach. By the way guys, the boat runs through 3 to 4 feet of chop and it handles like a champ. ANYONE THAT WANTS TO DEMO AN AMERICAN OFFSHORE, call me on my cell at 928-412-7019 or at my shop at 951-739-4151.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me at americanoffshorepowerboat@yahoo.com
ART SEBASTIAN
1535 Hamner Ave
Norco, CA 92860
951-739-4151
Hello Art, and welcome to the boards. I noticed you also have a 26' American Offshore (not deck) sitting out in front of your shop along the freeway. Is this boat also for sale? Could you please provide me with some details about the boat? Thanks!
Mike

acatitude
05-27-2006, 08:09 AM
what a bunch of crooks
ad doesnt seem to be on ebay now

Jesster
05-27-2006, 08:54 AM
ART SEBASTIAN
1535 Hamner Ave
Norco, CA 92860
951-739-4151
Anyone interested can take the posting at face value, but as I understand it from someone that is actually LISTED as a dealer on AO's website this guy was but is no longer a distributor for them. My understanding is this guy was a dealer for AO but never sold the boat he had gotten from Ed so they took it back and it was sold in Phoenix. From that point Cliff Waters was the West Coast distributor for American Offshore not this guy. I could be wrong but that would mean a couple people are lying to me. :argue: I think, but am not sure that the 1st OWNER of the boat was in Luisiana. But call ED or Art (the owner) of AO and get the info if this boat interests you. I never said the boat wouldnt start I said it wouldnt start sometimes. :) which in some peoples opionion could be "turnkey" :rollside: Ebay did remove the ad, they were given contact info for Ed and Art (the owner of AO) so I assume they contacted them to verify the info given. Granted it was after the auction closed, but they removed it none the less, so there must be something to this whole thing.
Nuff said..... or maybe not.

AZJD
05-27-2006, 09:08 AM
HERE WE GO AGAIN!

SurfOnH20
05-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Like they say, there are always two sides to every story. I saw the ad on Ebay and it was a nice looking deck boat...

acatitude
05-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Like they say, there are always two sides to every story. I saw the ad on Ebay and it was a nice looking deck boat...
AO makes a deck boat???