PDA

View Full Version : Launch at Windsor

Thorsinc
05-20-2006, 07:41 PM
So I finally registered cuz I have a question that needs to put my mind at ez. I have been going to Havasu for years and had always launched the boat at Marina. Despite the employees, with no personality and all the drama with the noise level. I still paid smiled and launched just because I knew the ramp. Well the time has come for me to find a new spot to launch the 34Â’ Do you think IÂ’ll have any issues with the turning radius, using a Ford 350 king cab long bed truck with the 34Â’ on in it at Windsor? I have never put a boat in at that ramp, but I did drive by it and it look like a tight turn at the ramp.

Havasu Hangin'
05-20-2006, 07:46 PM
I've lanched my 35' Cig and KROOZIN's 36' Skater at Windsor- no worries. Just stay in the middle lanes for depth.

Thorsinc
05-20-2006, 07:57 PM
thanks 3 weeks and I'm back on the water

H20 Toie
05-20-2006, 08:06 PM
I have a f350 crew cab long bed with a 35' cig and have launched at windsor plenty, when the water is low only use the north side. i dropped the trailer off the ramp on the south side (far left when facing the water) and hit some rocks when in the middle but that was at the end of the season when water was low.
And shame on you for using the marina :yuk:

Lavey29
05-20-2006, 08:45 PM
So I finally registered cuz I have a question that needs to put my mind at ez. I have been going to Havasu for years and had always launched the boat at Marina. Despite the employees, with no personality and all the drama with the noise level. I still paid smiled and launched just because I knew the ramp. Well the time has come for me to find a new spot to launch the 34Â’ Do you think IÂ’ll have any issues with the turning radius, using a Ford 350 king cab long bed truck with the 34Â’ on in it at Windsor? I have never put a boat in at that ramp, but I did drive by it and it look like a tight turn at the ramp.
You should be fine launching at Windsor. I have an F250 and a 30' boat. If you launch on the south side watch that point that is west of the ramp area. There is a shallow rocky spot that comes out fairly far from shore. Did $2500 damage there a few weeks ago to my prop and lower unit. Stay in the middle area after you launch especially while you wait for the person to park the trailer....

Thorsinc
05-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Yea I figured that I would take a beating for admitting the error of my ways by using the marina – Is the shallow rocky are marked on the south side? Sounds like I should stay to the North.

Lavey29
05-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Yea I figured that I would take a beating for admitting the error of my ways by using the marina – Is the shallow rocky are marked on the south side? Sounds like I should stay to the North.
It is not marked and I was not paying close attention at the time, putting some things away on the boat,,my own fault. The north side is fine but if it is busy on the lake then the water on that side is a lot choppier. The south side is protected from the chop and current so for me it is easier to dock and trailer.