PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for a gear drive to set up a

Blown 472
05-20-2006, 08:14 PM
harmonic at a certain rpm that would cause a miss?

GofastRacer
05-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Wow what kind of gear drive?????, never had or heard of that problem before??????..

Moneypitt
05-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I know that gear drives are not recomended for use on a "knock Sensor" equipted vehicle. They will fool the knock sensor into thinking you're detonating and retard the ignition timing.............other than that, No, not that I've ever heard of.........MP

Blown 472
05-21-2006, 06:10 AM
My buddy has a small block mopar that at 6400 rpm has a miss, as soon as you shift it will pull thru to 7k. He has replaced the valve springs, the dist, wires, plugs, ignition box, checked the wiring in the car, unhooked the alt and still has this issue. The gear drive is a milodon.

Moneypitt
05-21-2006, 10:18 AM
My buddy has a small block mopar that at 6400 rpm has a miss, as soon as you shift it will pull thru to 7k. He has replaced the valve springs, the dist, wires, plugs, ignition box, checked the wiring in the car, unhooked the alt and still has this issue. The gear drive is a milodon.
Does it have a shift light tied into the tach? A rev limiter? Try disconecting the tach, as it seems everything else has been changed. Also, the way a SB dist is driven, you might consider the oil pump setting up some sort of wierd situation before the by pass opens.........MP

Blown 472
05-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Does it have a shift light tied into the tach? A rev limiter? Try disconecting the tach, as it seems everything else has been changed. Also, the way a SB dist is driven, you might consider the oil pump setting up some sort of wierd situation before the by pass opens.........MP
I will pass that along, thanks :boxed: