PDA

View Full Version : What is a turnkey Boat?

ThongMagnet
05-20-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm a little confused as to what is a true Turnkey Boat? I am not picking sides, but I view a boat and trailer that make it to the lake, on the lake, and back home...a TurnKey boat.
What is not a Turnkey boat is:
1) Boat/trailer found on the side of the road going to the lake,
2) Engine cover off at the launch with jumper cables out,
3) Boat getting towed back to shore,
4) Boat/Trailer on the side of the road.
Sure there was a debate, but the boat started, the boat ran...TurnKey. It seems the guy who "Manned Up" like anybody else was looking for a deal. Where do you find a $2000 Jetboat that runs?
A few members of this board have turned a funny thread into some kind of foundation of haters. Yes... a "Team TurnKey sticker on your truck indicates ***boat "Haters".
Yeah, Jordy... you know you started something bad, and yes I believe you have now pushed too far. Man Up, and tell the world you don't want to be a hater. And KarlSummit, You need to be removed from the boards.
A few members of this board have turned a funny thread into some kind of foundation of haters. Yes... a "Team TurnKey sticker on your truck indicates ***boat "Haters".
Remove Your Team TurnKey Sticker Today

AZJD
05-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Remove Your Team TurnKey Sticker Today
I will be at Pleasant Sunday, come take it off for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordy
05-20-2006, 10:52 PM
A few members of this board have turned a funny thread into some kind of foundation of haters.
So did you miss the part where Spammit decided to launch a personal attack on me and post total bullshit misleading information???
How does that make me a hater??? Seems to me that makes me a laugher. I think we're all laughers as the premise of his dumbass libelous attack was total bullshit and it ended up with a Team Turnkey wildfire.
Apparently you missed the part where with what he posted up, which was intentionally misleading, I could sue him for libel, but I choose not to as I'd rather watch him sink on his own.
No haters here. We're, at least I am, LAUGHING my ass off....

ThongMagnet
05-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Jordy,
I have been following this for a while...since day one. Yes I know the full story.
KarlSummit brought it to a personal level. He can not be trusted. Jordy,you are to personally involved with "Team TurnKey", bring it up one step...one notch higher. I'm sure its not a money thing here...at least for you. Don't get drawn it to something so negative.
Your a Jordy....not a Karlsummit

ThongMagnet
05-20-2006, 11:41 PM
I will be at Pleasant Sunday, come take it off for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although I think I'd do a good Job, and I'd wash the window before I took a picture, you don't sound too happy about the idea. Anyway, I will be on vacation for a week, so won't be at the lake until June 4th weekend. I'll bring a razor and some windex. :rollside:

One Eyed Jack
05-21-2006, 12:46 AM
i despise the voice of reason

Knucklehead
05-21-2006, 04:47 AM
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13863&stc=1 http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13864&stc=1
Just add some gas and go boatin!!! :crossx:

Jordy
05-21-2006, 05:47 AM
I'd like to see the X living being that started scraping anything off of my truck!
Jordy, guess I'll be needing 4 decals. 1 for each vehicle and 1 for the boat. Where do I send the $?
Rio
Check your pm's. ;)

AZJD
05-21-2006, 05:54 AM
I'd like to see the X living being that started scraping anything off of my truck!
Jordy, guess I'll be needing 4 decals. 1 for each vehicle and 1 for the boat. Where do I send the $?
Rio
LMAO...........Wear you stickers proudly Rio :D :D

AZJD
05-21-2006, 05:56 AM
Although I think I'd do a good Job, and I'd wash the window before I took a picture, you don't sound too happy about the idea. Anyway, I will be on vacation for a week, so won't be at the lake until June 4th weekend. I'll bring a razor and some windex. :rollside:
As for the sticker removal service, be sure to clean the front windshield and check my tire preassure while your at it for me too, and don't let me see you do it....I would hate to mistake for a car thief! :idea: :idea: :idea:

BadKachina
05-21-2006, 07:09 AM
As for the sticker removal service, be sure to clean the front windshield and check my tire preassure while your at it for me too, and don't let me see you do it....I would hate to mistake for a car thief! :idea: :idea: :idea:
I'll see you kids out there today. We'll be rollin' about five boats deep so get the stickers ready for armada......... :)

Kachina26
05-21-2006, 07:11 AM
Turnkey to me means you don't need to do anything to the said vehicle to take it out and enjoy. It doesn't mean that it will at the very least make it out and back. It means no work will be immediately necessary. To me anyway. As far as SK and Jordy's little deal, well, that's kinda like the middle east. It's been going on for some time and ain't gonna wrap up any time soon. Kinda sad to see SK took the route he did, I know him a little and have done business with him. He certainly does good work. As far as Jordy goes, I've met him and he's a real sweetie in person http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay.gif

AZJD
05-21-2006, 07:18 AM
I'll see you kids out there today. We'll be rollin' about five boats deep so get the stickers ready for armada......... :)
We will see ya then, got the stickers all ready to go!

Jordy
05-21-2006, 07:48 AM
As far as Jordy goes, I've met him and he's a real sweetie in person http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay.gif
Dammit, that's how rumors get started. I am NOT a nice guy in person. I'm even more of an asshole than I come off on the internet. :D :D :D
Oh Thong Magnet, when this sticker removal deal is going on, could you bring some wax, armor-all, and windex. My truck could use a good detail. ;)

centurion tunnel
05-21-2006, 09:09 AM
It would be funny as hell to watch the look in his eye's when he wakes up to his own ride with about a dozon stickers on it.........I just think I would waist a Team turnkey one on his.

centurion tunnel
05-21-2006, 09:12 AM
I've met him and he's a real sweetie in person http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay.gif Bla bla bla........ Don't try and make Jordy to be what he's not.... The guy is an ass straight up...... :rollside:

AZJD
05-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Bump

ROZ
05-23-2006, 12:10 AM
:yuk:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Oh Thong Magnet, when this sticker removal deal is going on, could you bring some wax, armor-all, and windex. My truck could use a good detail. ;)
looks like good, helpful advice there Jordy. :D
Keep up the good people-helpin' work. :cool:

ROZ
05-23-2006, 09:43 AM
TurnKey is in the eye of the beholder :D

NorCal Gameshow
05-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Hd&boatrider,ShockwaveTom & DILLIGAF,Bought a "turnkey" southwind.

HM
05-23-2006, 09:55 AM
A turnkey boat is a boat expected to last atleast a couple seasons without any major maintenance.

Jordy
05-23-2006, 09:57 AM
So 3 people went in on a boat???? That should be interesting. :D :D :D

460 jus getn it
05-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Funny, no matter how much people say they think TT is full of shit they just cant help talking about it. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, interesting.

NorCal Gameshow
05-23-2006, 10:08 AM
That thread was a couple years ago, I hoped it would end the term "turnkey"
Those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it ;) :D
Also,i'm pretty sure he GAF back then. :)

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Turnkey to me means you don't need to do anything to the said vehicle to take it out and enjoy. It doesn't mean that it will at the very least make it out and back. It means no work will be immediately necessary. To me anyway. As far as SK and Jordy's little deal, well, that's kinda like the middle east. It's been going on for some time and ain't gonna wrap up any time soon. Kinda sad to see SK took the route he did, I know him a little and have done business with him. He certainly does good work. As far as Jordy goes, I've met him and he's a real sweetie in person http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/gay.gif
Not totally true. I sell Turnkey Karts that still need oil, water and fuel added. :p :p :)

DILLIGAF
05-23-2006, 10:20 AM
LOL...It is now TurnKey :) Of course my brother bought it TurnKey from me :)

DILLIGAF
05-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Those other two guys were assholes. They blamed me for the boat purchase. We have all moved on though