PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the Angels.

Beer Factor
05-21-2006, 12:17 PM
They have been terrible lately.

Beer Factor
05-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Near the bottom in MLB in nearly every offensive category. Letting Glaus go last season was a huge mistake. The Angels are a very old offensive team. Tim Salmon, Garrett Anderson, Darrin Erstad are all at the end of their careers. Even Vlad, the baby of the group, is 30 years old with 10 seasons of ML experience.
They're getting crushed again by the Dodgers 5-0 in the first. That's 29 -7 in runs so far in 2 plus games.

Playbuoy
05-21-2006, 12:55 PM
they needed to pick up some offense in the offseason, but refused to. they continue to rely on their farm system. I say, use the lower eschelon MLB teams as your farm system, and pick up the good players when you can. We should have picked up Manny. Pisses me off.
They'll get their sheit together tho and make a run for the pennant.

jojoteez
05-21-2006, 12:59 PM
I don't know what is going on with the Angels. My man is having a fit!

bignet
05-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Near the bottom in MLB in nearly every offensive category. Letting Glaus go last season was a huge mistake. The Angels are a very old offensive team. Tim Salmon, Garrett Anderson, Darrin Erstad are all at the end of their careers. Even Vlad, the baby of the group, is 30 years old with 10 seasons of ML experience.
They missed big opportunities to replace those veterans, but passed on some great players..e.g Eric Chavez, Manny Ramirez, and Paul Konerko, to name a few....Just got back from the game last night at Dodger Stadium. Damn is that place ghetto!
bignet...akaBigAngelFan

Sandbar Junkies
05-21-2006, 01:08 PM
They Suck...................

bignet
05-21-2006, 01:24 PM
They Suck...................
Ya..you're right. I guess we can't win the AL West ALL the time.

bignet
05-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks Shockwave...and to back up your last reply, not many people other than Angel Fans, could name anyone other than Garret Anderson on that World Series team. Which is why relying on your farm system works.
bignet

HavasuSelect
05-21-2006, 01:51 PM
You can only do that for so long, ask the Yankees. Eventually, the small market teams pick you clean of all your farm system talent. Most talent in MLB does not exchange via free agency, it's moves via trade. The Yankees literally have nothing left in their farm system to trade and almost nothing to show for 7 years of pillaging.
This is one of the reasons that Cincinnati, Milwaukee and Detroit are having breakout seasons and why Tampa Bay will within two years.
Thats whats happening with the Dodgers right now. They have one of the deepest farm systems in all of baseball and its starting to show. This is going to be an exciting team to watch in the next couple of years.

HavasuSelect
05-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Dodgers don't have a ton of pitching in their farms right now (or at the ML level), but they have so much young talent that they can make some mid season trades for pitching. They really need Gagne back. He threw some BP yesterday.
I read that Gagne actually faced batters. He said he felt 100% after the session but it's hard to tell if he's lying or not. He said he was 100% last time and look what happened. You're absolutley right about the trades.

Havasu1986
05-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Its either bull pen or batting practice. Big difference

76elimspecial
05-21-2006, 04:29 PM
The Problem Right Now Is Injuries. Thats Why They Are Using The Guys From The Minor Clubs. Beginning Of The Season Was Goin Well. 3 Or 4 Healthy Vets Cant Be Expected To Pick Up The Slack For The Rest Of The Team. Once The Team Is Healthy Itl Get Better. In 2002 The 2nd Half Record Is What Did It For Them.

Beer Factor
05-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Thats whats happening with the Dodgers right now. They have one of the deepest farm systems in all of baseball and its starting to show. This is going to be an exciting team to watch in the next couple of years.
Go Blue!

Playbuoy
05-21-2006, 05:40 PM
You can only do that for so long, ask the Yankees. Eventually, the small market teams pick you clean of all your farm system talent. Most talent in MLB does not exchange via free agency, it's moves via trade. The Yankees literally have nothing left in their farm system to trade and almost nothing to show for 7 years of pillaging.
This is one of the reasons that Cincinnati, Milwaukee and Detroit are having breakout seasons and why Tampa Bay will within two years.
I believe in using the farm system. I also believe in adding 1 or 2 big offensive players when it's clear you're lacking in that area. Angels are lacking big time in players who can CONTINUALLY produce offense. Their pitching staff isn't as good as '02 in my opinion because the relievers aren't as good. Donnelly gets roped. Our starting pitching and closing is very good. BUT, we need players to produce runs. Farm system is great, totally believe in it. But, my opinion is that Scoscia should have picked up a Go-To offensive player when the opportunity presented itself.

dmontzsta
05-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Bob, are you an angels fan?

sleekcraft137
05-21-2006, 07:21 PM
you can thank Stoweman and Moreno for all their DUMBASS descisions!

dmontzsta
05-21-2006, 07:46 PM
I am not, just a baseball fan in general. I'm a Padres and Tigers fan, although I find myself not as interested in the Padres as of late due to their complete lack of personality from season to season. It's been a long time since they fielded the same lineup from one season to the next.
dang, thought we might have the same team in common for something, guess not. Maybe one day you will see the light... :)

JetBoatRich
05-22-2006, 03:37 AM
You can't have batting practice without batters. :D :D
:cool: LOL :cool:

Charley
05-22-2006, 05:10 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
IMHO the youth aint gettin it done either! In fact the entire team is failing at almost all levels including the most important one no stats will ever reflect ...Teamwork and lockeroom/dugout moral.
sucks, but still wearing the colors

JetBoatRich
05-22-2006, 08:11 AM
If the team does not turn aroound soon :mad: wonder if Mike will be around much longer :rolleyes: