PDA

View Full Version : LAVEY 27' CAT

LAKEMAN
01-05-2002, 08:17 AM
Iam thinking of moving up from a 25'v hull to a cat.Lavey has there 27'sabre demo for sale.The one that was in hot boat.anybody heard anything good or bad about this boat.

hcb26
01-05-2002, 08:18 PM
Lakeman, I was in the channel at Havasu, begining of october and a lavey cat pulled up next to me, I hadnt heard to much about the boat,but after talking to the owner he loved it he had a whippled charged 500 in it and said the boat runs near 100mph. I was checking out the rigging and it was very clean I know lavey builds a good boat so I dont think you could go wrong. I think its a good looking cat. Good luck!!!

Laveyman
01-05-2002, 08:37 PM
Lakeman,
I have personally been in that boat when Jeff, the owner of Lavey, and his family had it out at Lake Mead for the weekend. It is an awesome boat! I just wish I could afford to buy it. Because the economy is kinda slow, they've had that boat there for several months, 5-6 at least. When I was looking at it they were willing to sell it fairly reasonable. By now, I imagine they are just about ready to give it away.
As hcb26 said, the Lavey quality and rigging is impeccable, as is their customer service. The cat hcb26 is talkling about is owned by my buddy Garry. He also posts here on ***boat. Hopefully he will see this and give you some more first hand info on the boat.

warlock25
01-06-2002, 07:49 AM
I once owned a 20.6 sebring from lavey. The company is great to deal with and they build a great boat. They do pay attention to all the details ( rigging and gel was fantastic) The boat I had was absolutly the worst riding boat I had ever been in. Boy did we take a pounding at Havasu during the summer( but you know how that goes in a small boat) Size does matter http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif, I've seen their cat, and would of bought it if I had the $$$,$$$.00 I had already purchase a Warlock cat prior to them coming out with their Sabre. I can tell you I would have jumped at the one your looking at if I didn't already have one.Good Luck, John

kanedog
01-06-2002, 12:24 PM
Lakeman:I called about that boat a while back andf the company seemed very helpful. What was the price they gave you on that cat?

LAKEMAN
01-06-2002, 12:48 PM
Kanedog,The price they gave me is 80k.The boat has about 50 hours on it.Not a bad price.I think might be dealing even on that price.I just don't know about the merc 575.I think a 500efi or to have a motor built by GT performance might be the way to go.It just takes more dollars.

JSP
01-07-2002, 06:56 PM
Jim did you forget someone?
[This message has been edited by JSP (edited January 07, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by JSP (edited January 07, 2002).]

JSP
01-07-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Laveyman:
Lakeman,
owned by my buddy Garry
Hmmm your buddy Garry?
Jody

MissHavasuCat
01-07-2002, 08:28 PM
They always forget us http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif Must be a "guy thing" Good to see you on the board! We'll have to get some trips planned at the same time this season... it's not too far away!!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Jody

kanedog
01-08-2002, 09:14 AM
Lakeman:The price in the summer for the boat thats always their ***boat ad was 92k.The price has dropped considerably.Excellent price now. Check the warranty situation with the 575.I haven't read anything bad or problems with that motor yet.Top speed is 92 mph if I remember right.

Charley
01-08-2002, 06:50 PM
just a thought but DCB has a couple mach 26's with hp 500's in the mid 70's..... add a tame whipple and yer in the 100 mph range...
http://www.dcbracing.com/usedboats.htm

Slick
01-09-2002, 07:40 AM
I've never been in a Lavey, nice looking boats though. You might want to talk to the Boatnams. They recently took delivery of a 27 or 28' Lavey v-hull. I'm sure they'd give you a more than fair accounting of their dealings with Lavey. I believe they are more than satisfied with their experience.

Havasu Secret
01-09-2002, 08:52 AM
Hey LakeMan,
Lavey builds an excellent boat. I think you should re-think your idea about the motor. Since this boat has never been sold or registered, the engine (HP575) and a Merc XR outdrive (a huge upgrade from a Brovo) would be sold as a "Non-Current" with a full warranity from Mercury. Think about it, an all inclusive warranty on a High Performance blown engine and outdrive from Mercury... what more could you want. All this coupled with an outstanding boat builder with a fantastic reputation... sounds like a winner to me.
Talk to Rick Hartman (VP of Marketing) at Lavey Craft. He is a good friend and a very honest guy to deal with. You can see him on Speedvision with the American Racing Wheels F1-11 Lavey Craft.

Blown Lavey
01-09-2002, 09:54 AM
Lake Man
I know of the boat you are thinking of buying. I own the same boat with HP500EFI Whippled. That is a great price considering the motor upgrade and all. I belive it also has upgraded gauges as well. E mail me and we can talk specifics if you like.

waterndog
01-09-2002, 01:26 PM
went for a ride in one last summer at the regatta, awsome riding boat. now if my wife would let me sell my boat, I'm all over the 27 sabre

Laveyman
01-11-2002, 01:02 AM
Ooops! Sorry Jody! I should have posted Garry and his HOT SWEETIE Jody!!! Its a guy thing like the other Jody MissHC said. And BTW, Hi to the other Jody too!

Blown Lavey
01-11-2002, 02:46 PM
Jim good to see your still alive. Want to get a early 100 mph run going in feb? So any wedding bells ringing yet? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Laveyman
01-11-2002, 06:43 PM
You know me, I'm usually in for a quick trip to the Polio Pond(Elsinore) almost any day of the week. As far as those bells, they'll ring later this year when my divorce is finalized. I've got a pretty cool idea of fun ceremony for us. I just gotta sell it to Joyce.
BTW,
Do you have anyone you can refer to me that does residential appraisals. I will need one in the next few weeks for the divorce appraisal of my home.