PDA

View Full Version : "Comp Jet Circle Boat Racing Unity"

Squirtin Thunder
01-02-2006, 02:37 PM
The Southern California Speedboat Club is offering a Comp Jet Class, but with few CJs, they have had to race against the v-drives. This is OK for bragging rights, but according to Ross Wallach (Commodore of SCSC), we Jet Boat Guys and Gals can have our own class if there are a minimum number of participants.
I am working on a Comp Jet Class for SCSC. My goal is to put the rules together that will accommodate most Jet Boat circle racing classes. This is the key to bringing the Comp Jet class back, unity. I want to instill on everyone that no matter what, the max speed rule of 80.9 will not be changed. This one rule is our major governing body to keep the little guy in the game. I am also inviting everyone to give there input. We do not have Official Rules at this time for Comp Jet. I would like to make a general group of rules across the country. This way if a guy in NC wants to run out at Lake Ming, CA, all he has to worry about is getting here on time.
Anyone that is interested, would like to get involved, or want more info in Jet Boat Circle racing, please let me know by email: jrpm@npgcable.com. We need a minimum of 5 boats to have a Comp Jet Class.
These are the proposed rules, as of now, that will be submitted for approval on January 20th, 2006 to SCSC for the 2006 Comp Jet Class;
Please review
Comp Jet Class
APBA & SCSC Proposed General Rules
1) Required: Minimum of 5 Boats.
2) Maximum length of 21'.
3) Entry Fee: $80/average pre day, rates may vary.
4) Plus APBA Membership fee (can apply for Single Event rather than full membership).
5) Plus SCSC membership fee-$20/year.
6) Certified Life Jacket & Helmet, Per APBA specified rules. Helmet and jacket must meet APBA rule, (ii) For participants in open and unrestrained cockpits, the upper fifty percent (50%) of the helmet must be neon, florescent, red, orange, yellow, or international orange, and meet current certification.
7) Boats to be in safety compliance, Per APBA specified rules.
8) No Jet-A-way required.
9) GPS - Contact Jim Best for GPS Spec...must have max speed sensor and recording.
10) Maximum speed 80.9 MPH.
11) Kill switch.
12) Neck collar.
13) Helmet restraints.
14) Any engine (ci), as many carbs as wanted, super chargers, blowers, turbos, anything including Turbine engines.
15) Turning Rudder (must be equipped with a rudder that extends at least 4 inches below the jet nozzle and has a minimum surface area of 16 inches).
16) Diverter stop (Rooster Tail not to exceed about 4’ off the water).
17) Through bolted loader (4 - 5/16" black oxide bolts).
18) The numbers must be at least 12 inches in height, in contrasting colors, and legible.
19) Have fun and be safe.
For Schedule & Race Information visit:
www.scscracing.com
SCSC Membership (http://www.scscracing.com/2005_scsc_membershipapp.pdf)
APBA entry form (http://www.scscracing.com/form_05_apba_entry.pdf)
2006 SCSC Race Schedule (http://www.scscracing.com/schedule.html)
Not updated with '06 schedule yet
APBA Rules (http://www.superstockracing.com/apba%20rules/00_super_stock_rules.htm)
Good Luck and I hope to see you out there.
Please contact
Jim Rich
jrpm@npgcable.com
928-704-1858
2005 Sprint Nationals - Long Beach, California
http://www.gnracing.org/gallery/05_0824/06.jpg

mexrunner
01-02-2006, 04:27 PM
was wondering why the need for the rudder? my understanding is they dont make a difference at speed.

MikeF
01-02-2006, 04:37 PM
was wondering why the need for the rudder? my understanding is they dont make a difference at speed.
For safety. If you lose power you can still steer the boat. :)

dmontzsta
01-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Just curious, how did they run against the V-Drives? and what class? nostalgia?

Squirtin Thunder
01-02-2006, 05:01 PM
LilRick took second overall Thanksgivin @ Parker in the Nastalgia Endurance Class

dmontzsta
01-02-2006, 05:04 PM
LilRick took second overall Thanksgivin @ Parker in the Nastalgia Endurance Class
Cool.
Nostalgia is the class with the 80mph max right? Is this the class you are trying to start for the jets?
Couldnt there be a class like SS for jets? Sort of unlimited speed, but more limited motor. That would be good to see the jets vs. v-drives in a class like that.
:)

superdave013
01-02-2006, 05:37 PM
back in the day the HurryRound Hondo jet won some K boat races.

Squirtin Thunder
01-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Don, there are a number of different classes, Nastalgia V and Nastalgia Endurance, these two classes are governed by the 80.9mph max gps speed. I was told the only way for this to happen is to have the max speed limit. And as stated in the original post it helps keep the little guy involved. Everyone wants to go faster, but till you actually do it in a racing situation with 4 other boats you really don't understand. Thanksgivin LilRick was out there with 11 other boats on a 1 mile course, that would be quite unnerving to say the least. Also we want to bring the sport of boat racing back, that takes more competitors, the Comp Jet class has been desided that it stays at 80.9 for the next season.
Now Don once you get your program done you might want to start out with a few Nastalgia V and Endurance races for shake down runs.
as dave has said there was K class jets

dmontzsta
01-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Don, there are a number of different classes, Nastalgia V and Nastalgia Endurance, these two classes are governed by the 80.9mph max gps speed. I was told the only way for this to happen is to have the max speed limit. And as stated in the original post it helps keep the little guy involved. Everyone wants to go faster, but till you actually do it in a racing situation with 4 other boats you really don't understand. Thanksgivin LilRick was out there with 11 other boats on a 1 mile course, that would be quite unnerving to say the least. Also we want to bring the sport of boat racing back, that takes more competitors, the Comp Jet class has been desided that it stays at 80.9 for the next season.
Now Don once you get your program done you might want to start out with a few Nastalgia V and Endurance races for shake down runs.
as dave has said there was K class jets
I am all for keeping the "little guy" sport alive. It seems all the boat racing you see are the big ocean barges, out in the middle of the sea.

Squirtin Thunder
01-02-2006, 05:54 PM
I am all for keeping the "little guy" sport alive. It seems all the boat racing you see are the big ocean barges, out in the middle of the sea.
Baby steps !!!

superdave013
01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Don, you must have good eyes. I can't see out to the middle of the sea myself. ;) But I can see some kick a$$ racing at Long Beach in the stadium.

dmontzsta
01-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Don, you must have good eyes. I can't see out to the middle of the sea myself. ;) But I can see some kick a$$ racing at Long Beach in the stadium.
:) I set the tivo to record "boat racing". It always grabs ships racing.

Squirtin Thunder
01-02-2006, 06:13 PM
:) I set the tivo to record "boat racing". It always grabs ships racing.
Yes 24' - 48' are ships in our small boat world. :cool:

dmontzsta
01-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes 24' - 48' are ships in our small boat world. :cool:
yes, always will be too. :)
The biggest I will go is a 21'. I still want a bad ass 21' Schiada or RC one day.

Squirtin Thunder
01-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Any views on this other than max speed ???
The Southern California Speedboat Club is offering a Comp Jet Class, but with few CJs, they have had to race against the v-drives. This is OK for bragging rights, but according to Ross Wallach (Commodore of SCSC), we Jet Boat Guys and Gals can have our own class if there are a minimum number of participants.
I am working on a Comp Jet Class for SCSC. My goal is to put the rules together that will accommodate most Jet Boat circle racing classes. This is the key to bringing the Comp Jet class back, unity. I want to instill on everyone that no matter what, the max speed rule of 80.9 will not be changed. This one rule is our major governing body to keep the little guy in the game. I am also inviting everyone to give there input. We do not have Official Rules at this time for Comp Jet. I would like to make a general group of rules across the country. This way if a guy in NC wants to run out at Lake Ming, CA, all he has to worry about is getting here on time.
Anyone that is interested, would like to get involved, or want more info in Jet Boat Circle racing, please let me know by email: jrpm@npgcable.com. We need a minimum of 5 boats to have a Comp Jet Class.
These are the proposed rules, as of now, that will be submitted for approval on January 20th, 2006 to SCSC for the 2006 Comp Jet Class;
Please review
Comp Jet Class
4) Plus APBA Membership fee (can apply for Single Event rather than full membership).
6) Certified Life Jacket & Helmet, Per APBA specified rules. Helmet and jacket must meet APBA rule, (ii) For participants in open and unrestrained cockpits, the upper fifty percent (50%) of the helmet must be neon, florescent, red, orange, yellow, or international orange, and meet current certification.
9) GPS - Contact Jim Best for GPS Spec...must have max speed sensor and recording.
11) Kill switch.
12) Neck collar.
13) Helmet restraints.
14) Any engine (ci), as many carbs as wanted, super chargers, blowers, turbos, anything including Turbine engines.
15) Turning Rudder (must be equipped with a rudder that extends at least 4 inches below the jet nozzle and has a minimum surface area of 16 inches).
18) The numbers must be at least 12 inches in height, in contrasting colors, and legible.
www.scscracing.com
APBA Rules (http://www.superstockracing.com/apba%20rules/00_super_stock_rules.htm)
Please contact
Jim Rich
jrpm@npgcable.com
928-704-1858

disco_charger
01-02-2006, 06:43 PM
For safety. If you lose power you can still steer the boat. :)
Never worked in any of my boats. :rolleyes:

Moneypitt
01-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Here is something to shoot for:
285.21 MPH
Class 00500 - JET Friday, June 30, 1967 Record Type KILO
Location GUNTERSVILLE, AL Driver LEE TAYLOR Owner LEE TAYLOR
Boat HUSTLER Hull Type HALLETT Engine WESTINGHOUSE

Squirtin Thunder
01-02-2006, 07:10 PM
APBA has tested it and they feel that it is 110% necessary. So it is adopted as a rule.
I have tested it also and I forgot how much better my boat holds the water in a turns with a rudder and the slight bit more control with no power.

MikeF
01-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Never worked in any of my boats. :rolleyes:
Some testing is definately in order then. :boxed: Might need more than 16" to keep it safe. There are no barriers at LB Stadium on the southwest side.

mj680
01-02-2006, 07:36 PM
APBA has tested it and they feel that it is 110% necessary. So it is adopted as a rule.
I have tested it also and I forgot how much better my boat holds the water in a turns with a rudder and the slight bit more control with no power.
Who in APBA told you That ? :argue:

Squirtin Thunder
01-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Who in APBA told you That ? :argue:
Ross and the SCSC board, no rudder no racing.
Is a Drag boat guy going to cross over ???
Now this has also been a rule in SCSC for two years as well as in the Parker 300.

mj680
01-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Is a Drag boat guy going to cross over ???
I ran Comp Jet circles 30 years ago and 4 inch rudders didn't work then and won,t work now.We were running 95 to 100 MPH back then,maybe that was the difference, :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
01-02-2006, 07:51 PM
I ran Comp Jet circles 30 years ago and 4 inch rudders didn't work then and won,t work now. :cool:
Are you going to come back :cool: So maybe we need deeper rudders, like 8" ??? Your help and insight is very important to the success of my venture. So please feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

disco_charger
01-02-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm not looking to race, and if I were, I'd bolt one up as I don't think it hurts or helps. I just think that the idea that one of those Berk rudders as a safety piece is laughable. :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
01-02-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm not looking to race, and if I were, I'd bolt one up as I don't think it hurts or helps. I just think that the idea that one of those Berk rudders as a safety piece is laughable. :cool:
I do take mine off for reg river use.

bp
01-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Are you going to come back :cool:
jim, don't take this the wrong way, but calling this class "comp jet" rubs a lot of people the wrong way. a true comp jet class didn't have a speed limit, the engine rules for that class are still somewhere, and guys pushed the rules as hard as they could. a lot of people shed a lot of blood sweat and tears in that class, and to call an 80.9 "run what you brung" deal a "comp jet" class tends to put down what they did, and what it was all about.
again, don't take it the wrong way, because you're trying to get -something- going. but, if you get a little bit of a negative response from some people, you should understand that you're using a class name that has a lot of history to it.

Squirtin Thunder
01-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Bob, I completely understand as well as they hope they understand Baby steps are the only way to bring it back. As far as the speed deal goes we would have to shorten the course to a messured 3/4 mile and go with a max average speed of 80mph. The problem with that is, SCSC is not really willing to change there course for us, with a new class. As you know I have took advise from quite a few people on this including yourself. I am trying to make this fly and be open to other competitors from other regions, say east coast, north west, southern states or where ever. This is what will help it grow and possibly increase the speed limit a bit.
Again Thank you
Jim

lilrick
01-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Bob, I completely understand as well as they hope they understand Baby steps are the only way to bring it back. As far as the speed deal goes we would have to shorten the course to a messured 3/4 mile and go with a max average speed of 80mph. The problem with that is, SCSC is not really willing to change there course for us, with a new class. As you know I have took advise from quite a few people on this including yourself. I am trying to make this fly and be open to other competitors from other regions, say east coast, north west, southern states or where ever. This is what will help it grow and possibly increase the speed limit a bit.
Again Thank you
Jim
well put, and if anyone is offended..... well I just don't think they will be..I've personally received help from three prominate old school comp jet racers and they were more than delighted to help me out !!!!

Squirtin Thunder
01-04-2006, 11:41 AM
well put, and if anyone is offended..... well I just don't think they will be..I've personally received help from three prominate old school comp jet racers and they were more than delighted to help me out !!!!
I am hoping for as much support from past and future racers as I can get with this. This not ment in anyway to offend anyone.

MAXIMUS
01-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Why would anybody be offended by trying to revive a lost sport! Call it what you want. I like comp jet! As for the 80 mph & all those that think it is lame! Don't knock it until you try it! I raced the jets in the nostalgia endurance deal & it was a blast & very challenging. A great way for newbies to get involved with out spending their life savings... As for all the peeps that are too cool to be limited by speed & would rather take shots at the program, I will say its your loss... :(

MAXIMUS
01-04-2006, 02:38 PM
On a side note I have to share this. My group of amigos that I hang with all have river racers. Since we have gotten involved with the GN program things have been changing slightly. I was told that over new years at parker they were all trying to run laps on the river instead of drag racing back and forth. This would be a cole tr2 with a 600 ci ford, a sanger runner with 468 & a roger bonneville with a 468. Apperantly going straigt is not fun anymore! lol Don't let the roundy round bug bite! :rollside: :)

bp
01-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Why would anybody be offended by trying to revive a lost sport! Call it what you want. I like comp jet! As for the 80 mph & all those that think it is lame! Don't knock it until you try it! I raced the jets in the nostalgia endurance deal & it was a blast & very challenging. A great way for newbies to get involved with out spending their life savings... As for all the peeps that are too cool to be limited by speed & would rather take shots at the program, I will say its your loss... :(
i didn't knock anything, didn't call anything lame, didn't take any shots. perhaps you should read the post before running off on a rant.
all i stated was that the true "comp jet" class had, and still has, established rules, was extremely competitive 30+ years ago, and this is different than the true "comp jet" class. no one's going to knock anything that is going on with this deal, i wouldn't mind running it myself if i had the time. all i'm saying is that there should be some sense of the history of the class, and what it was really about, which wasn't a speed limit.
kind of like limiting a k-boat to a weiand on a 350. isn't quite the same thing.

Squirtin Thunder
01-04-2006, 07:43 PM
There are talks going on that could actually do such a thing. I am and have talked to the AOF guys and there deal is 80mph max average on the 3/4 mile course.

Moneypitt
01-04-2006, 08:17 PM
How about SuperSPORT jet????????...........MP

mj680
01-05-2006, 06:38 AM
How about SuperSPORT jet????????...........MP
Or SLOW JET :cool:

MAXIMUS
01-05-2006, 07:31 AM
i didn't knock anything, didn't call anything lame, didn't take any shots. perhaps you should read the post before running off on a rant.
all i stated was that the true "comp jet" class had, and still has, established rules, was extremely competitive 30+ years ago, and this is different than the true "comp jet" class. no one's going to knock anything that is going on with this deal, i wouldn't mind running it myself if i had the time. all i'm saying is that there should be some sense of the history of the class, and what it was really about, which wasn't a speed limit.
kind of like limiting a k-boat to a weiand on a 350. isn't quite the same thing.
Yes I did read this entire thread. More importantly since the start of the revival there has been a lot of negative input from people who just sit on the side lines anyway. My point is what ever its called, it is a good thing & more than a lot of fun. You should try it. I like all these characters who think 80 is slow & boring. A real 80 mph in very unstable water conditions with say 5-10 boats all around you & a turn pin coming up on the left is much different then running 100+ on perfect water for a short distance. I have done both.... After driving a gn in that class, I have lost interest in driving my 100+ mph jet in a straight line... :frown: By the way BP don't get your panties in a bunch, this is a discussion not a bash session... :notam:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Yes I did read this entire thread. More importantly since the start of the revival there has been a lot of negative input from people who just sit on the side lines anyway. My point is what ever its called, it is a good thing & more than a lot of fun. You should try it. I like all these characters who think 80 is slow & boring. A real 80 mph in very unstable water conditions with say 5-10 boats all around you & a turn pin coming up on the left is much different then running 100+ on perfect water for a short distance. I have done both.... After driving a gn in that class, I have lost interest in driving my 100+ mph jet in a straight line... :frown: By the way BP don't get your panties in a bunch, this is a discussion not a bash session... :notam:
As a professional spectator :crossx: I can say the 80 mph speed limit is great! It provides me with a longer lunch break especially when they run nostalgia next to the outboard heats. :rollside:

MAXIMUS
01-05-2006, 09:16 AM
As a professional spectator :crossx: I can say the 80 mph speed limit is great! It provides me with a longer lunch break especially when they run nostalgia next to the outboard heats. :rollside:
I should have been a pro bass master! I always use the right bait! lol I hear ya if it aint an SS or K then it just aint shiat! Cool now go back to your room & continue editing all that great footage of your heros... :) By the way how is the project coming??? Have you tried that trick prop yet? :messedup:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
I should have been a pro bass master! I always use the right bait! lol I hear ya if it aint an SS or K then it just aint shiat! Cool now go back to your room & continue editing all that great footage of your heros... :) By the way how is the project coming??? Have you tried that trick prop yet? :messedup:
PS GN and crackers are cool! :) OK, back to my room....Lol. :cool:

MAXIMUS
01-05-2006, 02:41 PM
PS GN and crackers are cool! :) OK, back to my room....Lol. :cool:
Don't start kissin my ass now! I wouldn't know how to take it! Seriously Jer you should come out with your hondo & just try it once. I really had a blast doing it & if it wasn't for my wife grounding me my from my sack, I would continue to do so...Even your bro would have a ball warming up in that class! I'm telling ya it is a hoot! :)

uclahater
01-05-2006, 02:54 PM
They run Comp Jets up in Burley without any speed restrictions :idea:
Max since you offered I'll take you up on it :crossx: So whens the Parker race in April :cool:

jweeks123
01-05-2006, 03:42 PM
They run Comp Jets up in Burley without any speed restrictionswhat sort of avg speeds do they run up there for a heat of cj racing
jw

Squirtin Thunder
01-05-2006, 04:17 PM
what sort of avg speeds do they run up there for a heat of cj racing
jw
I have tried to get info from as many santions as possible.
If someone has the contact info for them up there it would help us out.
Thanks
Jim

MAXIMUS
01-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Max since you offered I'll take you up on it :crossx: So whens the Parker race in April :cool:
Yea april. You show & Myself & my crew will help in any way you need. I am telling you, it is a blast! :)

MAXIMUS
01-05-2006, 04:57 PM
You know I suspect with the enlisting of enough jets, they could have a nostalgia 80 mph deal & then a regular comp jet class. I believe it would be more beneficial to the program & those interested to start off with the 80 mph as it would not stress the pocket book & equipment as much. Then if a guy is hooked he will feel better about steping up to a faster program, instead of doing it blind... :)

Squirtin Thunder
01-05-2006, 05:03 PM
You know I suspect with the enlisting of enough jets, they could have a nostalgia 80 mph deal & then a regular comp jet class. I believe it would be more beneficial to the program & those interested to start off with the 80 mph as it would not stress the pocket book & equipment as much. Then if a guy is hooked he will feel better about steping up to a faster program, instead of doing it blind... :)
Insurance

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Don't start kissin my ass now! I wouldn't know how to take it! Seriously Jer you should come out with your hondo & just try it once. I really had a blast doing it & if it wasn't for my wife grounding me my from my sack, I would continue to do so...Even your bro would have a ball warming up in that class! I'm telling ya it is a hoot! :)
After running in the PS class why would I want to step down to the "nostalgia parade" class? lol! Make sure you wave at the kiddies as you go by and let me know if you want anything from the grill. :)
kiss kiss
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Me.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
01-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Please review
Comp Jet Class
11) Kill switch.
12) Neck collar.
13) Helmet restraints.
www.scscracing.com
Please contact
Jim Rich
jrpm@npgcable.com
928-704-1858

Cas
01-05-2006, 10:39 PM
will this be tested prior to races, height wise? or will there only be checks for the stop?
If no test on height, what will be deemed unsafe during a race?
DQ'd if too high?

Squirtin Thunder
01-05-2006, 11:06 PM
will this be tested prior to races, height wise? or will there only be checks for the stop?
If no test on height, what will be deemed unsafe during a race?
DQ'd if too high?
Yes you will be checked for a stop. As for the first race it will be based on respect, anymore than 4' you will really have a hard time keeping up right and being competitive. But if you blatenty override the stop to wash someone down yes you will be DQ'd.
I can see why you are worried being you are going to be racing an open bow.

Cas
01-05-2006, 11:09 PM
I can see why you are worried being you are going to be racing an open bow.
tonneau cover :)

Squirtin Thunder
01-05-2006, 11:33 PM
tonneau cover :)
I hope you come out.
I went 59 mph ,
At the Parker 300 Futs was running in the low 60s, he is ready to come back out, he had a great time.

victorfb
01-05-2006, 11:38 PM
nit friggin pick. go out and race or shut the f#ck up allready. geeeeeze whine whine whine. i dont like this rule, i dont like that rule. OMG people. do you have NOTHING better to do? this is HOT BOAT FORUMS, not "i have nothing exciting in my life but come on here to bash threads". i would seriously like to see some more POSITIVE feedback on this racing schedule. is there anyone wanting to actually race in this? or just bash its existance? i for one think its a cool idea and would like to hear more about it. is lifeline willing to come out and rent jackets at a reasonable rate? is there any sponsorship available? i see one of the races is held in salt water, im not real fond of introducing my boat to salt water so id have to definatly discount that race in the schedule. can you give us more info on the exact rules?

Squirtin Thunder
01-06-2006, 12:19 AM
I for one think its a cool idea and would like to hear more about it. is lifeline willing to come out and rent jackets at a reasonable rate? is there any sponsorship available? i see one of the races is held in salt water, im not real fond of introducing my boat to salt water so id have to definatly discount that race in the schedule. can you give us more info on the exact rules?
LifeLine Lisa is no longer with LifeLine, so I am hoping Bill the owner of LifeLine, will be able to help us out like he has in the past. I am going down to talk to him next week about the rentals. I will be also inquiring about some used gear he may have to help everyone get started.
If you click on the Rules section it will take you to the SuperStock site and all the rules are there to veiw, broke down to make it as easy as possible.

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 07:31 AM
I would think Lifeline would do it. If there were enough people racing. It is more exposure and money for them. :)

superdave013
01-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Victor, I hear ya on the salt. But that's the best one if you ask me. One of the few things left on my "to do list" is run at least one race at "The Stadium".
Buy a bottle of that salt away stuff and rig up a flush kit for the clean up.

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Victor, I hear ya on the salt. But that's the best one if you ask me. One of the few things left on my "to do list" is run at least one race at "The Stadium".
Doesnt Marine Stadium draw the biggest crowd? :confused:

Nucking futs
01-06-2006, 09:54 AM
I plan on runnin my SWTD at the parker deal, but is there a deal about air entrapment hulls like in APBA? Hope not.
I didnt even come close to 80.9 in the last parker race. The boat we were running had a dead pump and the top speed I sqeezed out of it was a 59.It was a blast and for all of you to knock it need to try it first. You think you have big balls running the river at a 100 or so? try running 80 with 15 boats on your ass and all going for the turn at the same time,then talk about who has big balls !!!! I love the drags, but a 1/4 mile isnt really enough seat time IMO ! I love to drive my boats period. hope to see more people out there.If I get mine done before may, Im up for the circle race scene, just can't say im a forsure thing till the boat is set up and has some water time.
Tim

victorfb
01-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Tim, im with you on this one. id have a hard time trying to convince Toni that we should race the rogers in roundy round. so im thinking it would be smarter to try my hand with the Kachina at the parker deal. but for some that have a boat set up and are ready for this circle thing, i think this sounds like a great way to start. by the way, hows the SWTD coming along?

Squirtin Thunder
01-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Here is the deal with the Comp Jet class up in Burley. They fall under APBA Special event rules. No speed limit, 500ci max, 1 - 1.25 mile course. There speeds in the mid to low 80mph range.
2006 Burger King Idaho Regatta (http://www.idahoregatta.com/)

Squirtin Thunder
01-06-2006, 03:29 PM
I am looking forward to the Marine Stadium race.
I would think it would.

superdave013
01-06-2006, 03:32 PM
by far

MAXIMUS
01-06-2006, 03:45 PM
After running in the PS class why would I want to step down to the "nostalgia parade" class? lol! Make sure you wave at the kiddies as you go by and let me know if you want anything from the grill. :)
kiss kiss
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Me.jpg
Jerry I know you are real proud of your 1 lap ps run or 1 heat or whatever it was... Nice pic of you driving! Hanging on the wall it will look authentic next to lance & gordie! How do you think you would stack up against the nostalgia flat guys??? Do you think you could compete? Or would you need some seat time?

Nucking futs
01-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Jerry I know you are real proud of your 1 lap ps run or 1 heat or whatever it was... Nice pic of you driving! Hanging on the wall it will look authentic next to lance & gordie! How do you think you would stack up against the nostalgia flat guys??? Do you think you could compete? Or would you need some seat time?
Does'nt that quote deserve a "C'MON" for the V-Drive guys?
:D

Squirtin Thunder
01-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Does'nt that quote deserve a "C'MON" for the V-Drive guys? :D
C'MON Jet guys !!!
this has become a V-Drive thread what is up ??? :cool:
http://www.idahoregatta.com/images/Image00043.jpg
http://www.idahoregatta.com/images/Image00044.jpg

superdave013
01-06-2006, 05:17 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/150336Dscn8104-med.jpg

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Its all good Jim.
There are V-Drive threads that turn into Jet threads. We are all in the same boat.

superdave013
01-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Its all good Jim.
There are V-Drive threads that turn into Jet threads. We are all in the same boat.
No, we are all in the same "BUS" :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1503IMG_0559.jpg

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 05:28 PM
No, we are all in the same "BUS" :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1503IMG_0559.jpg
I heard about you...
You ever think about driving a flatty again? :) :rollside:
BTW: I sent you a PM earlier.

superdave013
01-06-2006, 05:31 PM
I heard about you...
You ever think about driving a flatty again? :) :rollside:
BTW: I sent you a PM earlier.
sure, I'll drive your flat. Keep in mind I have been told I'm hard on parts. :rolleyes:
pm back at ya

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 05:46 PM
sure, I'll drive your flat. Keep in mind I have been told I'm hard on parts. :rolleyes:
pm back at ya
I will let you know. I am still putting it together. But in the event I decide to run some races, I will definately keep you in mind. I have heard you are hard on parts, but that just means you are running it how its supposed to be. The whole racing things still has me worried, more about liabilities and such.

Squirtin Thunder
01-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Wavers & Insurance
Motorsports are dangerous. The user assumes all risk !!!

superdave013
01-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Run nostalgia flat and do your own driving. You will have a blast. That's what those nostalgia classes are all about. I don't think I'd have the stones to run super stock (well enough to win anyway).

Squirtin Thunder
01-06-2006, 06:30 PM
I do remember something about,
"The wheel on the Bus go round and round but the pistons don't go up and down !!!"

dmontzsta
01-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Run nostalgia flat and do your own driving. You will have a blast. That's what those nostalgia classes are all about. I don't think I'd have the stones to run super stock (well enough to win anyway).
This is really what I am thinking. I am going to put the boat together, use it like I used my last one. Take it to the river and local lakes, just run the shit out of it. The motor is going to be rock solid. Once I get some time, I will run some fun things, like maybe Nostalgia and a Parker race or something like that. You gotta start somewhere right? :) The only thing is I dont know about the 80mph speed limit? I guess I could run a rev limiter and keep the rpm down. I am sure the boat will do a good bit more than 80mph. The old owner ran 96 on gps at CFW with 605-610hp.

uclahater
01-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Here is the deal with the Comp Jet class up in Burley. They fall under APBA Special event rules. No speed limit, 500ci max, 1 - 1.25 mile course. There speeds in the mid to low 80mph range.
Jim I just thought you should know that there was other comp jets running under APBA so I dont know what this insurance deal is.
Good luck, and have fun

Squirtin Thunder
01-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Jim I just thought you should know that there was other comp jets running under APBA so I dont know what this insurance deal is.
Good luck, and have fun
I heard about them but being it is titled under something else,2006 Burger King Idaho Regatta (http://www.idahoregatta.com/), I was unable to find any info, but BottomFeeder got me the link and I was able to contact them and get the low down. The APBA Special event rules are what we went under for the Parker 300, very liberal rules.
Thank you Jim
Jim

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Max,
If your going to make fun of my illustrious racing career at least get the facts straight. 1st off, the only thing I was proud of was making it back to the pit right-side-up! and it was 2 heats not 1 :boxed: Lance offered me a shot behind the wheel and he taped it. I finished both heats on the lead lap and was first to the pin on my 2nd heat ahead (5 by lengths) of the great Gus Schade in the injected "Intimidator" boat owned by Hal Jones. Ok, enough about me...lol :messedup:
Lets take a look at your career.... :devil: In your debut race you chose not to drive :rollside: instead you had someone else drive your boat for you. I know you weren't scared, Its a big transition from the Blown fuel ski boat class to gn racing and pacing yourself had to be a wise decision.
Lets move on to the highlight of your career where you (with help from a racing legend and a top level river racer) proved victorious in the return of the great "Parker Enduro". So what if the race was only a mere shell of its once 150+ boats entered race. And don't listen to those naysayers who discredit you for that slight 45 minute headstart you were awarded at the beginning of the race. And just because that red schiada was reeling you in like a 5 horse go cart in a nextel race, you deserve all the glory oh great one. :rollside:
In the end both of us are pretty pathetic and I for one don't want to degrade my resume further by entering a parade disguised as a race. For the sake of my lunch break I will continue to support your cause (and outboard racing) until you have succeeded in taking nostalgia racing [did I say racing?] to the top! :rollside:
And a big Ca'Mon for the 59 mph peanut gallery! :D
Heres a pic of the Ski Jet class "Von Bacon Express" to get this thread back on track! :cool:
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Circle%20race%20Jet.jpg

Cs19
01-06-2006, 11:32 PM
sheesh..

victorfb
01-07-2006, 12:13 AM
damn, look how far forward that motor is set... crazy.

MikeF
01-07-2006, 07:05 AM
damn, look how far forward that motor is set... crazy.
Must be to tame the nose high attitude. :220v: :) It probably handles better like that.
I figured someone would say something about those long pipes or the single carb tunnel ram. :boxed:

Nucking futs
01-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Easy turbo......... :D

Cs19
01-07-2006, 07:33 AM
Ive heard alot about that boat, lots of history behind that if its the same boat Im thinking of.

superdave013
01-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Easy turbo......... :D
get it right man. it should be easy two heat lol ;)

LOWRIVER2
01-07-2006, 08:47 AM
A few words on the old NJBA circle jet racing:
Jack Mcclure used to be one of the top guys in that sport along with George of Clay Smith cams and Mel Bacon in the VonBacon Express.
The rudders were underneath the boats similar to vdrive boats. George got tossed out in a race and ran over by one of these "small" rudders. Ripped his intestines out , pretty long recovery. But alas, that can happen anywhere.
I remember talking to Jack about bringing back this sport about four years ago. He said to be competitive in that style (ie:back then) , you had to do at least 20 hours of service on the boat between races.
George's "Honkercraft" got put to rest by a bulldozer three years ago. I think Jack still has his Liberty and it was for sale at one point. Would be a great starting point for these kinds of races. The Von Bacon Express was a lightweight Rogers Bonneville and won many a race.
Funny note:
Mel got out of cirlce racing and bought one of the first CP's built by Scotten. Go figure, he had a rudder underneath! I heard it turns pretty good for a 19ft/400lb. gullwing.

LOWRIVER2
01-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Hey Chris,
The son of Mel Bacon is at Lost Lake and drives the open bow blue CP. He got to grow up watching his dad run that thing at Parker, Ming,Long Beach, etc. Lots of good stories. His dad also owned Jetrix Marine back in the day. That's when Scotten was your age and worked for Rogers.....long time ago/lol.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-07-2006, 09:40 AM
get it right man. it should be easy two heat lol ;)
Dave, are you dissin my 8 miles of fame? lmao :rollside: in terms of pure distance my 2 heats are equal to 32 quarter mile passes or 64 1/8 mile jet boat river races! :D :D :messedup:

superdave013
01-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Dave, are you dissin my 8 miles of fame? lmao :rollside: in terms of pure distance my 2 heats are equal to 32 quarter mile passes or 64 1/8 mile jet boat river races! :D :D :messedup:
No, not at all. I can't wait to see you race that K boat myself. Should be really cool. I hope Tony steps it up a bit so he can stay out in front of ya. (hey, gotta root for the boat that runs my parts) ;)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey Chris,
The son of Mel Bacon is at Lost Lake and drives the open bow blue CP. He got to grow up watching his dad run that thing at Parker, Ming,Long Beach, etc. Lots of good stories. His dad also owned Jetrix Marine back in the day. That's when Scotten was your age and worked for Rogers.....long time ago/lol.
Hey Lowriver,
I found some more on Mel....
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Circle%20race%20Jet%20002.jpg http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Circle%20race%20Jet%20005.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-07-2006, 10:09 AM
No, not at all. I can't wait to see you race that K boat myself. Should be really cool. I hope Tony steps it up a bit so he can stay out in front of ya. (hey, gotta root for the boat that runs my parts) ;)
Hey I might needs some parts! :cool: My deal is really just a river boat. I want to race it a few times but I don't plan on beating Tony ever! :)

LOWRIVER2
01-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks VDRIVE!
I'll get a color copy of this for Mel, he'll get a kick out of it.
He gave up jet boats for jet planes. He is the founder/owner of Coronado Stone Products, he runs a Lear jet now/LOL.
I've tried to buy his 79 CP over the years and he always says no. It's just sitting in a garage. I know if someone found the VB Express, he'd buy it just to have it in the garage as well.

Squirtin Thunder
01-07-2006, 12:55 PM
"Comp Jet Field @ Lake Ming in Bakersfield on 3-4 March '06"
1) Code Blue Racing #cj72
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Squirtin Thunder
01-08-2006, 12:23 AM
is there anyone wanting to actually race in this? or just bash its existance? i for one think its a cool idea and would like to hear more about it. is lifeline willing to come out and rent jackets at a reasonable rate? is there any sponsorship available? i see one of the races is held in salt water, im not real fond of introducing my boat to salt water so id have to definatly discount that race in the schedule. can you give us more info on the exact rules?
Check this out for safety equiptment;
Scream And Fly (http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)

MikeF
01-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Wrenching.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/1533libertys.jpg
RUNNING.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/153UncleSam1.jpg
:cool:

Squirtin Thunder
01-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Wrenching.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/1533libertys-med.jpg
That pic looks to be in Redwood City, I was at that race and met Jack Mc and Jim Brock

MikeF
01-08-2006, 12:59 PM
You must be 10 yrs older than me then. :220v: :rollside:
You gotta have some pictures from that time that you took. Break them out!

squirt
01-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Yep that is Redwood City, I can't belive with the crowds they used to draw that they didn't continue to have races here. A bunch of us form HS would go out there and sneek down on the fuel dock to watch the races....talk about up close and personal....got wet more than once :rollside:
Don

Squirtin Thunder
01-08-2006, 01:33 PM
You must be 10 yrs older than me then. :220v: :rollside:
You gotta have some pictures from that time that you took. Break them out!
Hell Mike, you got a year on me.

MikeF
01-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Damn........... :mix:

disco_charger
01-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Must be to tame the nose high attitude. :220v: :) It probably handles better like that.
I figured someone would say something about those long pipes or the single carb tunnel ram. :boxed:
Ski Jet was/is a single carb, no droop, no header class. Lot's of Hardin P1000's and OT Logs. :)

disco_charger
01-08-2006, 04:23 PM
This is a guy named Larry Edwards. He raced SJ in the 70's and 80's. He used Striegle motor in his Rogers. His son Brian was racing this hull at Ming for a while. Larry and my father were pretty good friends. For a while, my Dad was anouncing the circle races for the NJBA.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9167Edwards-med.jpg

wsuwrhr
01-08-2006, 04:29 PM
One of the few things left on my "to do list" is run at least one race at "The Stadium".
I hope we can still buy gas by then.
Brian

Squirtin Thunder
01-08-2006, 05:10 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9167Edwards-med.jpg
This pic almost looks like "Lets Dance" VictorFBs boat.

Squirtin Thunder
01-08-2006, 08:29 PM
After carefull concideration and talking with a few current racers and racers of the past and all of your input, I have come to the conclution that the class needs a name change. I have deside, being we are using alot of the Nastalgia Rules to call the class, Nastalgia Comp Jet. I hope that does not rub anyone the wrong way as I am trying to show respect for those that race Comp Jet in the past.
Thanks
Jim

Cs19
01-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey Chris,
I actually met Mel at Big River 2 summers ago, what a character. :) He was really cool and gave me alot of advice about racing guys on the river that I will never forget.
Any word on racing? I've heard they wanted to get back into racing.

MAXIMUS
01-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Max,
If your going to make fun of my illustrious racing career at least get the facts straight. 1st off, the only thing I was proud of was making it back to the pit right-side-up! and it was 2 heats not 1 :boxed: Lance offered me a shot behind the wheel and he taped it. I finished both heats on the lead lap and was first to the pin on my 2nd heat ahead (5 by lengths) of the great Gus Schade in the injected "Intimidator" boat owned by Hal Jones. Ok, enough about me...lol :messedup:
Lets take a look at your career.... :devil: In your debut race you chose not to drive :rollside: instead you had someone else drive your boat for you. I know you weren't scared, Its a big transition from the Blown fuel ski boat class to gn racing and pacing yourself had to be a wise decision.
Lets move on to the highlight of your career where you (with help from a racing legend and a top level river racer) proved victorious in the return of the great "Parker Enduro". So what if the race was only a mere shell of its once 150+ boats entered race. And don't listen to those naysayers who discredit you for that slight 45 minute headstart you were awarded at the beginning of the race. And just because that red schiada was reeling you in like a 5 horse go cart in a nextel race, you deserve all the glory oh great one. :rollside:
In the end both of us are pretty pathetic and I for one don't want to degrade my resume further by entering a parade disguised as a race. For the sake of my lunch break I will continue to support your cause (and outboard racing) until you have succeeded in taking nostalgia racing [did I say racing?] to the top! :rollside:
Heres a pic of the Ski Jet class "Von Bacon Express" to get this thread back on track! :cool:
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Circle%20race%20Jet.jpg
All right cupcake no need to get your panties in a bunch. I was not dissin you & I'm sorry if it appeared that way. I was asking an honest question as I am interested what you think about the competition in that divison & how you might fair amongst the group. Not trying to put you on the spot so if you are uncomfortable responding then don't. As for my career "Chief" I wouldn't say I have one... The GN is Grich's deal & I am only there to support the cause... So no need to try & glorify my position however I am flattered! If I am viewed as being pathetic then so be it! Can't stop me from havin fun! Once again you have stepped on your unit... :rolleyes:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-09-2006, 11:24 AM
All right cupcake no need to get your panties in a bunch. I was not dissin you & I'm sorry if it appeared that way. I was asking an honest question as I am interested what you think about the competition in that divison & how you might fair amongst the group. Not trying to put you on the spot so if you are uncomfortable responding then don't. As for my career "Chief" I wouldn't say I have one... The GN is Grich's deal & I am only there to support the cause... So no need to try & glorify my position however I am flattered! If I am viewed as being pathetic then so be it! Can't stop me from havin fun! Once again you have stepped on your unit... :rolleyes:
I wish I could step on my unit Lol!! :rollside: As you can see I'm very sensitive :)
As to your question, how am I supposed to take that serious? The guys are racing with a speed limit! How can that be called a race?
Before this deal was running Jim contacted me for input for how he should format this class. I directed him to the Northern Nostie group who btw runs an "average speed" per lap speed limit. Their course is short with lots of turns and that in itself keeps the guys in check. No one has been able hit the speed limit to date. This makes for good racing. I wish Jim had adopted that format and I've told him that.
How would I do? I would be DQed for ignoring the posted speed limit! :crossx:
Don't get me wrong Ben, I support nostalgia, the old boats and even the guys in the class I just hope for a few rule changes to make it more interesting. :clover:
Your pal,
---Jerry :)

Squirtin Thunder
01-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Again Thank you
Jim
Jerry as I have stated to bring back a Jet only class ring now we are limited in speed and courses are dictated by the SCSC. The APBA also regulates speed to course length, along with insurance. Those two things seem to be creating the most problems. Once this is actually up and running then we can make neccisary changes for better compitition, Baby Steps !!!!
Here were our choises;
1) APBA special event, no speed limit any length - That would kill the Parker 300 being one per club per year.
2) 3/4 mile course 80mph max average speed limit- SCSC will not change there course for us.
3) 1 mile couse 80.9mph max speed run as many races as we chose with SCSC.
As you see we had to compamize to bring back boat racing.
Thank you for your input
Jim

hack job
01-09-2006, 03:57 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/150336Dscn8104-med.jpg
what? :p

Squirtin Thunder
01-09-2006, 04:10 PM
what? :p
Tyson are you interested in running at Ming in March ???

MAXIMUS
01-09-2006, 04:16 PM
I wish I could step on my unit Lol!! :rollside: As you can see I'm very sensitive :)
As to your question, how am I supposed to take that serious? The guys are racing with a speed limit! How can that be called a race?
Before this deal was running Jim contacted me for input for how he should format this class. I directed him to the Northern Nostie group who btw runs an "average speed" per lap speed limit. Their course is short with lots of turns and that in itself keeps the guys in check. No one has been able hit the speed limit to date. This makes for good racing. I wish Jim had adopted that format and I've told him that.
How would I do? I would be DQed for ignoring the posted speed limit! :crossx:
Don't get me wrong Ben, I support nostalgia, the old boats and even the guys in the class I just hope for a few rule changes to make it more interesting. :clover:
Your pal,
---Jerry :)
Well since you haven't actually tried it then there is not much to discredit. I have tried it & was not bothered by the speed limit. Of course my boat will only run 88 anyway so maybe that could be the reason. I can tell you o wise one that it has become anything but a parade... I suggest if you wish to form such a strong opinion about it, then go try it. I bet you would have your ass handed to you... Got 5 bucks on it! :notam: Your friend Maxy... Please no more harsh bashing as its not good for the cause... :)

MAXIMUS
01-09-2006, 04:18 PM
I have 2 friends with jets, 1 a rogers & the other a liberty. If I could pursuade these knuckle heads to bring them out it would be great! Maybe I'll bust out the daytona for a few "parade" laps... lol :)

Squirtin Thunder
01-09-2006, 05:03 PM
I have 2 friends with jets, 1 a rogers & the other a liberty. If I could pursuade these knuckle heads to bring them out it would be great! Maybe I'll bust out the daytona for a few "parade" laps... lol :)
That would help thanks !!!

TRG
01-09-2006, 05:54 PM
HMMM??? wonder if i could slow my boat down enough to compete with you jim? LOL!! (could not at all pass that one up there pal!)
Todd

MikeF
01-09-2006, 05:55 PM
HMMM??? wonder if i could slow my boat down enough to compete with you jim? LOL!! (could not at all pass that one up there pal!)
Todd
We could fab up a throttle stop for yours slim. :rollside:

Squirtin Thunder
01-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Todd
Todd bring it out, sign up now, don't talk trash and run !!!
I will be in Bakersfield the next weekend too. Grab your shorts Tizzel.
No backin out or runnin for you.
Just because I run in a class that has an 80.9max speed does in no way reflect max speed of the boats.

TRG
01-09-2006, 06:24 PM
We could fab up a throttle stop for yours slim. :rollside:
Look who's calling the kettle black there "SLIM"! lol

disco_charger
01-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Where you been hiding at Todd?

lilrick
01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
I've been missing out! look at all the exposure this jet class is getting!! good work JIm!

flat broke
01-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Just because I run in a class that has an 80.9max speed does in no way reflect max speed of the boats.
Don't worry Jim, we already knew the Sanger doesn't run that fast ;)
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Chris

lilrick
01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
come on all you winterized, cabin fevered, snowed in jet owners! sign up and lets race!!!

Squirtin Thunder
01-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Don't worry Jim, we already knew the Sanger doesn't run that fast ;)
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Chris
Chris, why don't you guys come out and run being you kinda got short changed for the Parker 300.
How is the new dad doing anyway ???
I adjusted the rules to allow your boat to run, and others, it was 19' max.

flat broke
01-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Chris, why don't you guys come out and run being you kinda got short changed for the Parker 300.
How is the new dad doing anyway ???
I adjusted the rules to allow your boat to run, and others, it was 19' max.
I don't feel that I got short changed in any way shape or form. Being around for the first few days after my Daughter's birth is in a whole different league than a boat race. We had 3 drivers on the roster for a reason, and that reason was because there was a good likelyhood I might not be able to attend. Barring any unforseen circumstances, I'll be in Parker come October with my jacket on ready to run some laps.
As far as Nostalgia Comp Jet circle racing. It would be kind of hard to do since the Specta is stripped down to a bare hull and getting ready to undergo some cosmetic surgery. :) You can ask Hacker directly but I'm pretty sure he isn't really interested in racing anything other than the 300 at this juncture. From a power/top speed perspective, the Dana could hang right at the edge of the speed limit for the new class, but it would be at a natural disadvantage in the cornering department because of its size and height compared to something like a Rogers etc.
It's great that it looks like you might get some guys together to run a schedule this year. You might want to see if the guy that owned that Saguro <sp> wants to run. Since that thing looked like it could turn on a dime, it wouldnt be so needy in the power department to run higher average lap speeds. Maybe Maxi's buddy that bailed on the 300 will decide the shorter races are something that he may want to try and that would get you one boat closer to a full field. For that matter, perhaps the guys that ran that other "comp jet" in the 300 would like to come on out.
Good luck with everything and don't worry, Dad is doing absolutely stellar with his little girl.
Chris

Squirtin Thunder
01-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes I agree that there is nothing that compares to a new birth. Chris enjoy it while it lasts they grow up quick.

LOWRIVER2
01-11-2006, 06:13 AM
Hi Chris,
You met Bill, Mel's son at the river, he ran NJBA an took the 10 sec. class in 01.
He's building a SCORE car and put the NJBA racing to rest.
His CP tunnel is for sale/ with/without motor. #279 at dragboats.com

lilrick
01-11-2006, 09:18 AM
......only six weeks left!!!

Moneypitt
01-11-2006, 10:50 AM
You're right Rick, Damm, I guess its back to Bullhead next week.....See you at Ming........Ray

Code Blue Racing
01-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Jim is still under going testing and is planning to have the boat at the race. He is doing everything to get ready for the race, if he is not cleared by the Dr.s, he will have another driver in the boat for the race at Lake Ming.
Good Luck everyone,
Donna

Squirtin Thunder
01-14-2006, 03:29 PM
:crossx:What if my boat does 60 flat out?
Brian
You will not break the speed limit !!!

SK48
01-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Brian, you could do O.K. it takes a lot more than speed to win a circle race.
A 60 mph jet is not a rocket ship, but most of circle racing is timing a good
start, and getting the inside lane. A 60 mph boat in lane one, who is on time
at the starting line, and doesn't over drive the corners can beat a 80 mph
boat. A fast 85 mph boat in lane four will be hard pressed to pass you in a
four or five lap race. If you are in lane one and make it through the first
turn in front, you can make it really difficult to pass. Come out of turn one
with a three boat length lead, and swing across the course to the right, drift
back to the center, and out to the middle gradually, and the guys behind you
have to cross six boat wakes just from you. After they unload their pumps a
couple three times, you have ten boats on them into the second turn. It's a
lot of fun, and a lot of defensive driving. Kind of like NASCAR on water.

Squirtin Thunder
01-14-2006, 11:47 PM
:cool: 1st. I don't own a jet boat anymore. You are working really hard to get a jet
boat circle class going again, which is great. Maybe NJBA would be a better
place to do this. In the old days (late 70's & early 80's) to win high points
in a NJBA class you had to run drags, circles, and saloms. Everyone in
ski jet I, ski jet II, Mod Jet, Comp Jet, and K-Jet had to run all three events
at every race. It was great entertainment, guys in gull wings, and
eliminator daytona's doing circles & saloms. But honestly everyone had
a great time. Oh, I forgot they had Powder Puff saloms, you could hear
Debbie Christensen, & Rod Bahner's girl friend (co-rider) laughing louder
than the motor as they ran the salom course. Debbie is a really good
jet circle driver. As an entry level class NJBA is less expensive for most
racers than APBA, since you just run six races at one location. APBA if you
start chasing points you can run fifteen plus races per year, all over the
country. At NJBA you can get bracket racers who have lost in round one
or two, to try circle racing. Once they go around a few corners they
don't want to drag race again. Good luck and I hope you can revive the
class.

Squirtin Thunder
01-20-2006, 01:24 PM
:argue:

Squirtin Thunder
02-02-2006, 04:55 PM
http://www.fordforums.com/images/smilies/updated.gif..............http://www.fordforums.com/images/smilies/updated.gif..............http://www.fordforums.com/images/smilies/updated.gif..............http://www.fordforums.com/images/smilies/updated.gif
http://www.fordforums.com/images/smilies/updated.gifDon Moyle http://www.fordforums.com/images/smilies/updated.gif
Please contact Me or Ross Wallach
Thank you
Jim
jrpm@npgcable.com
928-704-1858

SK48
02-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Jim, What do you need? I don't think Don or Mark are on Hot boat.
I will be talking to them soon. Let me know if I can help.

Squirtin Thunder
02-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Jim, What do you need? I don't think Don or Mark are on Hot boat.
I will be talking to them soon. Let me know if I can help.
Ross and I would like to invite them down to Ming for the SCSC Nostalgia Comp Jet Class races.

lilrick
02-02-2006, 08:11 PM
hay jimbo!

Squirtin Thunder
02-03-2006, 10:10 PM
hay jimbo!
Hay Pinky !!!!

lilrick
02-06-2006, 07:02 PM
I took ol' pink to the fiberglass man today to have my skag put in her!!! i hope it helps me turn better! we'll see! I think Elsinore will be on my to do list this weekend!!

Squirtin Thunder
02-06-2006, 07:07 PM
What ya do for color on that scoop, now that we will be mainstream ???
It was OK when you were baggen V-Drives but now you will be racing some real boats.