PDA

View Full Version : No help in Gear Heads

U.T.B.A.V-Drive man
05-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Either they couldn't or wouldn't answer my question about crossover pipes. I'm sure some of you guys with theses hot cat boats have them on your motors. My question was, do the motors without the circulating pumps run hotter then normal @ idle? then cool down @ speed. Thanks Jim

pleasantcat
05-22-2006, 03:04 PM
my guages never move.

don johnson
05-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Same, temperatures never move. Runs 110 degrees at idle, cruise and WOT.

Charley
05-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Cmon boys, anyone that knows anything would tell ya thats the ole sphetzer valve.... put a lil 3 in 1 on it and shake it around!
http://www.kmf.org.pl/wpadki/zdjecia3/fletch_lives_1.jpg

pleasantcat
05-22-2006, 06:20 PM
are you carb'd or injected? if you run injection leave it the hell alone. you'll never come off cold run condition and it'l mess with the computer's mixture settings. if your carb'd i like it better. it's cleaner, plenty of flow and i can adjust it by how much water i dump overboard so i never over pressure the engines.

U.T.B.A.V-Drive man
05-23-2006, 05:20 AM
are you carb'd or injected? if you run injection leave it the hell alone. you'll never come off cold run condition and it'l mess with the computer's mixture settings. if your carb'd i like it better. it's cleaner, plenty of flow and i can adjust it by how much water i dump overboard so i never over pressure the engines.
I'm carberated. I haven't had the boat off the lift yet because the seat is out, so I don't know what it will do under power. I still have the rubber hoses going from the thermostat housing to the header manifold so I can feel when the stat opens and the hose fills with water and when the temp gets too 180 the hose collaspes like if the stat closes.