PDA

View Full Version : need advise on loader trouble

IMPATIENT 1
05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
my loader broke all the bolt heads off at the loader and i need some advise on if its ok to run. it got my shaft alittle but mostlly scarred it,loader took the brunt of the damage, the work i did flowin in my intake is tore up. the shaft wore threw the rear center of my loader. i'm wondering if i should cut it back till its straight or cut it out completely and replace the center piece/ melt the powder coat doin it?i've got pics i can email someone to post.i appreciate any help.

Duane HTP
05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Email the pictures to me
doblander@hi-techperformance.com

lilrick
05-22-2006, 08:10 PM
OUCH!!! next time drill and tap larger holes and put a nut on the backside of the suction housing. this is mandatory on the comp jet program for obvious reasons.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-23-2006, 12:30 AM
OUCH!!! next time drill and tap larger holes and put a nut on the backside of the suction housing. this is mandatory on the comp jet program for obvious reasons.
This was advised to me when I bought my loader from Hi-Tech a year ago winter time, and 5/16 SS hardware was included. Tapped the mounting plate to 5/16, threaded the bolts thru, and jam-nutted them tight. No trouble at all last year.

Wet Dream
05-23-2006, 06:04 AM
Thats all good, providing that ALL of the previous bolts came out of their holes. On mysetup, 3 of the 4 had to be drilled out, and not quite as perfectly as I had hoped. So the 3 got drilled out completely and the 4th tapped. I would not use stainless, use a grade 8. Change them out every year. IIRC, stainless is not as strong as grade 5. I don't want my loader getting into my pump.

IMPATIENT 1
05-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Email the pictures to me
doblander@hi-techperformance.com
pics sent duane,thanks for all the help,i'll call ya this evenin on the overhaul kit.

IMPATIENT 1
05-23-2006, 06:30 AM
This was advised to me when I bought my loader from Hi-Tech a year ago winter time, and 5/16 SS hardware was included. Tapped the mounting plate to 5/16, threaded the bolts thru, and jam-nutted them tight. No trouble at all last year.
THAT'S WHAT I DID TOO BUT THE HEADS ALL SNAPPED OFF AT THE LOADER.THE BOLT SHANKS ARE STILL THERE.I BACKED EM UP WITH WASHERS AND POLY LOCK NUTS.JUST WEAK BOLT HEADS.

sanger rat
05-23-2006, 07:13 AM
Next time a bolt head breaks off tack weld a bead on it so you can grab it with a pair of pliers. The heat will help loosen it up.