PDA

View Full Version : Do i owe Blaine or Blaine owes me?

shadow
05-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Here was the bet.
We are sitting in the channel
Blaine says i didn't know Ultra made a 27 Shadow with canopies?
Me, they dont!
Blaine, i saw one and i'm sure it was an Ultra
me,I'll bet you $100 right now
Blaine, lets make it $20
Me, heres my phone lets call Ultra
After Hours on Sat no one to ask so we leave it at that..
Yesterday i'm in the channel and i see a 27 Shadow and at first i thought
it must have been BUZZ LIGHTYEAR form Toy Story.
Yes it was a 27 Ultra Shadow with what looked to be like a 4x8 sheet of clear plexiglass cut in 1/2 and 4ft section bent in half and attached somehow.
So who owes who,it was a Shadow with some funky homemade canopies,but Ultra didn't make them.
Buzz Lightyear if you are watching,I'm sorry but those canopies are FUGLY!

Todd969
05-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Here was the bet.
Me, they dont!
Blaine, lets make it $20
Yes it was a 27 Ultra Shadow with what looked to be like a 4x8 sheet of clear plexiglass cut in 1/2 and 4ft section bent in half and attached somehow.
So who owes who,it was a Shadow with some funky homemade canopies,but Ultra didn't make them.
Dan and I saw this exact boat about 3 weeks ago. HOMEMADE FUGLY.

unleashed
05-22-2006, 04:19 PM
You were right they DONT make one. You win....now tell him to keep the original 100$ bet and give me 80 you 20.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Magic34
05-22-2006, 04:21 PM
You owe Blane!!! (I get 1/2) :crossx:

Magic34
05-22-2006, 04:22 PM
You were right they DONT make one. You win....now tell him to keep the original 100$ bet and give me 80 you 20.
Deano
Damn, beat me to it.
OK, shadow wins and Deano and I get the $$.

shadow
05-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Deano
Fair enough,If he overnights it to me we can spend it this weekend. :)

Ziggy
05-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Yesterday i'm in the channel and i see a 27 Shadow and at first i thought it must have been BUZZ LIGHTYEAR form Toy Story.
Someone actually did that?? :idea: :rolleyes: Good Lord :rolleyes:

Magic34
05-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Fair enough,If he overnights it to me we can spend it this weekend. :)
Screw that.
Blane wins!!!!!!! Canopies are canopies regardless of how good or bad they may be.

shadow
05-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Screw that.
Blane wins!!!!!!! Canopies are canopies regardless of how good or bad they may be.
LOL! :hammerhea

Havasu Hangin'
05-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Blaine doesn't need the money. He's a big (Shockwave) baller/shot caller.
:D

phebus
05-22-2006, 04:59 PM
I thought the bet was over Ultra was making a canopy Shadow or not. It doesn't sound like they are, just that McGyver is modifying them :)

buzzaro
05-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Well, if the bet was as you stated "Does ULTRA make a 27 shadow with canopies?' then you would win, as ultra did not make it.

mike37
05-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Well, if the bet was as you stated "Does ULTRA make a 27 shadow with canopies?' then you would win, as ultra did not make it.
thats my take on it go get your money Darill

INSman
05-22-2006, 05:14 PM
I say that Darrel was drunk when we made the bet and I just said that I was pretty certain I saw a 27' Shadow with canopies (assuming done by Ultra), not figuring in anyone's life time that someone would have the balls or knowledge or ability to do their own version on their own new or newer boat !!!! :hammerhea
At least I now know that I was not crazy and in fact saw what i thought I saw !!! I am guessing that the bet is a "push" and we owe eachother a beer or 2 or 12 :cool:

Sandbar Junkies
05-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Darrel dont take all of his money he needs to send some this way...

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Here was the bet.
Me, they dont!
Blaine, lets make it $20
I saw this boat sunday of the poker run weekend...
I second the FUGLY part...
I am of course a fan of the Shadow, and would have sold another for them already if they made one with canopies. Hopefully when he does, it looks better than this thing described above.
Oh, and BLANE OWES YOU! ULTRA DOES NOT, AND DID NOT BUILD IT THAT WAY

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 05:47 PM
I say that Darrel was drunk when we made the bet and I just said that I was pretty certain I saw a 27' Shadow with canopies (assuming done by Ultra), not figuring in anyone's life time that someone would have the balls or knowledge or ability to do their own version on their own new or newer boat !!!! :hammerhea
At least I now know that I was not crazy and in fact saw what i thought I saw !!! I am guessing that the bet is a "push" and we owe eachother a beer or 2 or 12 :cool:
see some crazy things out there sometimes :220v:

Havasu_Dreamin
05-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I met the guy that owns that boat in Steamboat on Saturday, real nice guy. I do not know if he did it or the previous owner.

Mrs.Racer277
05-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Here was the bet.
Me, they dont!
Blaine, lets make it $20
So Ultra did not make them???? Sounds like Shadow wins :)

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Well, I bet if you call Ultra and ask them to do it for X dollars anything is possible but if they don't normally (as in never have) and the guy did it himself Shadow wins. Not only that Blaine called me a pussy because I only went with a singe engine in my new 29 so I am not backing him on this one...lol

vmjtc3
05-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Someone please take a pic. I cant even imagine what the hell that must look like :220v:

phebus
05-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I'll settle it. You are both losers :rollside:

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Someone please take a pic. I cant even imagine what the hell that must look like :220v:
John trust me on this...you DO NOT want to see it :220v:

Focker
05-22-2006, 06:39 PM
I THINK BLANE AND DARRELL SHOULD SETTLE THIS AT THE NAKED TURTLE WITH A DRINK FEST
LAST MAN STANDING WINS :rollside:

INSman
05-22-2006, 07:19 PM
I'll settle it. You are both losers :rollside:
You are correct Rick, thank you again for your continued support :boxingguy :hammerhea :D

INSman
05-22-2006, 07:20 PM
I THINK BLANE AND DARRELL SHOULD SETTLE THIS AT THE NAKED TURTLE WITH A DRINK FEST
LAST MAN STANDING WINS :rollside:
UH, NO thank you !!! Darrell is a trained professional :yuk:

INSman
05-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Well, I bet if you call Ultra and ask them to do it for X dollars anything is possible but if they don't normally (as in never have) and the guy did it himself Shadow wins. Not only that Blaine called me a pussy because I only went with a singe engine in my new 29 so I am not backing him on this one...lol
You will pay for this , PU$$Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

al cole'holic
05-22-2006, 07:23 PM
..anybody have pics?? I can't imagine this being as godawful as some gel designs I have seen lately... :)

GHT
05-22-2006, 07:26 PM
I would think you owe Blaine but only after he pays you. This way everyone wins.....

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 07:31 PM
You will pay for this , PU$$Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Always so aggresive...and shit lol

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Who is this "Blaine" guy?
:idea:

ULTRA28
05-22-2006, 07:54 PM
I thought you had my cell number Darrel. No, we don't have a canopy Shadow out.... yet. I haven't seen the boat in question, but did hear about it. From what I understand the guy is real proud of it. Marty from Plex Products did it for the guy. He does a lot of stuff for Ultra and DCB as well as all the Plexi work for most of the San Diego boaters.
For those of you who know Marty (Plex Products), I just got some REALLY bad news about him a couple of hours ago. I guess he and his wife were in a very bad car accident Friday night. She was killed as well as another woman from a different car. Marty is in critical condition and they say it doesn't look good. She will be missed by many of us in the San Diego boating community and we are all praying for Marty to recover. They have two young children.

GHT
05-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Terrible news... I hope he pulls through..

shadow
05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
I thought you had my cell number Darrel. No, we don't have a canopy Shadow out.... yet. I haven't seen the boat in question, but did hear about it. From what I understand the guy is real proud of it. Marty from Plex Products did it for the guy. He does a lot of stuff for Ultra and DCB as well as all the Plexi work for most of the San Diego boaters.
For those of you who know Marty (Plex Products), I just got some REALLY bad news about him a couple of hours ago. I guess he and his wife were in a very bad car accident Friday night. She was killed as well as another woman from a different car. Marty is in critical condition and they say it doesn't look good. She will be missed by many of us in the San Diego boating community and we are all praying for Marty to recover. They have two young children.
Yes John i do have your cell,we tried the shop late on a Sat.I guess we will call it a push on the bet since Blaine did actually see a Shadow with Canopies.
Very tragic news about the accident.I feel for all thier loved ones and most for the Children.

Kachina26
05-22-2006, 08:18 PM
he and his wife were in a very bad car accident Friday night. She was killed as well as another woman from a different car. Marty is in critical condition and they say it doesn't look good. She will be missed by many of us in the San Diego boating community and we are all praying for Marty to recover. They have two young children.That's not the kind of news I like to hear :( Prayers for those hurt by this.

sleekcraft137
05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Where's a pic of this?? I gotta see it!

INSman
05-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Always so aggresive...and shit lol
Hey, I might make to to the Picnic after all, so hold your breathe !!!! :)

Kilrtoy
05-22-2006, 10:16 PM
I thought BARRY started on TUESDAY....

jdogginla
05-23-2006, 05:18 AM
This thread is pointless without pics! :crossx:

DILLIGAF
05-23-2006, 05:57 AM
I thought BARRY started on TUESDAY....
or Wed.....
Sorry to hear about the tragic news. That is going to be very tough on the kids :(

shadow
05-23-2006, 06:03 AM
This thread is pointless without pics! :crossx:
I tried to take a picture but the Lens on my camera SHATTERED :220v:

dicudmore
05-23-2006, 07:05 AM
sorry to hear the bad news :(

John.
05-23-2006, 04:08 PM
I feel like a left out NorCal Ultra person. I never get to see other Ultras on the water...let alone a Shadow with a home made canopy. Let's see some pics.

dicudmore
05-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I feel like a left out NorCal Ultra person. I never get to see other Ultras on the water...let alone a Shadow with a home made canopy. Let's see some pics.
then come on out to Havasu John...Shadow's out here every weekend. I'm afraid you have the rest of us out-motored though :220v:

John.
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
then come on out to Havasu John...Shadow's out here every weekend. I'm afraid you have the rest of us out-motored though :220v:
Wish I could...but I started a new job 3 months ago so I'm lacking vacation time to make the trip and really also lacking available time away from work...just too much to do right now. Plus, my wife is starting a new job in 2 weeks. We're planning on making a trip down next summer. Either for the Regatta or for a holiday weekend. I'm going to Phoenix on the 13th, 14th & 15th next month for work and was thinking about trying to run over to Havasu while I'm down there, but haven't decided on that idea yet.