PDA

View Full Version : A sad loss

Old Man Havasu
05-22-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm new to the forum and have had the pleasure of having a home in Havasu the last two years. This guy helped anyone hatt came by for a weld or a chat. The UPS man stopped by for a dolly repair, to keep on schedule.
Its not fair but he is gone. Maybe some of you were fortunate to have known him. He was "Perfect Neighbor Dave"
Thanks for tolerating the blubbering...
Gary West
A close friend of ours in Havasu passed away this morning. He was fine on Wednesday and had some tightness in his chest on Thursday. He went to the doctor and Friday morning they put three stints to increase the blood flow. I talked to him on Saturday and he was fine and anxious to go on his dream trip to Germany. He and his wife Carol were going on a two week cruise leaving 5/25. Kim talked to him Saturday night and he said "take care of Evan and the big guy".
This morning I called and thought it was a bad connection, but he passed away around 8:30. His lovely wife was with him.
Kim and Evan and I have only had the pleasure of knowing Dave and Carol for short time as life goes. He made a special pancake breakfast just last weekend for Kim on Mothers Day and our family looked forward to many more days and weekends with Dave and Carol.
We truly became "family", and going to our favorite place in the world will NEVER be the same.
Dave, I know you went to "fabricators/welders heaven" and I will join you some day so you can keep that promise to build me that Monster smoker!
All our love and sorrow
Evan, Kim and Gary
I have attached a file of Dave and his nose! It was taken last November when he came to California for the Nationals at Pomona. Its a really good picture of who he was...