PDA

View Full Version : Hondo Sprint guys...

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-22-2006, 07:27 PM
This is Gordon Jennings (http://www.v-drivevideo.com/samples/video1.wmv) running kilos at La Paz Park in a Hondo sprint. The plan was to up the K (and PS) Kilo record with this boat. The record at that time was held by a Hondo sprint. They ran it into the mid 140's with the k motor before switching to the revenge hull used to set the 146 record.

ColeTR2
05-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Very cool! What happen to that boat? I take it that was JR. AKA the King :D

boatguy222
05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I believe that was one of Al Lapointe's boats. I talked to him last year about it. He said that if it was set-up correctly it would run faster than the Revenge. But that did't happen.
Any Idea if the boat is still around?

CircleJerk
05-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Nice Jerry, That clip proves to the dummies that K boats had wings and fuel injection in them days! See you in Burley with my hat! And......more flack for b-boats!!! You can hardly wait, right?

Lefty
05-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Love it Jerry, Your Hondo was a Sprint wasn't It? Do you still have it or do you have something else.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Love it Jerry, Your Hondo was a Sprint wasn't It? Do you still have it or do you have something else.
Ya John, mine is a sprint and its still going. :cool:
these are my 2 tubs...
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Me%20and%20Rich.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_DSCF0823.JPG
This one is getting painted back to this....all metalflake. Its at the paint shop now.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Honcho%20K-32.jpg
with this motor...
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Copy%20of%20DSCF0813.JPG :cool:
The boat in the video is also a GT deck.

MAXIMUS
05-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Was the metal flake boat a famous ride or do you just like the scheme? :) I myself am digging the older paint schemes vs the newer wild shit. Waynes boat is the nicest paint job I have seen in some time! Not speaking of quality but over all apperance is just smokin! I think the vintage metal flake shit is pretty over the top. My Gn is originally metal flake blue. Thought about restoring it to that some day...

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Was the metal flake boat a famous ride or do you just like the scheme? :) I myself am digging the older paint schemes vs the newer wild shit. Waynes boat is the nicest paint job I have seen in some time! Not speaking of quality but over all apperance is just smokin! I think the vintage metal flake shit is pretty over the top. My Gn is originally metal flake blue. Thought about restoring it to that some day...
Im just doing a resto. I get a lot of flack for the old school metal flake but I don't care! I have old home movies of this boat and I like it. :cool:
I think the "quality" of Waynes paint job is as good as it gets...
I sent your nostal to macaroni plumbing with todays mail. :)

wsuwrhr
05-23-2006, 06:26 PM
So there is hope for making 65MPH with an alloy Mopar?
I knew this hull had it in her.
Brian

Morg
05-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Not that my old Hondo is anywhere close to being in the same leage as Gordy's deal, But that reminds me of how my Hondo used to run, Just the way it moves around & the way it sits on the top end.
Cool video Jerry, Thank you for sharing.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-23-2006, 07:57 PM
So there is hope for making 65MPH with an alloy Mopar?
I knew this hull had it in her.
Brian
Is that thing getting close yet?

wsuwrhr
05-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Is that thing getting close yet?
As close as anything else I work on.
Brian

Lefty
05-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Jerry keep us updated on the project I can't wait to see that thing done and yes the metalflake will be Awsome. Looks like you might be slightly under powered though.

Roaddogg 4040
05-24-2006, 02:44 AM
Jerry
Can you tell us about the motor? I'am trying to figure out a combination for the "B" boat so I am curious as to what you are going to run.
Thanks, Steve

MAXIMUS
05-24-2006, 04:39 AM
Im just doing a resto. I get a lot of flack for the old school metal flake but I don't care! I have old home movies of this boat and I like it. :cool:
I think the "quality" of Waynes paint job is as good as it gets...
I sent your nostal to macaroni plumbing with todays mail. :)
You might be gettin flak about old school metal flake but I guarentee you when its done it will be smokin... :) The motor is kinda gay but 1 out of 2 aint bad! :rolleyes: :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Jerry
Can you tell us about the motor? I'am trying to figure out a combination for the "B" boat so I am curious as to what you are going to run.
Thanks, Steve
I bought that motor from Tom Buckles as is. It was one of Lance Faulkners K motors originally. Its a 496 with brodix heads, 8-71 blower, Hilborn injector, carillo rods....The best part is, it came with a 100,000 mile Pfaff warranty! That also includes technical and tuning support by Gordon Jennings no matter where I go or how often. :D Its making a conservative 1,100 hp so I can get acclamated with out too much diff :messedup: iculty.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-24-2006, 08:41 AM
You might be gettin flak about old school metal flake but I guarentee you when its done it will be smokin... :) The motor is kinda gay but 1 out of 2 aint bad! :rolleyes: :D
thanks! :)

MKEELINE
05-24-2006, 09:46 AM
The metal flake will be really cool. I think it's sweet when you see something "old school" on a new setup.
My dad's 64' Hallett was originally red metal flake, but has since been painted over. I keep telling him to take it back to metal flake.
Why not restore the Hondo?

cdnguitarsnboats
05-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I'll bet you the guys who are giving you flack are the same guys who paint flames on EVERYTHING.
No offense to you flame freaks, but that's going to be a "period signature" somewhere down the road.
Just sayin'
Jim

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-24-2006, 11:28 AM
I'll bet you the guys who are giving you flack are the same guys who paint flames on EVERYTHING.
No offense to you flame freaks, but that's going to be a "period signature" somewhere down the road.
Just sayin'
Jim
I'm with ya Jim :cool:
The flak is from younger guys that follow trends :rolleyes: I could give a shit about "whats in"....
The boat was flaked originally and will return to its oroginal Glory :)
I used to like flames (back when they weren't so popular). With this popularity its not unheard of to see flames on pt cruisers, mini vans, and wakeboard boats. IMO, flames belong on street rods, funny cars and anything with way too much horsepower not the opposite.... :notam:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-24-2006, 11:32 AM
The metal flake will be really cool. I think it's sweet when you see something "old school" on a new setup.
My dad's 64' Hallett was originally red metal flake, but has since been painted over. I keep telling him to take it back to metal flake.
Why not restore the Hondo?
I'm doing old school with an old school set up. :boxed: Its amazing that the "old set up" from 1970 or so is still top gun today! :cool:
The Hondo's perfect the way it is. I don't have to worry about scratching it, its been very dependable and can go anywhere in any water. :cool:

lilrick
05-24-2006, 11:50 AM
I'd like to have a dukes of hazard general lee paint scheme and a starsky and hutch boat! :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I'd like to have a dukes of hazard general lee paint scheme and a starsky and hutch boat! :D
You watch too much tv... :D

Roaddogg 4040
05-24-2006, 02:38 PM
I bought that motor from Tom Buckles as is. It was one of Lance Faulkners K motors originally. Its a 496 with brodix heads, 8-71 blower, Hilborn injector, carillo rods....The best part is, it came with a 100,000 mile Pfaff warranty! That also includes technical and tuning support by Gordon Jennings no matter where I go or how often. :D Its making a conservative 1,100 hp so I can get acclamated with out too much diff :messedup: iculty.
Ya can't go wrong with that kind of warrarrrrrrrrrnteeeeeeeee....
Thanks for the info...
Steve

MAXIMUS
05-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Listen homo get back in the basement! :notam:

Sanger D
05-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Hey jerry? do you happen to have any pics of my boat when Jenkel owned it? ( it was yellow with a brown METALIC ass end,and some beige on it!) I might do it back the way it was supposed to be,MAYBE, would be kinda cool.but I have no pics of how it looked. thanks

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Hey jerry? do you happen to have any pics of my boat when Jenkel owned it? ( it was yellow with a brown METALIC ass end,and some beige on it!) I might do it back the way it was supposed to be,MAYBE, would be kinda cool.but I have no pics of how it looked. thanks
I'm not sure, if I run across any I'll let you know.

pro53
09-11-2007, 06:03 AM
This is Gordon Jennings (http://www.v-drivevideo.com/samples/video1.wmv) running kilos at La Paz Park in a Hondo sprint. The plan was to up the K (and PS) Kilo record with this boat. The record at that time was held by a Hondo sprint. They ran it into the mid 140's with the k motor before switching to the revenge hull used to set the 146 record.
So is the Gordon Jennings boat a true flat or a runner bottom?

konajet
09-11-2007, 07:45 AM
the sprints were flats not very many runner bottom circle boats cause they dont turn very good especially at speed, george call ronco or vertex about that advanced lock out on the mag they will be able to tell you about it also :)

pro53
09-11-2007, 07:54 AM
the sprints were flats not very many runner bottom circle boats cause they dont turn very good especially at speed, george call ronco or vertex about that advanced lock out on the mag they will be able to tell you about it also :)
Aaron, yea Ill call them today.Hey it looks like I will ba able to push that Sprint of mine pretty fast when I am done.:D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-11-2007, 08:07 AM
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/normal_v-drive_ads_007.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Vintage%20ads%203.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/XH511T%20001.jpg