PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the clippers...

dmontzsta
05-22-2006, 08:44 PM
are stocked up on bait and have their poles ready? :)

dmontzsta
05-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I guess they could always call Kobe and Lamar to borrow some. ;)
Just got home from work, it's obvious that the Clippers could have used my support tonight.
They will be able to join them, just 7 games later. :D
So are you going to give some credit in my other thread?
:)

Beer Factor
05-22-2006, 08:52 PM
are stocked up on bait and have their poles ready? :)
Break out the powerbait!

GAME TIME
05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I guess they could always call Kobe and Lamar to borrow some. ;)
Just got home from work, it's obvious that the Clippers could have used my support tonight.
Adam has you putting in the OT to get DILLIGAF's boat done? Didn't he know it was game 7? WTF was he thinking making you work? :D

dmontzsta
05-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Credit for what? For not winning a playoff series. Yeah, congrat, way to go. :rolleyes:
Your team overachieved this season. They're a 30-35 win team that managed to get into the playoffs. I gave the Lakers and Phil Jackson credit several times in various threads. I would venture to say that the Lakers will not win as many games next season as they did this season. I think a lot of teams looked past them midway through the season, I don't think it will happen again. I really don't see the Lakers signing anybody notable during free agency and this year's draft is very weak. And before you start blathering on about KG, HE'S NOT A FREE AGENT, WON'T BE IN YOUR LIFETIME AND HASN'T EVEN ASKED FOR A TRADE.
Who said anything about KG?
If the Lakers can land a decent point guard, they are going to impose their will on a lot of teams.

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 08:57 PM
someone please check on tommy-boy, i think he's about ready to jump off the over-pass :cry: "tom, step away from the over-hang, it's ok" - "it's just a game" :argue: ..... a game that you didn't even play in :rolleyes: :rollside: keyes
HAHA...I am OK and not even upset. These opportuities don't come by everyday and it is looking bad for the Clips. Gave up way too many looks from the 3 point line and PHX made them tonight. Clips had a very good year and will be back next year. They will still be looking down at the Lakers sucking their ass. If so, that will be three years running :)

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Tom taking off his warmups just before the last timeout. Look for him to get some minutes in this one. ;)
LOL...They won't let me in :(
By the way...I forgot to drop off thr grills for air flow to the amps. I will bring them by in the morning...hopefully by 8AM

dmontzsta
05-22-2006, 09:01 PM
HAHA...I am OK and not even upset. These opportuities don't come by everyday and it is looking bad for the Clips. Gave up way too many looks from the 3 point line and PHX made them tonight. Clips had a very good year and will be back next year. They will still be looking down at the Lakers sucking their ass. If so, that will be three years running :)
Live in the now, clippers are going to lose and still need to put together another good season and the Lakers are only getting better.
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 09:08 PM
right on, glad to hear you're ok ... i did have dr. phil (the real one) on call waiting, in case you needed him ... now lets get down for some good ole' dodger - vs- giants smack talking, now that's a real rivalry - you ready ?? :rollside:
Naw, the Giants are hanging around but I have no faith in them this year. I already called it for San Diego to win this year. The Giants have to get rid of Bonds to free up some money. He really belongs in the AL as a DH. But I still say: **** LA!
:rollside:

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 09:09 PM
I was knee deep in that thing until late tonight.
Thank you John. I meant to talk to Adam about some mood lighting stuff. Ids it too late for that?

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 09:11 PM
In case you haven't noticed, the Clippers are only getting better too. The differences between the two teams are glaring. The Lakers have ZERO low post game. They are so far away from just needing "a point guard". What's a point guard going to do? Bring the ball inbounds to Kobe and stand at halfcourt? They need a solid low post player, another forward and a legitimate point.
Stop trying to argue with a retard SWB.....lol You will get dragged down :)
You K N O W I am playing, right Don?
:rollside:

Beer Factor
05-22-2006, 09:12 PM
right on, glad to hear you're ok ... i did have dr. phil (the real one) on call waiting, in case you needed him ... now lets get down for some good ole' dodger - vs- giants smack talking, now that's a real rivalry - you ready ?? :rollside:
He has already given up on the Giants. There's no fight left in him after this loss.

dmontzsta
05-22-2006, 09:12 PM
In case you haven't noticed, the Clippers are only getting better too. The differences between the two teams are glaring. The Lakers have ZERO low post game. They are so far away from just needing "a point guard". What's a point guard going to do? Bring the ball inbounds to Kobe and stand at halfcourt? They need a solid low post player, another forward and a legitimate point.
Zero low post?
Odom, Mihm, Brown, Bynum, Turiaf, I think you are mistaken.

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 09:13 PM
ah come on, don't give up on the battery chuckers ??? the padres have no pitching and no power, and plus they too like the clippers are the dodgers little brother :220v: ok, pick the rockies then, i'll let you have them :rollside: keyes
Giants thru my entire life with the Angels a long 2nd team. Colorado? Jeeeezzz....Tell you what give me S Louis and you got a deal.

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Zero low post?
Odom, Mihm, Brown, Bynum, Turiaf, I think you are mistaken.
You see what I mean SWB...Don't get drawn in....lol

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 09:16 PM
He has already given up on the Giants. There's no fight left in him after this loss.
How are the Ducks doing BIACH!
:)

dmontzsta
05-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Say what you want now, lets see what next season brings. You will be more suprised than this year.
BTW: 2 years from now, NOBODY remembers this clippers season.

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 09:22 PM
You're right. Two years from now the Clippers are the dominant team in the Pacific and the Lakers are out of the playoffs. Lamar Odom will likely be on probation or parole. Stephan Marbury will be your PG. Chris Mihm will be a Knick, one of the 11 power forwards on the Knick roster. Luke Walton will be in the Peace Corps. Andrew Bynum will be on one of those reality shows like "800 lbs man" or "Dancing with the Stars". ;)
LOL...One thing that needs corrected...Bynum is actually one of the cast members in Fat Albert. He will return to his cartoon roots :)

GAME TIME
05-22-2006, 09:22 PM
You're right. Two years from now the Clippers are the dominant team in the Pacific and the Lakers are out of the playoffs. Lamar Odom will likely be on probation or parole. Stephan Marbury will be your PG. Chris Mihm will be a Knick, one of the 11 power forwards on the Knick roster. Luke Walton will be in the Peace Corps. Andrew Bynum will be on one of those reality shows like "800 lbs man" or "Dancing with the Stars". ;)
LMAO. That is funny right there. :D

GAME TIME
05-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Off this topic. Did anyone notice when the Cavs lost yesterday, Lebron James just walked off the court? WTF? When Kobe did that people were all over him talking smack about him. Just goes to show that there are a lot of Kobe/Laker haters out there.

GAME TIME
05-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Hard to beat a team that shoots 60% from 3 pt on 25 shots. They shoot 3s like a lot of teams shoot free throws.
True. The only higher percentage was an NBA record 61% and it was against the Lakers in game 7. :cry:

Jyruiz
05-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Off this topic. Did anyone notice when the Cavs lost yesterday, Lebron James just walked off the court? WTF? When Kobe did that people were all over him talking smack about him. Just goes to show that there are a lot of Kobe/Laker haters out there.
Yup, saw that, amazing isn't it.

GAME TIME
05-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Those guys can flat out shoot the rock. Flat out hoist it up. How do you shoot 53% from the floor and lose by 20? That's unbelieveable.
I didn't think they could beat the Clippers. The Clipps played them tough. When they lost game 1 and put up the numbers they did...I was :argue:

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I didn't think they could beat the Clippers. The Clipps played them tough. When they lost game 1 and put up the numbers they did...I was :argue:
I know you bleed Laker colors Joey but you have credibility in my book.

GAME TIME
05-22-2006, 09:36 PM
LeBron did A LOT to hamper his reputation this post season. In the truest sense, he's a huge me guy, like MJ and Kobe and even Magic to an extent. People have gone to great lengths to compare him to MJ, but I think he compares more to Magic.
He does have that fire like MJ though. He does the same stuff on the court, the smack talking and not shaking hands that MJ used to do. Until MJ had won 3 titles, he was not a very nice guy on the court. He became much mellower after he returned from his retirement.
I noticed in one of his media conferences, he said something like..."I didn't even play good and I still had a triple double". Like he was bragging. He is great, but I hope he doesn't think he is the greatest to play the game.

GAME TIME
05-22-2006, 09:39 PM
I know you bleed Laker colors Joey but you have credibility in my book.
Thanks Tom. So I'll be paying my bet this weekend. :cry: And we'll have to do it again next season. Thank God for the river because after b-ball season sports suck until football starts.

Jyruiz
05-22-2006, 09:40 PM
I noticed in one of his media conferences, he said something like..."I didn't even play good and I still had a triple double". Like he was bragging. He is great, but I hope he doesn't think he is the greatest to play the game.
I don't even think he is great yet, 3 seasons in the NBA does not make you great, specially with only making the playoffs once and no rings. The media and everybody is too quick to label good talent now a days. Can he be great? Yes.....will he? Most likely, but till he does something meaningful, he is not great to me.

Chico&Zeus
05-22-2006, 09:41 PM
what's a "clipper" ?? isn't that a really "big" boat ?? :cool:
I always thought they were toe nail clippers...but what do I know???? :)

GAME TIME
05-22-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't even think he is great yet, 3 seasons in the NBA does not make you great, specially with only making the playoffs once and no rings. The media and everybody is too quick to label good talent now a days. Can he be great? Yes.....will he? Most likely, but till he does something meaningful, he is not great to me.
You know what is funny? I actually had "good" typed in and deleted it and put in "great". I was thinking the same thing.

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Make no mistake about it...He has GREAT talent.

Jyruiz
05-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Geez, playa averaged 31/7/7 during the regular season and 30/6/6 during the playoffs. What's a playa got to do to get some love? Kid's 21 years old.
I give him lots of props, phenomenal talent, but not great yet.

DILLIGAF
05-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks Tom. So I'll be paying my bet this weekend. :cry: And we'll have to do it again next season. Thank God for the river because after b-ball season sports suck until football starts.
I hear ya...

Jyruiz
05-22-2006, 09:50 PM
You take a team of has been and ne'er do wells to the 7th game in the second round and you're a great player.
Sorry, not in my book. If he was to retire today, he would not even make the hall of fame. And his team was not as bad as you make it seem, specially playing in the east.

dmontzsta
05-22-2006, 10:12 PM
So during the regular season the clippers are great, now they are has beens and ne'ers? :rolleyes: :p

MayDaze
05-23-2006, 06:44 AM
It's a huge step for a Clipper organization that hasn't had the best of years.. Question is do you think they have the coach to take them to the next level?

Jyruiz
05-23-2006, 07:15 AM
It's a huge step for a Clipper organization that hasn't had the best of years.. Question is do you think they have the coach to take them to the next level?
No.

MayDaze
05-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Mike Dunleavy is not the best game coach, self admittedly, but he gets a lot from his young players. He's also somewhat of a defensive mastermind, as you could plainly tell last night. ;)
You got jokes I like it... I think he needs to stick to the assistant role...

Jyruiz
05-23-2006, 07:21 AM
I can't think of a lot of better coaches without jobs right now.
Probably not, but Dunleavy has not gotton the job done yet, and he has had better teams than this one several times in the past.