PDA

View Full Version : Impeller lead edge question?

rerfert
05-22-2006, 09:00 PM
It looks good but I can catch my finger nail on the leading edge of the impeller...
How straight do they really need to be for a daily driver?
(Pump is stamped Jucuzzi WJ/B) B impeller I'm guessing.
http://www.yumaduners.com/albums/album41/MVC_001F_004.sized.jpg

Cs19
05-22-2006, 09:11 PM
It could definatly be better..Your probably suffering a little bit on the holeshot or maybe the boat isnt getting on plane as quick as it could be.You can most definatly run it that way (seen much much worse) but if you want the most out of your boat you should have that fixed.In some cases just that little but of damage makes a huge difference.The leading edges should be sharp and straight with no dings and there is no reason why you cannot keep your jet in that condition for numerous seasons, you just have to be careful and get in the habit of starting in waist deep water and shutting it off before you approach the beach..
Chris.

watergun4u
05-22-2006, 09:17 PM
not sure if you are talking about the leading edge of the impeller on the rim of the wear ring or if you are talking about the edge of the cutting edges of the impeller, in any case the edge of the impeller on the wear ring looks ok ,but the cutting edges dont look to be in to good of shape, they need to be sharp and straight with no goudges in them to perform right! you can remove it and clean it up , or put in a new one the same size, no need to change if its a full time user!

rerfert
05-22-2006, 09:43 PM
watergun4u
Talking about the cutting edge of the impeller.
I would like to get it in the water and see what it does for now AND probably clean it up a little later.
This is only my second jet boat and the last one was ok (never had one before to compare it too) but I thought it was a little weak out of the hole (First boat was a 19 ft 73 Kona with a Stock 30 over...455 Olds and a Jacuzzi WJ pump)