PDA

View Full Version : Cell Ringtones

MudPumper
05-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Where is a good website to download ringtones??? I've found a couple that look good but you pay like $5-$10 and only get a couple per month and then they automatically charge you every month. I need a site where I can pay for each one and don't have to sign up for anything. Does this exist????

TRUMP TIGHT
05-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Where is a good website to download ringtones??? I've found a couple that look good but you pay like $5-$10 and only get a couple per month and then they automatically charge you every month. I need a site where I can pay for each one and don't have to sign up for anything. Does this exist????
The best way to do it is find someone that has the memmorie chip in there phone they download whatever you want from any online music store or cd then connect with bluetooth and copy or move the file to your phone. Bluetooth would be needed.

NorCal Gameshow
05-22-2006, 11:47 PM
this one's a little different
mustang rev ringtone (http://fordmobile.mqube.us/cars/mustang/Default.aspx)

Outnumbered
05-22-2006, 11:56 PM
I don't get the whole "pay to hear my phone ring" thing so I just use the boring old stock ringer. Ya, I know, I'm no fun :yuk:

socaldj1
05-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I just downloaded the Motorola Phone tools for my wifes new Razor Makes it much easier to move files and pictures back and forth. Also allows contacts and Calendar to sync with Outlook. Now i have to figure it all out!

Boatcop
05-23-2006, 02:17 PM
I use the ringtones to tell who's calling:
Work - "Crazy Train", Ozzy
Wife - "Bitch", Meridith Brooks
Anyone else - "Who can it be now", Men at Work

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-23-2006, 02:30 PM
I use the ringtones to tell who's calling:
Work - "Crazy Train", Ozzy
Wife - "Bitch", Meridith Brooks
Anyone else - "Who can it be now", Men at Work
You really can't go wrong with Men at Work. :D

Legal Chemistry
05-23-2006, 04:41 PM
I can vouch for 3guploads.com I believe if you are WAP enabled you can go directly to their site and upload for free (not sure though)

mbrown2
05-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Get a phone with ITunes built in and just go the MP3 route and pick any song you currently have in your collection.......much simpler then proprietary tools and ringtone sites....plug the phone into the computer, and it sees it as a storage device...just bought a couple of slvr's and they work sweet.

Huckleberry
05-23-2006, 08:16 PM
If you have a music editing software you can use any mp3 as a ringtone. (There are several freewares out there you can download to do it with.) Here's how:
1. Open the song you want with the editing software.
2. Select about a 20-second section of the song and crop it to that section only. You need to limit it to about 20-seconds as the files get too large for most phones, and usually by the time 20-seconds pass, it repeats and then rolls over to voicemail anyway.
3. Save the cropped song, but DO NOT SAVE IT AS A mp3! Before you hit the save button, put a .mid extension on the end of it. For example pimpjuice.mid, and then hit save. The software will still save it as a mp3 file, but with an extension of .mid on the end. This is important, as most phones will not allow you to set an mp3 as a ringtone. They only recognize midi files. You have essentialy fooled your phone into thinking it is a midi file, even though it is still an mp3.
4. Now email the file to your cell phone. If you have Verizon, the easiest way to do this is to email the file to your phone number @vzwpix.com (9091234567@vzwpix.com). This will send it directly to your phone.
5. When you get the file in your phone, save the attachment. Because it is a .mid file, your phone will automatically save it to the ringtone directory.
6. Change your ringtone to the new song as you would with any other ringtone.
Now, that was fairly easy...Wasn't it???

TRUMP TIGHT
05-23-2006, 08:28 PM
I just downloaded the mustang engine rev! Fuk this web site cost me time and money!:)

Essex29
05-23-2006, 08:39 PM
what are some of the programs that can do it?

Perfect Mixer
05-23-2006, 09:11 PM
What kind of phone do you have anyway? If it doesn't play Mp3s what are you looking for. Maybe it's time to trade up. I've had a razor for almost 2 years now. I've been using the mobile phone tools for a while now. I've got a few photos on my computer that I've used for desktops on my phone as well as songs for ring tones. It's easy if you have the phone tools software. The best part is the sync with Outlook.

Essex29
05-23-2006, 09:12 PM
I cut and e-mailed it to my phone, but it doesn't recognize it as a .mid or a ringtone...any ideas?

XtrmWakeborder
05-23-2006, 10:07 PM
3g4free.com I wish i could get "girls" by the beastie boys for when me girlfriend calls. "Girls, to do the dishes. Girls, to clean up my room."

Schmick
05-24-2006, 08:54 AM
I just got mine through the Cingular Website, plays Fight On and sounds good, but Craiguh dont like it, course he has some FOBish Robotech ringer on his Nextel

!#1zero!
05-24-2006, 09:03 AM
My ringtone is candy-iggy pop
and show me how to live-audioslave
I just used sony music box on my motorola razar its pink ;)