PDA

View Full Version : hughes vs gracie this sat

axkiker
05-23-2006, 04:24 AM
So any thoughts on who you all think will win. Are the odds out yet.

NOTALENT
05-23-2006, 05:06 AM
This is going to be one sick fight. It could go either way, but I am hoping on Matt Hughes.

Beer Factor
05-23-2006, 06:21 AM
I think hughes will rough up Gracie.

Charley
05-23-2006, 06:23 AM
My brain chooses Hughes, my heart chooses Gracie

OutCole'd
05-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Totally agree.

axkiker
05-23-2006, 06:37 AM
I second that

Restless22
05-23-2006, 06:55 AM
I think this will be one of the best fights in UFC history!
Both guys are unreal in thier ground game.
Hughes, gets my vote!

Thorsinc
05-23-2006, 07:19 AM
I’d like to see and want Matt to win but Gracie will submit him in the first round.

Daytona100
05-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Gracie,Gracie, Gracie.......Hope he wins.

Caribbean Jet
05-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Not sure who will win, but I bet it will be a quick fight. Someone will be knocked out or submitted. I would like Hughes to win.

OutCole'd
05-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Anyone know if this will be showing anywhere in Havasu this weekend?

Thorsinc
05-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Any prediction on how long the fight will last. I’d guess 2 ½ minuets in the first round-Matts counting sheep.

Ultra5150
05-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Yes at site # 242
I am bringing my box with me, I'm hoping to have it all set up for the fight.
You are more than welcome to come by and join us.

OutCole'd
05-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Yes at site # 242
I am bringing my box with me, I'm hoping to have it all set up for the fight.
You are more than welcome to come by and join us.
Sounds good, I'm in.

moneypit
05-23-2006, 08:13 AM
It will go two rounds IMO. Gracie taps Hughes.
WAR GRACIE!!

Havasu Cig
05-23-2006, 08:38 AM
My money is on Hughes, but Gracie's stand up did look a lot better in the preview show I watched. Should be a good fight.

AirtimeLavey
05-23-2006, 09:17 AM
My money is on Hughes, but Gracie's stand up did look a lot better in the preview show I watched. Should be a good fight.
Yep, saw that show last night, and Gracie's been working on his standup. Gracie fought when it was he had to face all dif. weight classes, and 3 -4 fights a night! As much as I like Hughes, I think Gracie will win it. I don't think it will go as quick as some are saying, though.

Wyoming
05-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Hughes is too strong.... He'll knock out Gracie in the 2nd, I hope I don't care much for Gracie & am a big Hughes fan!

XtrmWakeborder
05-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Hughes wins no contest. How old is Gracie btw? I think the only guy who has a chance to beat him is St. Pierre

Totally IncapASSitated
05-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Hughes will pound Gracie and it will be over early in round 2!!!
Gracie was the man back in his day, but he is far from his day and the UFC has evolved a lot (fighters being well-rounded in more disciplines of MMA) since then.

bignet
05-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Any prediction on how long the fight will last. I’d guess 2 ½ minuets in the first round-Matts counting sheep.
Was up Rancho! Good to see another Rancho head in the HB forums....
Oh yeah,.... I think Hughes' youth will get him the win, eventhough I've followed Gracie for years...by the way, is he wearing the Gie (spelling?) like he usually does?
:crossx:
bignet

jet4fun
05-24-2006, 12:10 AM
hughes, has it unless gracie gets him in a hold. then i think hes done......... that being said, i dont really see how its fighting if all you do is get a guy in a submisson hold and leave him there till its over.... thats not fighting

LLGirl
05-24-2006, 04:43 AM
jet4fun, if it was just guys punching each other, it would be boxing. There's no purer way to end a fight skillfully then with the other guy snoring. Submissions even the playing field in a fight. That said, I'm not a hughes fan, but I think he wins this one. I see a decision, possibly one sided, in favor of Hughes. Would love to see royce pull one out of his hat though.

cc555
05-24-2006, 06:14 AM
GRACIE, has a great chin, and is extremely crafty and patient... HUGHES, is way to strong and way to fast for G.. gracie lays and waits for the (catch). MH stand up unreal speed-he chokes peeps out standing up!! G will take it to the floor G=smarts/patience... MH=strength/speed/extreme drive.. MH WINS....

Havasu Cig
05-24-2006, 08:36 AM
hughes, has it unless gracie gets him in a hold. then i think hes done......... that being said, i dont really see how its fighting if all you do is get a guy in a submisson hold and leave him there till its over.... thats not fighting
I don't know how you can say that. I was involved in a street fight a couple of weeks ago that went to the ground and ended with me choking the guy out. I was standing and he was face down on the ground out cold. If you don't submit you either go out, or sustain some damage.

dmontzsta
05-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Hughes should be able to take him, the dude is relentless and does not give up.

GrapeApe
05-24-2006, 08:49 AM
I don't know how you can say that. I was involved in a street fight a couple of weeks ago that went to the ground and ended with me choking the guy out. I was standing and he was face down on the ground out cold. If you don't submit you either go out, or sustain some damage.
Aren't you to old to be street fighting.. :D I tell myself that all the time, but still end up with some young punk in my face thinking he is going to kick my Ass.. :boxingguy
I agree, most fights end up on the ground. So if you know how to end it quick, you have the upper hand. I'm to big to bounce around and try and "Box" someone..
*** Grape Ape ***

jet4fun
05-24-2006, 09:06 AM
i guess i just enjoy watching some damage. i totally agree that the submission holds will end a fight successfully, i just like to watch people beat the shit out of eachother until they get knocked-the-f out, apparently i'm a sick ****... by the way, what the hell you gettin in street fights for? you been hangin out with the fight club, or can you not talk about it

Ultra5150
05-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Tap out - or pass out
I love watching a good ground technician submit a guy with an arm bar or a traingle choke. with that said; I hate the guys who just smother someone on the ground the entire fight without trying to submit or ground n pounding them.

Havasu Cig
05-24-2006, 11:21 AM
A guy that had been drinking came into our business yelling and screaming about gas prices. My dad, who is old and has one leg and can't see to well told him to calm down. This guy who was in his late 30's and was kind of a big construction looking guy gets in my dad's face and pushes him. I stepped in and the guy punched me in the face. I took him to the ground and was really wanting to land some elbows on his face to do some damage, but he was covering his face with both arms. His neck was open and I took it. A little pressure on the corotid arteries and it was over. He woke up not knowing what had happened.
He is actually lucky that there about 20 people standing around watching or I might have gotten in a few extra shots. I was a little pissed. I told his wife to get him off my property and she did. :mad:
And you guys are right about being to old. I was a little sore after wrestling with this guy who was about 6'2" and about 250 pounds. :)

unleashed
05-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Ok, Where can we see the fight at Saturday night in Havasu???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

LaveyOne
05-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Speaking of this fight ...
I have four tickets that I won't be able to use. I bought them pre-sale for $400.00 each. If anyone is interested in taking them for a discounted HB $$$, PM me. I can split them up also.
P.S. - Sorry for the SPAM. :p