PDA

View Full Version : Where did the Genesis and Tom Papp threads go?

THOR
05-23-2006, 06:03 AM
They were here yesterday.......... :)

Beer Factor
05-23-2006, 06:14 AM
vanished!

JetBoatRich
05-23-2006, 07:25 AM
The Papp thread was headed no where good in a hurry :yuk:

Jordy
05-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Must have been a bad day for threads around here as the original Prepared Statement thread is gone too... :rolleyes: :notam:

OutCole'd
05-23-2006, 07:31 AM
I believe the originator deleted the Tom Papp thread.
Smart move.

me4drvr
05-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Why is it a smart move?? If a provider is not performing to satisfaction, is this not the place to warn other boaters?? In any industry, if you are good at what you do and provide the service promised, you will be hailed upon and you business will thrive. If you provide crap service or products, you will sqwander in the shadows of cheats and shady business. I personally model the service and pride in my work. Is this not a place to warn without slander or libel? I know that things can go wrong quick on here, but knowing who has had good and bad experiences helps many of us direct our choices. Just my .02 about deleting informative threads. Not bashing threads... those should go bye bye. We all know the boating industry is straight forward and honest right :)

Cas
05-23-2006, 08:38 AM
I can agree with you to a point but without being able to read both sides of the story, it's tough for anyone to make an educated decision. Personally, I didn't think WOT did any bashing and was only looking for some additional advice. I can also understand his frustration of wanting to get his new to him boat on the water.
The problem is people start taking sides and it's inevitable that it's going to turn into a bash bowl......I've learned that from first hand experience :D

Jbb
05-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Cutting Edge Marine ...was late in delivering my Battery Box.... :mad: ...RD SUX!.... :p

me4drvr
05-23-2006, 09:02 AM
But if a company has more bashing than positives, shouldn't the buyer beware?? I know that when I used to have smaller boats I used to be treadted like a stepchild, not saying that my current boat is a bling sling, but I consider it nice for me. But get treated much differently with a 6figure boat now.

OutCole'd
05-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Why is it a smart move?? If a provider is not performing to satisfaction, is this not the place to warn other boaters?? In any industry, if you are good at what you do and provide the service promised, you will be hailed upon and you business will thrive. If you provide crap service or products, you will sqwander in the shadows of cheats and shady business. I personally model the service and pride in my work. Is this not a place to warn without slander or libel? I know that things can go wrong quick on here, but knowing who has had good and bad experiences helps many of us direct our choices. Just my .02 about deleting informative threads. Not bashing threads... those should go bye bye. We all know the boating industry is straight forward and honest right :)
I just meant "smart move" because if someone was building my motor and I posted a thread like this when I still hoped to take delivery, I'm not sure what kind of motor I would have recieved in the long run.
I agree this is a great place to warn people about shady business practices, I just would make sure I had either the motor or my money back before I did.
Just my own opinion, that's all.

me4drvr
05-23-2006, 09:11 AM
I see your point of view, kinda like sending back a steak that the chef thought was prepared to perfection, then getting a second one with "special" sauce :yuk:

OutCole'd
05-23-2006, 09:13 AM
I see your point of view, kinda like sending back a steak that the chef thought was prepared to perfection, then getting a second one with "special" sauce :yuk:
Exactly!!!!! LMAO.

Cas
05-23-2006, 09:21 AM
In regards to Tom Papp, I have seen nothing but positives for many years around these boards and others. I have never used him or his shop mostly due to the distance apart. It would be a shame for 2 or 3 people to destroy a biz when hundreds of others have had a great experience.
I have yet to see any company have a 100% satisfaction from all their customers....sh*t happens and there is always at least 2 sides to every story.

Lightning
05-23-2006, 09:47 AM
I've used Tom in the past and will continue to use him in the future, he does excellent work and has always treated me more then fair. I did not read the original thread so I don't know the details. What I do know is that Tom is a stand up guy who is very well respected in the industry by boater and builders.