PDA

View Full Version : !!!Trident Boats - Test ride - WOW!!!

Lightning
05-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Well I finally got to go for a ride on the Revolution this past weekend and all I can say is WOW - what an awesome ride! GrapeApe and I met up with Wes at Martinez Lake last weekend. I had to move my boat to a new storage unit and Wes invited us out on his boat. I know alot about the boat, but I have not ridden in it, I was seriously impressed.
The layout is perfect, the details and everywhere. There was no bowrise on takeoff and you couldn't feel a difference in holeshot when there was 5 people in the boat or 12 people in the boat. The boat turns on a dime, and actually leans into a turn like a v-bottom boat. The ramp in the front is killer. It actually blocks a lot of the wind coming into the boat when under way. The walk around rear swim step is perfect. Oh, and the motor sounds bad ass - twin turbos rule!
We pulled up to the sandbar and it wasn't long (30 seconds) until a crowd gathered around to check it out. It was somewhat comical acutally. The tunes were playing, within 2 minutes there was 6 girls on the front of the boat dancing and 6 guys at the back of the boat checking out the motor. Later in the day when we pulled into the cove for cocktail hour and more dance party - people were actually swimming over to the boat to get on it and check it out.
So a big thanks to Wes and Audrey for letting me tag along for the day - hopefuly we can do it again soon.

ROZ
05-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Looked to me like there were more than 6 chicks on the boat..(saw the pics yesterday). The new ramp looks absolutely sick as well!
Whish I could afford one :D

Froggystyle
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
That was a seriously fun day.
I was glad to see you guys made it out to the boat and got to get some rides and such.
Altogether, it was one of the better days in Martinez. We had a blast.
We will see you guys soon I am sure.

Froggystyle
05-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Looked to me like there were more than 6 chicks on the boat..(saw the pics yesterday). The new ramp looks absolutely sick as well!
Whish I could afford one :D
When are you coming out with us Chris????

Mandelon
05-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I better jump on this bandwagon too. I briefly was Wes and Audrey on Saturday morning, as they were heading up river. We chatted briefly and agreed to meet up later. We checked out the Stone Cabin and then found at spot at the big sand bar.
Wes came back later in the Trident on his way down to get Lightning and GrapeApe.... I feel like I'm talking about cartoon characters here...LOL We saw them at the end of the day down at Martinez' version of Copper Canyon. Everyone calls it Clear Lake, but its not marked on any maps that I've seen. As we pulled up we could see there was a ton of people on board, and the party was on deck.
Whenever the Revolution went by the distinctive motor sound stood out. As it accelerates away, you can hear the turbos spool up. Different sounding, but very cool. It passed with the rooster tail up. That thing throws up a seriously sick double wide wall of water.
The next time I saw it was on Sunday morning. We had our kids and my wife's parents with us. We'd gotten off to a late start so it was maybe 10:30 when we hit the water. As we leave the marina we head up river, its maybe a mile, then the river makes a right turn. As soon as I came around that bend, I could see it. The bright orange and purple graphics really stand out on the sides of those tall sponsons. We parked nearby, with some effort. My Lavey isn't the best for shallow water, even trimmed up the skeg drags pretty low.
Little by little groups of people came to check out the Revolution. I hadn't seen it since its early stages of development. Actually I think I only saw the plug. so I was curious to climb on board as well. Being hull #1, there were some fit and finish items that they have improved since, but overall the boat was really sweet.
There is a ton of room on deck, and the sound system is amazing. I finally got my ride middday Sunday. The river was warm and not too crowded. 4 of us motored off the sand bar and then blasted upriver. There is very little "getting out of the hole" feeling, It is like its already up and going immediately. No wallow, no climbing up on top. The acceleration is like riding in a musclecar. It just hits hard. The motor growls, and you are suddenly moving very quickly. There was no turbo lag at all. The turbos sound awesome from on board, and they make a cool sound when you let off the accelerator, as they release the excess pressure through a relief valve.
I'd say Wes has done really well putting everything together. It is solid, fast and performs well. It sucked up whatever wakes we could find like butter on hot toast. It is original in so many ways, and improves upon the existing in many others. I have no doubt further testing, tuning and rigging improvements will really make this a contender.
A Seadoo it ain't.
RB

JB in so cal
05-24-2006, 05:28 PM
When are you coming out with us Chris????
who you talking about :)
http://www.papernapkin.com/b_pt_detail/cl.gif