PDA

View Full Version : Selling boats?

dcb carrera
08-25-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm thinking of selling my Mach 26 and Carrera and buying a DCB Extreme 28 with a Paul Pfaff 800 HP EFI engine. What do you think my top speed would be I'm hoping at least 90 mph. What does everybody think of a 28 Howard Bullet? I doubt I would jump ship just curious of everyone's opinion.

BoatFloating
08-25-2003, 08:52 AM
I know that Howard Bullet runs very nice and stong with Power. I don't know the DCB that well with power, but the Bullet should see 90's with the Teague, IMHO.....

roln 20s
08-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Once you ride and look at the Howard Bullet, you will be sold. Absolutely awesome boat. Build quality, fit and finish is TOP notch, and customer service is great too (don't own one, but talk to them frequently cuz I want one :D )
Boy will that boat run. Call up Gene at Howard and I'm sure he can get you a ride in the Bullet that recently won Powerboat Mag Sportboat of the year (the one with the turbo charged motor). I think its stored at Howard, but the owner is nearby. I believe his name on these boards is "Hammerdown". Talk to "CBudge" also, owner of the 28 all yellow Bullet that was at the LA Show this year with 1000+ HP Pfaff. He previously had the 28 bullet that was at the 2001 show with the 900 HP Pfaff!
Everything out of that facility is show quality with performance that is tough, if possible, to match IMO.
Check them out, you will be glad you did.
Tell Gene that Patrick spoke very highly on the bullet, he'll know me.
Roln 20s

mbrown2
08-25-2003, 09:51 AM
The tests the DCB did 75 with an HP500, and 85 with an 800HP Teague from Hot Boat tests....check with Flying V to see what he is getting...
IMO...I think the Bullett maybe faster, but I like the look of the Extreme...it is a very tough decision, and one that might be easier after driving them...

MissHavasuCig
08-25-2003, 09:52 AM
roln 20s:
Everything out of that facility is show quality with performance that is tough, if possible, to match IMO.
We've heard great things about Howard Boats too! :cool:
Another option is to see if you can get a hull from them and have WCRM rig it for you... you know for sure what that quality is like! wink

roln 20s
08-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Another option is to see if you can get a hull from them and have WCRM rig it for you... you know for sure what that quality is like!
Actually, I have talked to Gene about getting the cat hull and having WCRM (tony) rig it. He has done that for other customers on the cats also, and I can't imagine him having any problem doing it for the Bullet, specially since he does know Tony and his quality of work. I actually think they get help from some custom rigging shop (to Howards precise specs) during the busy parts of the year- you order a bullet today, you can wait until Nov to pick it up! WCRM might be a great option! Talk to Tony!
Roln 20s

BoatFloating
08-25-2003, 10:00 AM
roln 20s:
Once you ride and look at the Howard Bullet, you will be sold. Absolutely awesome boat. Build quality, fit and finish is TOP notch, and customer service is great too (don't own one, but talk to them frequently cuz I want one :D )
Boy will that boat run. Call up Gene at Howard and I'm sure he can get you a ride in the Bullet that recently won Powerboat Mag Sportboat of the year (the one with the turbo charged motor). I think its stored at Howard, but the owner is nearby. I believe his name on these boards is "Hammerdown". Talk to "CBudge" also, owner of the 28 all yellow Bullet that was at the LA Show this year with 1000+ HP Pfaff. He previously had the 28 bullet that was at the 2001 show with the 900 HP Pfaff!
Check them out, you will be glad you did.
Tell Gene that Patrick spoke very highly on the bullet, he'll know me.
Roln 20s The name of the guy that owns the turbo Bullet on line is Killer V. He will be at Havasu for Labor day if you want to see it.

roln 20s
08-25-2003, 10:35 AM
The name of the guy that owns the turbo Bullet on line is Killer V. Yeah, thats what I meant :D
Roln 20s

dcb carrera
08-25-2003, 12:10 PM
What do you guys think of the canopys on the Extreme. A buddy saw the Extreme Dave built with the canopys last week in Havasu and said it looked great. Mbrown2 is your boat getting any closer to being done? That's going to be one nice looking boat.

mbrown2
08-25-2003, 12:22 PM
dcb/carrera:
What do you guys think of the canopys on the Extreme. A buddy saw the Extreme Dave built with the canopys last week in Havasu and said it looked great. Mbrown2 is your boat getting any closer to being done? That's going to be one nice looking boat. I personally like the canopies...Boat is moving along...hopefully done by the 19th...can't wait...

FastTimmy
08-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Sand bar junkies friend Jamie has a 28 extreme. I think it was even the one they did the hot boat test on. He has a teague 800 in it.

CEO
08-26-2003, 05:37 PM
mb2, I love the graphics on your new rig. I can't imagine how you're feeling now with the boat being done just days away.....I need to get the graphics and color schemes going on mine. Then I have to wait until.. shit a long time.
Oh well I guess it's better not to be in a hurry.
But I want mine NOW, Dave! CEO

mbrown2
08-26-2003, 06:02 PM
CEOinSoCal:
I can't imagine how you're feeling now with the boat being done just days away.....Feeling like I am going to spend a ton-o-money on gas breaking those motors in.....You play, you pay... :D

dcb carrera
08-26-2003, 06:56 PM
What's the top speed with a 800hp in it. In a Mach 26 I would guess around 108 mph.

mbrown2
08-26-2003, 08:26 PM
108 would be about right...however they tested one with back in 1999 with a 740, and an extension box at 112....I would think between 105-110...

Havasu Cig
08-27-2003, 08:00 AM
mbrown2:
108 would be about right...however they tested one with back in 1999 with a 740, and an extension box at 112....I would think between 105-110... The one they tested in 99 was running a regular Bravo (non-xr) and had no extension box. With an xr 108 is about right. Actually someone on the boards bought that mach without power. It was the first stern drive mach 26.

mbrown2
08-27-2003, 08:30 AM
Cig, you correct about the one with the 740 running 108, but Powerboat tested it and it did have a WPM Stand-Off box...look at DCB's site for the write....
I am confused about Hot Boat 1999 tests though...they list a 26 that they tested in 1999 on this site, but they don't list the motor size, and it says top speed 112, maybe it was a bigger Teague motor and I got the boats confused... :confused:

Havasu Cig
08-27-2003, 10:12 AM
The one I am talking about was in ***boat. White w/ purple graphics. It was running a Teague 740 with a standard bravo 1 and no box. It was on the cover.
The boat was recently sold to a person on this site, but I don't remember who it was. Tony had the motor out of that boat at his shop for a while. The original owner now has a Playcraft pontoon boat.
The XR definitely takes some speed away. The regular Bravo Machs were faster, but the drives would not stay together. That is one of the reasons dave talked me into the O/B Mach before our I/O. This was before the Xr was available.

dcb carrera
08-27-2003, 05:05 PM
If I'm reading this right a 800 HP Paul Pfaff engine in a 28 Extreme will only go 85 mph. Is that right? It seems awful slow. I probably should call Dave. I'm trying to put has much drama as I can here I know everybody likes it :D