PDA

View Full Version : Simple plan for this weekend.

Kiddunot
05-23-2006, 02:52 PM
If you choose to drink and drive, too which i hope you wouldnt, be careful and make smart choices. Get to your location of choice. park boat and have fun. stop drinking 3 hours before you decide to leave. Drive SAFELY back to launch ramp, while in route dont attract to much attention. (At this time cops love attention.) Get boat on trailer safely, drive home and park vehicle and continue on partying as much as you want. It is always best to have a designated driver out on the water. There have been to many deaths in the past couple of years due to people being intoxicated. Be careful and think about the other family and boating friends on the water. Everyone have fun out there.

thumbs
05-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Well put.
Since I don't drink much, maybe 2 or 3 beer throughout the day I'm always the DD.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-23-2006, 03:12 PM
I married a designated driver. My hubby no drinky! :rollside:

Boatcop
05-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Well put.
Since I don't drink much, maybe 2 or 3 beer throughout the day I'm always the DD.
Only on ***boat is a Designated Driver defined as someone who only has "2 or 3 beers".
The concept is that the DD refrain from drinking ANY alcoholic beverages.

RiverDave
05-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Only on ***boat is a Designated Driver defined as someone who only has "2 or 3 beers".
Only on ***boat is it also the case that those preaching the most are usually the most shitfaced out there.. LOL Not saying this guy becuase I dunno him, but the rest of them :rolleyes: Atleast I was honest about the times I was drinking n driving. ;) and on top of which I don't think I ever did it unsafely. (read that idling home from thar) here we go drinking and driving part 113.. ;) :D
RD

91nordic29
05-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Well put.
2 or 3 in a day wouldnt make you intoxicated

thumbs
05-23-2006, 03:53 PM
I see your point.
I'll stick to my norm and not drink at all. But do you think I would be intoxicated if I drank 1 beer every 3 or 4 hours over a 10 hour period?

Boatcop
05-23-2006, 04:03 PM
I see your point.
I'll stick to my norm and not drink at all. But do you think I would be intoxicated if I drank 1 beer every 3 or 4 hours over a 10 hour period?
Can't say. But one or two usually leads to more.
After all, everyone I've ever arrested for DUI/OUI only had 2 beers. :)

MagicMtnDan
05-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Only on ***boat is it also the case that those preaching the most are usually the most shitfaced out there
:rolleyes:

coolchange
05-23-2006, 04:22 PM
The thought of going to the river on Memorial day makes me go to my room and lock the door and crawl under the covers.

XTRM22
05-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah but they didn't mention that they were great Freakin big beers! :)
Chuck

thumbs
05-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Not in my case. One means one, two means two and three means three. Thanks for assuming I'm like some of the folks that you have arrested. :rolleyes:

JB in so cal
05-23-2006, 04:37 PM
That's also what Richie Cunningham told his dad and the Fonz :)

Kiddunot
05-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Riverdave you dont know me(I'm not being defensive), however ask Nord, he will tell you all about me. Boatcop however is right.....one beer leads to more, especially if you are sitting on a beach in 120 degree weather for 6 -8 hours.

Nord
05-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Riverdave you dont know me(I'm not being defensive), however ask Nord, he will tell you all about me. Boatcop however is right.....one beer leads to more, especially if you are sitting on a beach in 120 degree weather for 6 -8 hours.
Don't bring me into this ;) :cool:

Kiddunot
05-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Had to include you in something, :)

voodoomedman
05-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Be responsible out there. I love the taste of an ice cold Corona when we get to our first stop on the lake. Then we are there for an hour or two before going to the next stop. I also drink water and gatorade and have food. If I choose to start drinking and getting a buzz then it is when someone like my father in law or someone who knows how to operate a boat safely and hasn't been drinking gets the pleasure of driving the Ultra so I can get the pleasure of drinking. Nothing wrong with drinking just don't get behind the wheel if you are intoxicated. Just Saturday night my brother and his buddies were hit by a drunk driver. The irony is that they were with a designated driver. Anway the guys Ranger flipped and caught fire and he is dead. Thank God it wasn't the other way around as it usually is. Still though 4 of them had to go to the hospital and my brother has among his cuts and bruises and swollen eye and face a broken arm and broken jaw. Lord help the drunken idiot who hit's my boat or car especially with my wife and son in it.............

MONEYFURNOTHIN
05-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Also some friendly advice for my hot boat friends. I know that nobody on ***boat drinks while boating...... but just in cast there is anyone on here that like's to have a few cold beverages during the day while boating. Here would be my "friends" advice to you...
1) Dont do anything that would give LE a reason to make contact with you
A) Make sure your cf/az numbers are legal and your reg. is current. You will surely be kicking yourself in the azz if you have your new sticker in your truck and get stopped for that only to have the officer say... i stopped you because your reg in not current..... had anything to drink today?
B) Dont have anyone laying on your engine hatch or hanging off the front of your boat while your moving (under power). Again just another reason for LE to to make contact with you, and i think we all see this all the time.
C) How about this havabrew classic. Try not having the hot piece of azz on your boat flashing the boys in the channel as you crusie threw buzzed thinking "im the man". We all enjoy this but maybe wait till your not in danger of the "we stopped you because of the naked girl in the bow of your boat....say sir.. have you been drinking!
D) How about the 19ft roll bar boat with 25 people on it. Yeah i dont think i need to eloborate on this one... however a fun stop to watch!
These are just a FEW of my "friends" suggestions on how not to get an oui! Obviously not drinking is the easiest way... however not very fun! Feel free to add any or your favorite bonehead moves!

HavasuSelect
05-24-2006, 06:30 AM
Also some friendly advice for my hot boat friends. I know that nobody on ***boat drinks while boating...... but just in cast there is anyone on here that like's to have a few cold beverages during the day while boating. Here would be my "friends" advice to you...
1) Dont do anything that would give LE a reason to make contact with you
A) Make sure your cf/az numbers are legal and your reg. is current. You will surely be kicking yourself in the azz if you have your new sticker in your truck and get stopped for that only to have the officer say... i stopped you because your reg in not current..... had anything to drink today?
B) Dont have anyone laying on your engine hatch or hanging off the front of your boat while your moving (under power). Again just another reason for LE to to make contact with you, and i think we all see this all the time.
C) How about this havabrew classic. Try not having the hot piece of azz on your boat flashing the boys in the channel as you crusie threw buzzed thinking "im the man". We all enjoy this but maybe wait till your not in danger of the "we stopped you because of the naked girl in the bow of your boat....say sir.. have you been drinking!
D) How about the 19ft roll bar boat with 25 people on it. Yeah i dont think i need to eloborate on this one... however a fun stop to watch!
These are just a FEW of my "friends" suggestions on how not to get an oui! Obviously not drinking is the easiest way... however not very fun! Feel free to add any or your favorite bonehead moves!
That one happened to me last Memorial, believe me not fun, especially when you're 20 feet from putting your boat on the trailer.

99 232 baja
05-24-2006, 06:44 AM
When out with the family on the lake,I only take 3 beers with me on the boat,that way I can't get drunk ,seeing I am on the lake for 8hrs+.