PDA

View Full Version : Where is Lost lake?

Statue
05-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Getting a little burned out on havasu and all the giant boats and rough water. I have read that a lot of you go to lost lake somewhere near Blythe I believe? Just wondering what the facilities and location are like as well. I have never been below the Parker strip.
Thanks

*BN*
05-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Near San Felipe. :220v:

BUSBY
05-23-2006, 04:46 PM
between Blythe and Parker ... if I were you, I would try out Big River or Blythe as well ...

purrfecttremor
05-23-2006, 06:22 PM
We use to love lost lake for jet boats but ya really have to be carefull and get to know the river there. Nice camogrounds and great races on fri. and sat. nights with a nice area to watch from.Between Blyth and Parker as said above.

shueman
05-23-2006, 07:01 PM
You can stay in Blythe and take trailer north to Mayflower or Aha Quin, or south to Mcyntire. Drove through last April, but have not been on the water in some years. Used to like Mcyntire alot....nobody south of you for miles until you reach Palo Verde.

NautiTwins
05-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Lost Lake is below Parker. Mcintrye is where we have been going lately. Nicer camp grounds, no dirt. Those damn golf carts at LL cruising around all night can get a little annoying, and they throw alot of dust in the air. You are probably better off going to Big River. The only problem there is there are not a lot of places to tent camp. You have to have an RV>

GunninGopher
05-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Lost Lake is below Parker. Mcintrye is where we have been going lately. Nicer camp grounds, no dirt. Those damn golf carts at LL cruising around all night can get a little annoying, and they throw alot of dust in the air. You are probably better off going to Big River. The only problem there is there are not a lot of places to tent camp. You have to have an RV>
FYI - I called Big River yesterday and they said that the only places that have RV hookups on that stretch of the river are Lost Lake and Twin Palms...

'76Southwind
05-24-2006, 01:19 PM
It's located just south of twin palms. I put in there last year for $2 killer flat water for miles, but you've gotta know the river, shallows, unmarked trees, etc.

NautiTwins
05-24-2006, 01:50 PM
FYI - I called Big River yesterday and they said that the only places that have RV hookups on that stretch of the river are Lost Lake and Twin Palms...
Um, OK??? I have not stayed at to many places on that stretch of the river. However I am pretty sure that BR RV park has hook ups and the one just above them has hook ups as well. I just dont get why people go there, it is so rocky and choppy during the weekends. I think people would be better off going to Parker and Havasu for the weekend. The camping sucks on that part of the river. LOL

79Challenger
05-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't know about about Big River, but if you put your boat in the water at Twin Palms it had better be a jet!

GunninGopher
05-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Um, OK??? I have not stayed at to many places on that stretch of the river. However I am pretty sure that BR RV park has hook ups and the one just above them has hook ups as well. I just dont get why people go there, it is so rocky and choppy during the weekends. I think people would be better off going to Parker and Havasu for the weekend. The camping sucks on that part of the river. LOL
I'm just quoting what they told me. I drove through big river last year and remember that they all seemed to be semi permanant. Maybe you saw some sites that hadn't been occupied.
No problem with that Challenger, I've got a jet. I'm going to be at Lost Lake on the 4th of July Weekend, and maybe we'll check some of the places.

n8dawg
05-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Getting a little burned out on havasu and all the giant boats and rough water. I have read that a lot of you go to lost lake somewhere near Blythe I believe? Just wondering what the facilities and location are like as well. I have never been below the Parker strip.
Thanks
Try all the above!! We got hooked on Lost Lake from Nautitwins and his wife. We like camping there and the lagoon makes it real easy to launch the boat. It's a big stretch of river lots to see and nice beaches. Memorial weekend should see alot of racing action.
Just a personal tip: We launched at Hidden Beaches (south of Lost Lake) the water there was really shallow, the ramp sucked had to use the 4-wheel drive cause the ramp had a freakin' 1 1/2 foot drop off on the end. It was a waste of our time.

Cs19
05-24-2006, 08:26 PM
It's located just south of twin palms. I put in there last year for $2 killer flat water for miles, but you've gotta know the river, shallows, unmarked trees, etc.
We had a trailer at Ranchos for a loooong time. We had the last lot on the south end of Ranchos..If you spent any time there im sure you came to a few of our parties. Ranchos rocks.
Chris.