PDA

View Full Version : Rescue My Boat

Mangy Dog
05-23-2006, 05:38 PM
I need some advice / suggestions on how to retrieve a boat from dry dock. The water under the boat has receded, and the boat is stuck on the lift.
Has anyone heard of any suggestions for this?
:cry:

mike37
05-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I need some advice / suggestions on how to retrieve a boat from dry dock. The water under the boat has receded, and the boat is stuck on the lift.
have it lifted out on to your trailer and hale it to the water that way

Jordy
05-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Crane, or even a big rough terrain forklift if you could get one in there. Other than that, how about a big helicopter???

Mandelon
05-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Build a giant bathtub on big wheels. :idea:

572Daytona
05-23-2006, 06:02 PM
What kind of lift? Can the lift be pushed or towed to deeper water to float the boat?

JetBoatRich
05-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Build a giant bathtub on big wheels. :idea:
or mini Panama Canal :rolleyes:

lalhc
05-23-2006, 06:25 PM
How far is it dry-docked? You're probably going to need a crane.

Jordy
05-23-2006, 06:27 PM
How far is it dry-docked? You're probably going to need a crane.
I already said crane. You have to come up with something else. :D :D :D
For example, you could suggest that he build a big retaining wall/swimming pool style holding tank in front of the boat, fill it up with water, get in the boat and have your buddy pull the handle to release the water. With enough water it will float the boat back in the tidal wave to the main body of water you're trying to reach. :D :D :D

AZJD
05-23-2006, 06:30 PM
How about a crane? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Jordy
05-23-2006, 06:32 PM
How about a crane? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
What the fock do you think a long necked, skinny AZJD legged looking bird is going to do to help get a boat back into the water??? :D :D :D
http://www.shoarns.com/Crane%203.jpg

Mandelon
05-23-2006, 06:36 PM
put it back on the trailer....how far out is the water? Drive under there and get it....

AZJD
05-23-2006, 06:38 PM
What the fock do you think a long necked, skinny AZJD legged looking bird is going to do to help get a boat back into the water??? :D :D :D
http://www.shoarns.com/Crane%203.jpg
Now thats pretty funny, I will give you that.
Just hook it to the truck and punch it.....it helps if your drunk though!

Jordy
05-23-2006, 06:39 PM
I already said crane. You have to come up with something else. :D :D :D
For example, you could suggest that he build a big retaining wall/swimming pool style holding tank in front of the boat, fill it up with water, get in the boat and have your buddy pull the handle to release the water. With enough water it will float the boat back in the tidal wave to the main body of water you're trying to reach. :D :D :D
Shit, I almost forgot the most important part. Before you get into the boat, you have to hand your buddy your beer while proclaiming "Hold my beer and watch this!!!" Then he pulls the lever. Otherwise it will never work. :D

Outnumbered
05-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Does it look something like this:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/973Easter_005.jpg

shueman
05-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Pray for rain....

Outnumbered
05-23-2006, 07:33 PM
HEY YOU COMING TO POWELL THIS WEEKEND?
Nope, going to Mead where the water is 10*warmer :D We're a bunch of pansys when it comes to that cold sping Powell water :220v: This Phoenix weather has us spoiled. Pool is a nice 82* :D