PDA

View Full Version : Some Pics From Today

Infomaniac
05-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Info Jr. has been at the shop every day since school was out last week. Anytime there is engine work going on he is right in the middle of it.
He posed next to this 555 today but we were working on a different engine. Very interesting dumb ass story why this engine is sitting here instead of dyno'd and on it's way to it's owner. He had the task of washing this Brad 6 engine that had the rods kicked out of it last weekend. They need to race next weekend so had to we had to do some block and crank work for them.
Been a while since I've posted pics.So busy anymore it is almost not any fun :cry:
http://moritzmachine.com/555.jpg
http://moritzmachine.com/5552.jpg
http://moritzmachine.com/brad6.jpg

superdave013
05-23-2006, 08:29 PM
god bless that kid. it's so nice to see a youngen take intrest in something other then sitting around playing x box or what ever those things are called.
I bet Info Jr's first car will be a strong runner!

Daytona100
05-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey Info dont give up on us. I know im not the only one who enjoys your pics and info!!!!!!!! Great job with the kid he,s got a hell of an opportunity ahead of him.

ghittner
05-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Man Infomaniac you're younger than I thought! :)

Unforgiven
05-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Info, glad to see him out hanging in the shop...he looks like his mom....

BLUBYU
05-24-2006, 05:04 PM
So, do you care to share the story about why the motor is still there? :D Is it for a boat or car and is it going local? Look forward to seeing you at the island maybe in a few weeks.

Infomaniac
05-24-2006, 05:19 PM
So, do you care to share the story about why the motor is still there? :D Is it for a boat or car and is it going local? Look forward to seeing you at the island maybe in a few weeks.
Well there is always someone waiting to laugh at someone's dumb ass moves huh?
You guys going to Topeka? I'm leaving tomorrow.
And I painted that engine block with some nice gloss black paint the day before the dyno appointment. The dang paint takes 72 hours to dry and I cant reschedule dyno time till next week Tues. :mad: The stuff was water wet 6 hours after I sprayed it. DUH. The worst part is, with all the bling on the top of the engine the block is insignificant. But hey, I paint the block and then put in the brass freeze plugs for that last detail.
Boat engine headed out west. i just built a similar 522 for a guy in Mounds though. We will be testing it next week. Probably on Thurs night.

Jbb
05-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Well there is always someone waiting to laugh at someone's dumb ass moves huh?
You guys going to Topeka? I'm leaving tomorrow.
And I painted that engine block with some nice gloss black paint the day before the dyno appointment. The dang paint takes 72 hours to dry and I cant reschedule dyno time till next week Tues. :mad: The stuff was water wet 6 hours after I sprayed it. DUH. The worst part is, with all the bling on the top of the engine the block is insignificant. But hey, I paint the block and then put in the brass freeze plugs for that last detail.
Boat engine headed out west. i just built a similar 522 for a guy in Mounds though. We will be testing it next week. Probably on Thurs night.
Info the painter!.... :p

BLUBYU
05-24-2006, 05:32 PM
No, not going to Topeka. We just bought a new house a few months ago and have been staying too busy. Haven't even got the boat ready yet, it doesn't take long though. Hope to be out in a couple of weeks. Have fun in Topeka. NHRA has been very interesting and unpredictable this year. Be interesting if they don't have their starting line glitches figured out this week.

Infomaniac
05-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Info the painter!.... :p
Always one smart ass painter in the group also. :rolleyes:
Well I put a third coat on with some accelerator added but was still too late.
I painted it monday and it is still a little sticky feeling today. It is workable now but just does not have that done deal feel. LOL But it shines :crossx:
One little step outside of the norm and it bites me in the butt.

Jbb
05-24-2006, 05:46 PM
I painted it monday and it is still a little sticky feeling today. It is workable now but just does not have that done deal feel. LOL But it shines :crossx:
:p

Liberator TJ1984
05-25-2006, 08:38 AM
would it be possible to Powdercoat the block before final assy ???
not trying to be a SmartA......... just curious :)