PDA

View Full Version : This Cowboys Hat.." Chris Ledoux"

cc322
05-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Anybody else miss this guy? I sure do.Some of the best live shows I have ever seen.
Hit play video for three great Ledoux songs.
http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/ledoux_chris/artist.jhtml#/music/artist/ledoux_chris/artist.jhtml

Midlife Advantage
05-23-2006, 08:54 PM
absolutely, best shows I've seen. Been over a year and still wish we could see him play again.
YOu watching the ACM's? Vince Gill just gave his award to a little girl, a Make A Wish child. wooh!

Jordy
05-23-2006, 08:54 PM
I saw him in concert at least a dozen times. Was backstage at a few shows that were after rodeos where the company I worked for had equipment there to move the dirt in and out of what was America West Arena. Such a cool guy in person too. Have a bunch of his CD's as well. :( :( :(

Campbell's MM Good
05-23-2006, 08:58 PM
I was lucky enough to see Chris over a dozen times. My ex and I were listening to him way before Garth Brooks ever mentioned him. The last concert I saw him in he was very sick and had to cut the show short but no one in the crowd cared we were just glad to see him.

Midlife Advantage
05-23-2006, 09:02 PM
I saw him in concert at least a dozen times. Was backstage at a few shows that were after rodeos where the company I worked for had equipment there to move the dirt in and out of what was America West Arena. Such a cool guy in person too. Have a bunch of his CD's as well. :( :( :(
I have a whole new form of respect for you Jordy, wow. Of course its still a very low level.... :)

cc322
05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah seen him a bunch of times, last time we saw him was at the crazy horse, not to long after his liver transplant, he looked very thin but put on a great show as usual, what I would give to see another show.

AZKC
05-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Saw him at the "West" here in Tucson :)
This Old Hat one of the best songs ever :)

purrfecttremor
05-23-2006, 09:33 PM
absolutely, best shows I've seen. Been over a year and still wish we could see him play again.
YOu watching the ACM's? Vince Gill just gave his award to a little girl, a Make A Wish child. wooh!
That really brought tears to my eyes.And yes I miss Chris.

clownpuncher
05-23-2006, 09:43 PM
One of my fovorites. Miss seeing him in concert. Great performer and great guy

redneckcharlie
05-23-2006, 09:57 PM
he was a very rare performer, cowboy, and person. i doubt anybody will come along to match him in my lifetime! :cry:

novaguy
05-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Anybody else miss this guy? I sure do.Some of the best live shows I have ever seen.
http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/ledoux_chris/artist.jhtml#/music/artist/ledoux_chris/artist.jhtml
Hell yea, I miss him. A true cowboy....

Jordy
05-23-2006, 11:45 PM
I have a whole new form of respect for you Jordy, wow. Of course its still a very low level.... :)
One of the same nights I met him, Clint Black and Lisa Hartman-Black were there, and we had the super backstage vendor, no bullshit kind of passes and they and their tour managers wanted nothing to do with anyone. Total assholes, the both of them. He came walking out in a ball cap, t-shirt and Nike shoes and they managed a "hi" to everyone, but nothing like what Chris LeDoux did 20 minutes before. They had the regular backstage line waiting and walked right past them and wouldn't even talk to anyone. Oh, did I mention Clint Black is about 5'2" tall???? Little dude. Too small to carry LeDoux's bronc riggin' even if he had his wife help. :notam:
R.I.P. Cowboy Chris. :(

cc322
05-24-2006, 04:23 AM
he was a very rare performer, cowboy, and person. i doubt anybody will come along to match him in my lifetime! :cry:
I concur last of the true singing cowboys

Wild Horses
05-24-2006, 04:30 AM
First seen him in concert when I was 17, I am now 44.
Great man!

THOR
05-24-2006, 05:32 AM
How did he die?

Keithb87
05-24-2006, 05:57 AM
How did he die?
There is a biography on that site.
Complications of Liver cancer

NautiTwins
05-24-2006, 08:41 AM
He was the man! And the song referenced in your title has gotten me through a lot of rough times in my life. That song can always bring a smile to your face.

Midlife Advantage
05-24-2006, 09:12 AM
One of the same nights I met him, Clint Black and Lisa Hartman-Black were there, and we had the super backstage vendor, no bullshit kind of passes and they and their tour managers wanted nothing to do with anyone. Total assholes, the both of them. He came walking out in a ball cap, t-shirt and Nike shoes and they managed a "hi" to everyone, but nothing like what Chris LeDoux did 20 minutes before. They had the regular backstage line waiting and walked right past them and wouldn't even talk to anyone. Oh, did I mention Clint Black is about 5'2" tall???? Little dude. Too small to carry LeDoux's bronc riggin' even if he had his wife help. :notam:
R.I.P. Cowboy Chris. :(
kinda like Honeyman? :rollside: That woulda been a great time, good memory. Last time I saw him was in Laughlin and that is a great venue, but not that close! He made his audience feel like they were friends he was playin for. I'm gonna have to stick his greatest hits in when I get on the road today...

BADBLOWN572
05-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Never got to see him in person, :( but he was definitely the real deal. :) Old school rodeo cowboy! :) I have quite a few of his CD's and they are always in the changer. :) Every song is bad ass!!!

Greybeard
05-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I liked "Cowboy's Hat" when Porter Waggoner sang it 20 years ago. LOL

kingsransomracing
05-24-2006, 10:17 AM
He is a great entertainer and will be missed.
I was lucky enough to see one of his last performances I believe at the Queen Mary in Long Beach
God Speed Chris Ledoux!!

h2oski2fast
05-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Saw him numerous times, many different rodeos, the OC fair, he played in Norco, and lots of times in Vegas. Very cool cat! I will always be a big fan of him and his music.......Hell, that's why I named the boat Haywire (after on of his Cds).

Cruzzze
05-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Hey Wildhorses, just wanted to say "hey" from St George...aren't you near Delta?

cc322
05-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Good Ride Cowboy......Good Ride
http://thatscountry.com/Artists/Artist%20photos/ledoux5.jpg
http://thatscountry.com/Artists/Artist%20photos/ledoux8.jpg