PDA

View Full Version : Talon 25 is Back!!

FASTERDAMITT
07-29-2003, 10:49 AM
Am I on to something or is this old news! Check this out!
http://lakecumberlandmarine.com/
Click on new boats on the header.
Authorized dealer for the Talon 25.
Alot of money for a 25, I'm sure they will sell anyway. How does that compair to a Daytona 25 or 26?
[ July 29, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: FASTERDAMITT ]

Skullinator
07-29-2003, 02:44 PM
Fasterdammit : this is old news boat was in power boat couple of months ago. Talked to robert @ talon last week and boat is sold and new one on order. For the price it has a $55,000 motor and drive package in it. 575 with ITS system and XR so the price is probably less than anyone else with that motor package, but you will have to wait for them to answer.

FASTERDAMITT
07-29-2003, 04:11 PM
I thought they stopped making the 25 a few years ago, and Hustler is building the 37 only. They say this is a new 2003 25. :confused:

catnaround
07-29-2003, 06:34 PM
I saw that boat a few months ago when i was at LCM. Nice ride. Randy Hartmann got the fella that built them to make him one. So they are kinda in production. Yes Hustler makes the 37 now called the 377 Talon. that is one sweet ride. I have had the luck to ride in one several times. Could handle any water the lake where I boat could throw at it.

dorC
07-30-2003, 12:38 PM
Story has it the builder was pissed with everybody splashing his boat so he stopped making them and started building center counsole fishing boats. Think about it...26' cat + 575hp = 104mph?!!! jawdrop My hat off to Talon!

roln 20s
07-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Story has it the builder was pissed with everybody splashing his boat so he stopped making themI wonder how much not making that boat for a period of time cost him in sales??? If everyone else is making the same style boat cuz its bad ass and everyone wants one, I can't imagine getting mad and stopping production.
Roln 20s

Tom Slick
07-30-2003, 01:59 PM
On the East coast it is very hard to sell a 25' cat. Most performance boats are run on very rough lakes or in the ocean, so larger boats are the norm. Talon discontinued manufacturing the T-25 performance cat, because sales were very small in comparison to the fishing boats that the company manufactures. Currently Talon is only manufacturing fishing boats, but does still have the molds for the T-25. They will not build you a turn key boat, but they will sell you a blank hull. Yes, it is very true that the Talon has been splashed more times then can be counted on 2 hands. The bottom of this boat is an incredible design that flat out works. Yes, it is gay that so many manufactures copied it, but what the hell, it saves them from actually having to use their heads and design something that may not work. I'm sure that if there was a west coast Talon shop, they would probably sell a few, but most of the west coast boaters are looking for a lot more imenities then what the Talon offers. No cabin, no zip ties, no chrome etc. You get my drift. It's not a show piece like a lot of the west coast stuff, not that with nice rigging and some pretty parts it couldn't be. :D

boatnam2
07-30-2003, 02:07 PM
man that back hatch is gay as hell,ao and others did that boat justice when it put a full top cap on.

Tom Slick
07-30-2003, 02:26 PM
What is a full top cap, and why is the engine hatch gay?

boatnam2
07-30-2003, 03:07 PM
come on something that friggin gay and you cant see it.follow the top of the boat just about were the back seat is the boat stops and the is a hatch ****ing gay looking.

boatnam2
07-30-2003, 03:09 PM
http://pictures.earthcars.net/lakecumberlandmarine/1893f5bed1175f4600706da80aa91e4c.jpg

boatnam2
07-30-2003, 03:09 PM
come on ts your telling me the back of that boat looks good?

Skullinator
07-30-2003, 05:14 PM
Boatnam: http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/140skull-med.jpg so your calling my boat hatch gay.Why because it has true function and is an original design.

BoatFloating
07-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Skullinator:
Boatnam: http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/140skull-med.jpg so your calling my boat hatch gay.Why because it has true function and is an original design. Me and my boyfriend think your hatch is sweet looking wink (j/k) It would be nice to have a hatch that really works. Hey Billy Bob is looking for a blade, any idea where to find one?

Skullinator
07-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Boat floating: last time i drove past Norco the only thing i saw was Steers and Queers, well that must be where the gay thing comes from.

boatnam2
07-30-2003, 07:07 PM
oh come on skullinator just poking a little fun,i must admit your boat does look sweet as long as your looking at it from the front.

Skullinator
07-30-2003, 07:28 PM
Yea but all you'll be able to see is the back except when i'm doing circles around you. J/K

BoatFloating
07-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Skully, you didn't catch my blade reference? I'll never let your prop problem die. I better stop or I'll give myself bad Karma........

Tom Slick
07-30-2003, 09:39 PM
boatnam2,
I guess that I am not seeing what you are. I think the Talon looks great, including the engine hatch. It has a built in scoop that isn't like your standard pro stock style that has been done to death on most other boats and it gives the boat an original look, much like its bigger brother the Hustler Talon 377. Everyone has their own opinion, and mine would be that the AO rear hatch looks gay. No offense to my buds that have AO's. :D

dorC
07-31-2003, 05:04 AM
The engine hatch is really a personal taste thing. I personally like it...proably because it's different. I'm not sure if I like the back seat walk through though. Guess that's really a hold over from the hull originally being designed for outboards.

FASTERDAMITT
07-31-2003, 07:00 AM
What's all this GAY sh8t! Your just envious because our boat does'nt porpoise. :D Right Scully. You Gay bashers!!
By the way Sculluy I like your hatch.

Skullinator
07-31-2003, 07:21 AM
Boat Floating: I'm going to change my screen name to sling blade.so you can let it go and not think about it all day while your @ work.
DorC :You read my mind i bought this boat to be different and thus fAR it has been working out good for me.
Faster Dammit:Porposie what does that mean i don't think i've experienced it.can you please draw me a diagram.J/K
Tom Slick: Thanks for the solid words
For everybody else Talon is willing to build boats for people,last i heard they will even put cabins under the front deck so if you want one call robert @ Talon marine @ 941-355-0710

boatnam2
07-31-2003, 08:22 AM
tomslick,i owned a ao back when cats werent so trendy and i will agree there hatch was a little gay also.just the fact that the whole hatch seats and everything lifted up as one peice was a real strain on the hydraulics.if you needed to look at the motor real quick and you had 5 people in the boat well it made it tough.i will go out on a limb and say neither hatch is that frigging great if they were you would see them on other manufactures boats.the one good thing about the talon hatch though i looks like if you put the steering wheel on eithier side of the cockpit it would look like it belongs there.

FASTERDAMITT
07-31-2003, 09:00 AM
I think the new A/O's have a regular hatch/seat design now. I guess that means getting towed in if you fry and impellor or blower belt. I've been there before and all I did was lift the big azz hatch seat combo and replace them. Back to the party just like that. It's catch 22. :)

A/OAL
07-31-2003, 09:46 AM
FasterD, Hi im a newbee here, Do you have a blown 26 AO, if so what size blower?

FASTERDAMITT
07-31-2003, 10:03 AM
Al, I'm runnin a modified 454 mag ProCharged M1 @ 7#'s boost. Wutcha got?

boatnam2
07-31-2003, 10:08 AM
hey a/aol your not that guy from fontucky with the bad ass ao with the 1471?

A/OAL
07-31-2003, 10:14 AM
BOATN
GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!!! GET OFF THE INTERNET!!!!! :)

A/OAL
08-01-2003, 04:27 PM
FASTERDAMITT:
Al, I'm runnin a modified 454 mag ProCharged M1 @ 7#'s boost. Wutcha got? Heeeyyy. thats what i had, I just sold it uuummm about a month ago. building a blown 540 now . should be finished next month. was asking what you had cause i wanted to know what mods i have to make to the hatch for a 1471, besides cutting the top if any.