PDA

View Full Version : Any Nice Cats w/300 Mercs For Sale

SCRINC
05-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Been real interested in purchasing one... I have only had V drives and could use any advise.. Boat on Parker rear round and was thinking of around a 30' and dont want to mix the oil / gas.. Was looking for a solid 100mph at least. Of course iam looking for used. Price range TBD... Depends on the deal etc.
Thanks

DCBDaytona
05-24-2006, 07:43 AM
Here's a start...It's a beautiful boat and SMOKIN' deal.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/4/83853884.htm

SCRINC
05-24-2006, 07:48 AM
Here's a start...It's a beautiful boat and SMOKIN' deal.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/4/83853884.htm
Thanks but not looking for a open bow..

TOBTEK
05-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks but not looking for a open bow..
get ahold of KillerToy here on the boards...... he has a F26 with 300X's and I think he's been playing with selling it. Also a all white one is at DCB now I think....... good luck.

Jordy
05-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Let me know when you're ready. It's still here. ;)

XFactor
05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
get ahold of KillerToy here on the boards...... he has a F26 with 300X's and I think he's been playing with selling it. Also a all white one is at DCB now I think....... good luck.
Toby,
Does John Moran still have his Mach for sale?

SCRINC
05-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Let me know when you're ready. It's still here. ;)
Have thought about flying out to Sky Harbor more than once... Just waiting for the rite time so I can get together with my family in Surprize and go out to the Lake @ the same time..
THANKS

andy01
05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
2005 30 Spectre, can deliver nationwide and felixable on price...........
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8860.html

Kilrtoy
05-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Everything is for sale, Have you priced a new one lately, EVEN you will be shocked at the new sticker price....

DCBDaytona
05-25-2006, 06:06 AM
Everything is for sale, Have you priced a new one lately, EVEN you will be shocked at the new sticker price....
I was thinking about this the other day...First off, who ever pays over $150k for a 26 is NUTZ. Second...Why is it that Brand New F-26's with 300x's are $150k and used ones (like MBrowns and X-factor - Both SICK) sold for less that $100k?
Is the used market that weak for these? Or perhaps people are that set on the whole new boat experience? Possibly rationalizing that the payment on an extra $40k is worth buiding one yourself? :rollside:

Charley
05-25-2006, 06:49 AM
I was thinking about this the other day...First off, who ever pays over $150k for a 26 is NUTZ. Second...Why is it that Brand New F-26's with 300x's are $150k and used ones (like MBrowns and X-factor - Both SICK) sold for less that $100k?
Is the used market that weak for these? Or perhaps people are that set on the whole new boat experience? Possibly rationalizing that the payment on an extra $40k is worth buiding one yourself? :rollside:
Thats funny i read this whole post and All I really saw was "poising for a final negotiation" ;)

XFactor
05-25-2006, 07:55 AM
False perception!! I can't speak for Mike, but I know I didn't pay over 150k for my 26. Not even close. I had a few problems with my 26 therefore it sold for a little less than Mike's. Mikes was also an 04 while mine was an 03. My guess is Mike took approx a 25% hit on resale. Not much differant than the car market.

mbrown2
05-25-2006, 08:01 AM
False perception!! I can't speak for Mike, but I know I didn't pay over 150k for my 26. Not even close. I had a few problems with my 26 therefore it sold for a little less than Mike's. Mikes was also an 04 while mine was an 03. My guess is Mike took approx a 25% hit on resale. Not much differant than the car market.
You are correct...25% is about what I took....which I knew full well going in when I built new, I would take that when I sold.....don't know many boats out that would not experience the same hit when selling used from the original owner.

DCBDaytona
05-25-2006, 08:11 AM
I understand this...But after talking to a few people who've just recently bought F-26's, $150k is the norm. I guess it's simply inflation and depreciation.
Just for kicks, I looked into the price of my parents first Mach 26...Brand New OTD was $100,000. Of course, this was a year 2000 with the DCB "Good Guy" pricing.

mbrown2
05-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Just for kicks, I looked into the price of my parents first Mach 26...Brand New OTD was $100,000. Of course, this was a year 2000 with the DCB "Good Guy" pricing.
The good ol days when gas prices were under $2 and it was still cost effective to buy a diesel truck...:)

Kilrtoy
05-25-2006, 10:39 AM
You havent priced a F26 lately have you youngster. Base price 148K I believe. Now add your 40K in upgrades and tax and you are at what $$$$.....
Also I would have bought used BUT NONE WERE FOR SALE BACK in mid 04......

MONEYFURNOTHIN
05-25-2006, 02:26 PM
You havent priced a F26 lately have you youngster. Base price 148K I believe. Now add your 40K in upgrades and tax and you are at what $$$$.....
40K in upgrades?? I thought everything was standard on a DCB, isnt that the excuse we use to justify the outrageous price tag? From most of the posts i have read, everything is an option on every other boat in town and thats why there base price is so much cheaper.

dicudmore
05-25-2006, 03:07 PM
150K? No wonder Patrick went with the car motor :220v:

Havasu Cig
05-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Wow!!!
I know I sound like a hater, but that is Skater $$$. And I am comparing a 28' versus a 26' :cool:

roln 20s
05-25-2006, 05:18 PM
150K? No wonder Patrick went with the car motor :220v:
Exactly...I only run 70ish...but I do have $40k more in the bank. However, I will defend the wackers...after riding with Jordy in his Spectre and Toby's 26--twin wackers aren't so bad :) :D I'm just too cheap (for now)!!!
Roln 20s

Kilrtoy
05-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Wow!!!
I know I sound like a hater, but that is Skater $$$. And I am comparing a 28' versus a 26' :cool:
Not knocking Skater or Spectre, but they have Zedro cabin space and zero storage , otherwise WE really like them and they look awesome running in ruff water

Kilrtoy
05-26-2006, 01:00 AM
40K in upgrades?? I thought everything was standard on a DCB, isnt that the excuse we use to justify the outrageous price tag? From most of the posts i have read, everything is an option on every other boat in town and thats why there base price is so much cheaper.
Everything is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLING is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TUNNEL T
05-26-2006, 04:53 PM
I understand this...But after talking to a few people who've just recently bought F-26's, $150k is the norm. I guess it's simply inflation and depreciation.
150k the norm ! NOT HERE ,and i can't tell you what i got it for either ,i'd have to kill you ! J/K and i think i loaded it up pretty good .triple axle prop guard stage one stereo , and xs's TUNNEL T

Havasu Cig
05-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Not knocking Skater or Spectre, but they have Zedro cabin space and zero storage , otherwise WE really like them and they look awesome running in ruff water
Have you ever been in either? I have more storage in my Skater than you do in your boat, hell I have more storage in my Skater than I did in my Mach 26 which had more than your F-26.
As far as a cabin, you can get one if you want it. My Skater has A LOT more room under the deck than either a Mach 26 or an F-26 (where I might add you are sitting floor of the boat because of the cut down deck :rolleyes: ). All you have to do is not get the foot rest put in and the access is there just like a Mach, and actually one of the fastest 28's out there (runs about 128 mph with twins) has a cabin. I believe he even has a door from the deck to get into it. The freeboard on the Skater is a lot more than the DCB and since that is the case you can actually get a bigger cabin out of the boat if you want.
That being said, WTF do you want a cabin for in Havasu? My Cig had a very nice cabin and it was to F@#$ing hot to hang out in there at the river. The only way a cabin is useful at the river is if you have A/C. And as fas as I am concerned a pad under the deck of your boat does not really count as a cabin.
Now I won't even talk about performance. I have yet to be able to get a O/B DCB to play with me. :rolleyes: :)

Charley
05-27-2006, 10:04 AM
That being said, WTF do you want a cabin for in Havasu? My Cig had a very nice cabin and it was to F@#$ing hot to hang out in there at the river. The only way a cabin is useful at the river is if you have A/C. And as fas as I am concerned a pad under the deck of your boat does not really count as a cabin.
I have fans in mine but then again without a wet towel it still isnt that comfy when it's 110!! The fact that you dont have kids helps me understand why a bimini and a cabin area isn't important to you.... no biggie but don't deny that some people DO need one :rolleyes:

Havasu Cig
05-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I have fans in mine but then again without a wet towel it still isnt that comfy when it's 110!! The fact that you dont have kids helps me understand why a bimini and a cabin area isn't important to you.... no biggie but don't deny that some people DO need one :rolleyes:
Bro, I have had surgery to remove skin cancer, so yes shade is important to me. I was probably the only one to ever have a bimini put on a Cigarette. I think it is funny that you talk about a DCB 26' cat like it is a whole lot different than a Skater in the same size range in cockpit layout etc...
I have been in an F-26 and have owned to Mach 26's. My Skater has a bigger cockpit and has more storage along the sides. If you wanted an area under the deck (I still don't consider this a cabin) you could get a lot more room out of the Skater if you wanted. When Tony rigged the AMT (which is almost identical to a Skater in layout) they cut out the foot rest and got a rather large space under the deck. The same thing could be done on the Skater if you wanted.
The area on an F-26 under the deck is ridiculous IMO if you are talking about trying to get under there to use it. I can't even stand having to have my legs straight out to sit in the seats. It is no different than my 21 Daytona in this area.
like I have stated before the perfect boat for Havasu is either a deck or pontoon boat if you are looking for comfort. When you start comparing a 26 DCB to a 28 Skater there is not much difference except for performance.
You should open your eyes to the rest of the boating world bro, there is a lot more out there than just DCB. :cool:

Charley
05-27-2006, 03:10 PM
You should open your eyes to the rest of the boating world bro, there is a lot more out there than just DCB. :cool:
#1 I wouldn't compare the 26DCB to the 28Skater.... I'd compare the 28skater to the F29 or maybe 32, and honestly the 28 skater, 30AMT, 30 and 36 spectre that I am plenty familiar with, wont hold a candle to the room of my new 32DCB, period... like it or not "BRO" ...tell me chris.... on Lake Havasu what are the distinct advantages a Skater or AMT or Spectre can offer me and my family that I do not already have with my DCB? this should be terribly interesting :rolleyes:

TOBTEK
05-27-2006, 05:38 PM
you two need to HUG :argue: ........ :)

andy01
05-27-2006, 10:26 PM
you two need to HUG :argue: ........ :)
Why does everything with you have to turn "gay"?
Jezz what a homo.......... :)
Andy

Havasu Cig
05-29-2006, 08:13 AM
#1 I wouldn't compare the 26DCB to the 28Skater.... I'd compare the 28skater to the F29 or maybe 32, and honestly the 28 skater, 30AMT, 30 and 36 spectre that I am plenty familiar with, wont hold a candle to the room of my new 32DCB, period... like it or not "BRO" ...tell me chris.... on Lake Havasu what are the distinct advantages a Skater or AMT or Spectre can offer me and my family that I do not already have with my DCB? this should be terribly interesting :rolleyes:
Well if we compare the 29 DCB to the 28 Skater instead of the 26 the performance difference with 300's is even greater.
What do you get with a Skater versus a DCB?
1. A better built boat with better technology using better materials and a better build process. I know "What do I need this for on Havasu?". Well you get better performance with less power and less strain on the motors.
2. You get a boat that has nationwide (actually worldwide) appeal that will actually hold some re-sale value unlike the current batch of twin engine DCB's that are in or near the 200k range.
As far as size of your 32 versus my 28, it's 4 feet bigger it should have more room in it. I'll tell you what, why don't you get Dave on the phone and have him break out a tape measure and measure the cockpit area of a 29 and the height under the deck on the same boat. I bet my 28 has comparable room in the cockpit and more room under the deck for a "cabin" if you wanted one.
How many 28 Skater's and 30 AMT's have you been in BTW? I only know of one AMT that was on the west coast, and it was the one Tony rigged.
Why don't you answer the question regarding a Deckboat/pontoon boat? Are we talking about performance boats or are we talking about the most useful comfortable river boat. If we are talking about performance than you can't ignore the advantage a Skater has over a DCB. If we are talking about the most practical boat for Havasu it is not a Skater or a DCB.
Like I said before you should be a politician. If the old talking points and arguments don't work anymore then just spin it like a good politician does, or just ignore the question in the first place and change the subject.
You better tell dave to keep the discounted boats coming because you sure are working hard for them. :rolleyes:

Havasu Cig
05-29-2006, 08:19 AM
One more quation that I never got answered. Why did Dave tell me he was vaccum (sp) bagging his boats when I was down there a couple years ago? Was that a lie to try and sell me a boat?
BTW, According to one of his riggers the only vaccum his boats have seen is a shop vac. :) :cool:

Charley
05-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Well if we compare the 29 DCB to the 28 Skater instead of the 26 the performance difference with 300's is even greater.
The 29 is not as efficient with outboards as it is with inboards, much like the 30 Spectre does not seem to get as impressive #'s as you would expect with say 500's & bravos, so yes the difference in the 28skater to 29dcb with OB is dramatic in that specific comparison... We all know the 32 spectre ran 118-120 with Illmors and bravos, DCB has seen 121, I ran 119 out of the box....what does that new 30' flatdeck run with like power? I was curious why no one posted the # that 30' flat deck that is for sale has seen?? ... I guarantee with all the hype on the great price and interest on that boat someone here knows what it has run?? why the big secret?? and please don't use the surface drive 30 with supercat motors.... diff animal
A better built boat with better technology using better materials and a better build process. I know "What do I need this for on Havasu? Well you get better performance with less power and less strain on the motors.
:
even if thats true you forgot the hop skip and a jump!
2. You get a boat that has nationwide (actually worldwide) appeal that will actually hold some re-sale value unlike the current batch of twin engine DCB's that are in or near the 200k range.
Now who is talking about unsubstanciated claims...... there have been 4-5 twin engine 525 boats 1-2 years old that have sold for 85-90% of the original price in the last 6 months..... dont use the milk truck as a comparison it's a very isolated scenario with special baggage... skaters get lumped in with all the other boats when they are sold... you lose money, and like it or not I know 3 x-skater owners who are now happily in love with their DCB's I'm sure that trend goes both ways.... no hard feelings everyone is entitled to an opinion ;)
As far as size of your 32 versus my 28, it's 4 feet bigger it should have more room in it.
:D
I bet my 28 has comparable room in the cockpit and more room under the deck for a "cabin" if you wanted one.
you keep stating this, but how much is a 28' skater with 300's and a "custom" cabin and a bitchen 4 color gel coat, stereo system and a few other lil items just so we can sompare it to a base west coast DCB ;) ... cmon Chris... gimme a few points.... :D
Why don't you answer the question regarding a Deckboat/pontoon boat? Are we talking about performance boats or are we talking about the most useful comfortable river boat.
I Own a pontoon... It's boring :( sorry, maybe it's the midlife crisis thing
Like I said before you should be a politician. If the old talking points and arguments don't work anymore then just spin it like a good politician does, or just ignore the question in the first place and change the subject.
Chris I dont spin anything..... I have no vested interest in DCB, I just truly love the product! I happen to be passionate about my convictions and don't buy into the east coast mentality.... just Like you dont buy into the DCB mentality... it's ok to root for a team, where a flag, respect a company for their product because you believe in it..... but don't insult my integrity by comparing me to a politician.
You better tell dave to keep the discounted boats coming because you sure are working hard for them. :rolleyes:
I think Dave sold like 12 boats at the LA show.... I don't think he needs to give them away.... demand is up it would seem, I am just glad he doesnt want to try to make 200 a year, I would probably become less of a fan.
PS: I respect you and your opinion, and really like Jody too.... lets not let the names on the side of our boats ruin that...it's just the river, the internet and some fu(kin fiberglass ;)

SCRINC
05-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Was wondering if any could offer some feed back on the 01 Spectre listed in the trader .. I believe its in Havasu.. Has 300 x s . Custom paint and so on... Any history... Has it been crashed etc... Its also listed @ Spectrecat.com. Just was looking for some honest feed back good or bad ...
Thanks....

Jordy
05-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Was wondering if any could offer some feed back on the 01 Spectre listed in the trader .. I believe its in Havasu.. Has 300 x s . Custom paint and so on... Any history... Has it been crashed etc... Its also listed @ Spectrecat.com. Just was looking for some honest feed back good or bad ...
Thanks....
Looks nice enough.

Havasu Cig
05-30-2006, 08:18 AM
Charley,
We have been through this all before and I am really tired of debating the same point over and over to tell you the truth. The fact of the matter is that Dave is selling you boats at way below market value (as over inflated as they are) so you don't have a unbiased opinion of the boats DCB builds.
I have owned many different brands of boats, and to tell you the truth my DCB's almost made me give up boating. I had so many problems with the boats it was ridiculous (even the Eliminator he built for me). I was afraid to get to far away from the Marina in my O/B 26 because it broke everytime out. I did not have the power of the internet back then so I was not taken care of like people are today. As a matter of fact I did not even talk to Dave until fairly recently about my feelings towards DCB, and the only reason that happened is because he was made aware of my post on this forum. Thank god for the Cig and the Skater because they have restored the pleasure in performance boating.
BTW, The pontoon boat is still a better boat for Havasu, you just need to buy one that will run at least 40 mph. :) :cool:

Kilrtoy
05-30-2006, 09:32 AM
You guys are funny, We need to have a death match with you two

Run_em_Hard
05-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Well no matter what is debated here,,,DCB, Skater whatever, they are both awesome boats. Be happy that not everyone likes the same boat with the same power and the same paint. Thats what make the river so much fun is all the different style of boats and people that are out there.

Keith E. Sayre
06-02-2006, 09:10 AM
That 2001 Spectre that you asked about is as clean as any used boat that I've ever seen. Not one scratch on the entire boat. Very expensive paint job,
killer cd system, painted steel trailer instead of aluminum etc etc etc. the
owner is from Colorado and won't have time to use it much for a couple years due to work etc. so he'll sell it. It's priced right. if you need more info,
call me at 928-680-1400. I'll put you on the phone to the boat owner if you
wish.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City

Boatmaster
06-02-2006, 04:20 PM
I have to chime in here. I have owned both a 28 Skater and three 26 DCBs and you can keep your Skater in my mind. As far as room I must have had the only Skater that had no room in it. My F26 has a much better family cruising speed ride than my 28 Skater did. It amazes me how everyone thinks a Skater makes a great family friendly lake boat. As far as all out speed the Skater is hands down the only choice, but for a family lake boat they are not a DCB or any other west coast center pod cat for that matter. Just my .02 but I have owned both and will never own another Skater, at least not for a family ride.

XFactor
06-03-2006, 06:37 AM
I have to chime in here. I have owned both a 28 Skater and three 26 DCBs and you can keep your Skater in my mind. As far as room I must have had the only Skater that had no room in it. My F26 has a much better family cruising speed ride than my 28 Skater did. It amazes me how everyone thinks a Skater makes a great family friendly lake boat. As far as all out speed the Skater is hands down the only choice, but for a family lake boat they are not a DCB or any other west coast center pod cat for that matter. Just my .02 but I have owned both and will never own another Skater, at least not for a family ride.
NICE !! Hope Charley doesn't hurt himself doing backflips :D :D :D

Havasu Cig
06-03-2006, 03:50 PM
What year was your Skater and how was it rigged? Mine is an 04 and I have it pretty dialed. If you are comparing an old Skater to a newer one, or even a newer DCB, technology has changed. I though my 96 DCB rigged 21 Daytona was the $hit at the time, but like I said things have changed in the past 10 years. My boat cruises very nice at 80 mph, has run nearly 120 on the top end, and the cockpit is bigger than my Mach's which should be the same as your F-26 minus the freeboard.
One thing I definitely don't like about the F-26 is that you are sitting on the floor with your legs straight out because the deck is cut down so much. The first time I sat in one I did not like it. It felt like my 21 Daytona as far as the sitting position. If I was going with a DCB I would pick the Mach over the F series.
Whatever makes you happy is what you should buy. I just can't see paying the same amount of money for a boat that is built with cheaper materials and a less advanced weaker build process. I will stick to the east coast boats because I think they offer a better product. My.02

MOBrien
06-08-2006, 11:32 AM
..........I just can't see paying the same amount of money for a boat that is built with cheaper materials and a less advanced weaker build process..........
WOW, this is getting good. :argue: :D

XFactor
06-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Charley definately missed post 39. What are these boards coming too? How could that possibly happen? I'm so disappointed :cry:

Charley
06-09-2006, 05:42 AM
Charley definately missed post 39. What are these boards coming too? How could that possibly happen? I'm so disappointed :cry:
Boatmaster is the man, and he knows I love and respect his point of view...no matter what it is....he is one of the few guys with true west&east coast experience and seat time and shares it via logic and fairness.
PS: I didn't miss it, I just don't have the desire to fight with HC anymore, like a beachball it's pointless

DCBDaytona
06-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Boatmaster is the man, and he knows I love and respect his point of view...no matter what it is....he is one of the few guys with true west&east coast experience and seat time and shares it via logic and fairness.
PS: I didn't miss it, I just don't have the desire to fight with HC anymore, like a beachball it's pointless
But he's also a distributor for Mr. Dave :) He has no reason to bad mouth.

Boatmaster
06-09-2006, 06:00 AM
For the record my 28 Skater was a 98 with 300 pro maxs rigged by DCB. Boat is now in Needles (Speed Racer).

DSIDan
06-11-2006, 07:11 PM
For the record my 28 Skater was a 98 with 300 pro maxs rigged by DCB. Boat is now in Needles (Speed Racer).
Bamn! If Skaters made better sense then Drew would be selling them. He is selling the best boats available. My 26 has more room then those 28 Skaters all day every day.

carreracat257
06-20-2006, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=SCRINC]Been real interested in purchasing one... I have only had V drives and could use any advise.. Boat on Parker rear round and was thinking of around a 30' and dont want to mix the oil / gas.. Was looking for a solid 100mph at least. Of course iam looking for used. Price range TBD... Depends on the deal etc.
Thanks[/QUOTE
I am selling my 2001 carrera 257 open bow with twin ob .The boat can been seen on carrera web site. pm me if you are intersted, asking 69k smokin deal.

ROZ
06-21-2006, 10:22 AM
It's obvious the Magic deckboat or pontoons are the best havasu lake boat; Otherwise, There wouldn't be so many of them on the lake... DUH! :D

Jordy
06-21-2006, 10:25 AM
It's obvious the Magic deckboat or pontoons are the best havasu lake boat; Otherwise, There wouldn't be so many of them on the lake... DUH! :D
You may just be onto something there Poolio. :D :D :D
p.s. I've still got my Spectre listed, going to sell it and get a Magic deckboat. ;)

AZJD
06-21-2006, 11:46 AM
You may just be onto something there Poolio. :D :D :D
p.s. I've still got my Spectre listed, going to sell it and get a Magic deckboat. ;)
Why did you change your mind, I thought you wanted a Trident!