PDA

View Full Version : Today's project

maxwedge
05-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Feels like christmas around here....look what came in the mail today! These things look fantastic! I'm really glad I went with these instead of the white. It's going to look really good. Thanks to Mike and Rex Marine for all the help. I'm assuming the tach will reset once it's hooked up and the engine fired? I'll post some before and after pics once I get them installed.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2890gauges_small.JPG
I think they were packed with the shredded remains of the Rex catalog?, lol. :idea:

hbpdub
05-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Those are sweet looking, should make a nice addition to the boat. :crossx:

Devilman
05-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Those look damn good, Max. Nice change from the white-face gauges....Ought to dress the dash up nice. :cool:

castone001
05-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Yup, I just put a new set but sorry, I went with the white. The tach will reset soon as you put power to it.

maxwedge
05-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Yup, I just put a new set but sorry, I went with the white. The tach will reset soon as you put power to it.
Hey I like white too. In fact I was orignially was going to order white but changed my mind at the last minute and went with these. I wasn't sure I was going to like them, but they look great now that I've seen them in person.

BigBlockBaja
05-24-2006, 12:36 PM
What type of spedo is that?

maxwedge
05-24-2006, 01:40 PM
What type of spedo is that?
It's the old fashiond pressure kind that works off a pitot tube and probably isn't very accurate, so I can claim higher top speed than I really have. :D It's avaliible in GPS too, but by the time you by the reciever for it, the cost for GPS is almost $300 higher. I have a portable GPS so if I really want to know how slow I'm going, I'll use that. They are all Auto Meter Pro-comp marine gauges from Rex.

BigBlockBaja
05-24-2006, 03:34 PM
It's the old fashiond pressure kind that works off a pitot tube and probably isn't very accurate, so I can claim higher top speed than I really have. :D It's avaliible in GPS too, but by the time you by the reciever for it, the cost for GPS is almost $300 higher. I have a portable GPS so if I really want to know how slow I'm going, I'll use that. They are all Auto Meter Pro-comp marine gauges from Rex.
Cool. its good to know ya can get a matched set of gauges with a gps speedometer. Post pics of them in the boat!

flat broke
05-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Maxwedge,
B4 you throw those in the boat, if you have an Etrex GPS, you can use it to power an Autometer GPS speedo. If it's something you'd be interested in, call Rex and ask for Brian. He's got the pn for the data cable to plug into the etrex and should have the information you need to set it up. Then if you have more $$ down the road, you can always buy the receiver and be good to go w/out your handheld.
Just an idea,
Chris