PDA

View Full Version : Cancer SUCKS!!!

Windy
05-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Why does it happen to the good people. My brother is young, successful, happily married, served in the Army during the Pursain Gulf war, and has been healthy all of his life. Then one day we find out hes has Lymphoma and is in STAGE 3.
They wouldve made the best parents...now he will never be able to have kids of his own...and I cant even think about the worst. :frown:
Hes been positive throughout this whole thing and never shows his feelings, but this morning he broke down...and its heartwrenching. I appreciate the best wishes Ive been getting for my brother.
Its just not fair. :confused:
Hug yoiur family and tell them you love them.

Tom Brown
05-24-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry, Windy.
Don't give up on him. You just never know. :)

Racer277
05-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Windy, there are many, many kids that need good parents. And they would be his own.
He's still in our prayers.
S

Windy
05-24-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry, Windy.
Don't give up on him. You just never know. :)
Thanks Tom...give up...never!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
That is crappy news Windy. :frown: Don't lose faith though. Jason's g-pa was diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer also. He began chemo and ended up not having to finish the entire 6 months of chemo. All cancer cells were destroyed and he is on way to recovery. It was rough during chemo but he stuck thru it.
Good luck and remind me this weekend to talk you about this. I want to tell you something else. :rollside:
xoxoxox

thumbs
Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Hopefully he beats it.....

Windy
05-24-2006, 09:40 AM
That is crappy news Windy. :frown: Don't lose faith though. Jason's g-pa was diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer also. He began chemo and ended up not having to finish the entire 6 months of chemo. All cancer cells were destroyed and he is on way to recovery. It was rough during chemo but he stuck thru it.
Good luck and remind me this weekend to talk you about this. I want to tell you something else. :rollside:
xoxoxox
Thanks Linda....we are way passed 6 mo of chemo here. I know my family will survive this...just having a momment of weakness today.

NeedlesNut
05-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear the news and again DON'T GIVE UP! prayers do get answered and with all your friends, family and HB you got a lot of people pulling for him. We have put him on our church prayer list.

NOTALENT
05-24-2006, 09:53 AM
That has to be hard and yes soooo unfair...Sorry to hear this Windy. He still has alot to look forward too. I hope he stays strong throughout this and he is very lucky to have you by his side.

dicudmore
05-24-2006, 09:55 AM
just sending positive thoughts :cool:

3 daytona`s
05-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I step at a time,let`s get him thru this part get on his feet then as stated earlier thousands of children needing a loving home.Then we`ll have a BID BAR-B-Q to celebrate life. :) I`ll be thinking of you guys

WYRD
05-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Im sorry Baby If there is anything we can do you know we are here.
WYRD & Family

RiverDave
05-24-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm terribly sorry to hear that Windy. :( Cancer is awful. :(
RD

DILLIGAF
05-24-2006, 10:01 AM
:( Sorry to hear that Windy.
My mother had breast cancer diagnosed in her 70's and she has beaten it to this point. She had to go thru the chemo and is 79 now so you never know.
Hang in there!

Greybeard
05-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Hang in there!!!
First year surviver here so I know what i'm talking about!!!!
They told a cousin of mine he'd never father any kids...That was about 15 years ago..And two healthy boys later...Sometimes ya never know...

Mrs.HLB
05-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Stay strong and prayers are being sent!! My cousin had it and now is doing well.. you just never know..
Mrs.HLB

little rowe boat
05-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Lance Armstrong had testicular cancer that had spread to his lungs and brain and he beat it and went on to win 7 consecutive tour de frances. Tell you brother to have a positive attitude, eat right, get lots of rest and most of all don't give up.

LHC30Victory
05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Windy, our prayers are with you and your brother during this tough time.

Ziggy
05-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Keep the Faith Windy......I know you know modern medicine has come a loooong way with cancer.....

Tom Brown
05-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Lance Armstrong had testicular cancer that had spread to his lungs and brain and he beat it and went on to win 7 consecutive tour de frances.
Fock Armstrong. That prick set the bar way too high. :yuk:
:D

Havasu Cig
05-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Tell him not to give up, he can beat it. A lot of my fellow vets that served in the Gulf War are coming down with different types of cancer. I would also have him contact a rep at the V.A. and see if he can get some help there. I don't have much faith in the V.A. but you never know. Good Luck.
Here is a link for GW Vets. There might be some info on there that can help.
http://www.ngwrc.org/

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
05-24-2006, 11:13 AM
I am sorry to hear that. It does suck. I have had 3 cancer scares in my family this year and it puts a lot of things in perspective.
Hang in there and keep your thoughts positive.

dmontzsta
05-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Yes, cancer does suck...BAD!
Your brother is young and should be able to battle it pretty well. My aunt is struggling with brain cancer at the moment. They gave her 6 mos to live, it has now been 1.5 years and she is getting around just like any of us. Cancer is a ****ed up thing and I hate it. My Mom had cancer, but they were able to get rid of it.
I have lost 4 family members to cancer.
F Cancer.

IN2-IN2MX
05-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Windy...so sorry to hear this. I know he has been fighting this for some time now. But its wonderful that he has such a great family that loves and supports him. He can pull through sweetie...just think positive. And like someone else said, once he's healthy again they can think of adopting.
http://s.mynicespace.com/myspacepic/38/3831.gif

Tremor Therapy
05-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I have no words to help, but I will definately add him to my prayer list.

THOR
05-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Sorry to hear this Windy.
If it is any consolation, my Mom is a 4 time cancer survivor and is still kicking. (knock on wood)
Send you positive thoughts........................................

little rowe boat
05-24-2006, 12:40 PM
When it comes to cancer the bar can never be set too high.

Windy
05-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Tell him not to give up, he can beat it. A lot of my fellow vets that served in the Gulf War are coming down with different types of cancer. I would also have him contact a rep at the V.A. and see if he can get some help there. I don't have much faith in the V.A. but you never know. Good Luck.
Here is a link for GW Vets. There might be some info on there that can help.
http://www.ngwrc.org/
He is in good hands and his doctors believe this is from a genetic flaw.

Debbolas
05-24-2006, 01:08 PM
My thoughts are with you and my prayers are for your brother.
Hang in there...Like Tom said, you never know....
xoxo
Deb

djunkie
05-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Sorry to hear this Windy. Its tough hearing stories like this especially for someone so young. I'm going through a similar experience right now and am in the middle of some testing. It is a shitty feeling. Get yourselves checked out people. You could have it and never know. Better to catch it early.

Mrs. River918
05-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Windy I'm so sorry!!! I to have lost family members to cancer and it does SUCK!!! He will beat this. Things work out for the best in weird ways sometimes!! Stay positive, and our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!!!

Cruzzze
05-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi Windy, I am new to this forum, and would first like to say what a great and caring family you sound like. Yes cancer does suck, and I know other's telling you about their family beating this terrible disease does help, my wife has had cervical cancer, two tumors in her breast removed, 1 being cancerous and yesterday diagonosed with skin cancer, and she's only 38. BUT, I do believe in positive thinking, and alot of prayer. It's hard to be positive when your the one with it, I know, but continue to make BIG plans for hte future, whatever it is, and those goals will be achieved. I wish I was there to give all of a you a big hug, it's just to bad that we all are a member of that "C" family, but after beating this, it is so wonderful to just look across the lake and say "Ahhhhhh". My thoughts and prayers are with your brother and your entire family. God does answer all prayers, sometimes he justs makes us think and wait.
Jon

Windy
05-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Sorry to hear this Windy. Its tough hearing stories like this especially for someone so young. I'm going through a similar experience right now and am in the middle of some testing. It is a shitty feeling. Get yourselves checked out people. You could have it and never know. Better to catch it early.
About a year give or take before he was diagnosed he went to his Primary Care Doc for back pain. Doc gave him some pain meds and sent him home. His pain got worse so he went back to his Doc. Doc changed his pain meds and sent him home...never did a thorough examination on him.
He then lost alot of weight...had severe back pain..and was vomiting, so his wife took him to her family doctor in Mexico {of all places} since his doctor here wasnt doing anything. Through a simple sonogram this doctor found a huge tumor attached to his spleen...and the cancer had already spread...he was already in stage 3 when he was diagnosed in Mexico. Completely devstating news. She saved his life by taking him to her doctor in Mexico.
I wish you the best of luck.

atomickitn
05-24-2006, 01:29 PM
as i sit hear and read this i can only think as to what can i do? as i hear all of this first hand and spend time with windy's brother , he is in high spirits, and is very hopeful.....and the only thing i can do for my hunny is to simply hold on to her as tight as i can and be there for whatever she or her family needs from me , yes it does suck as i hold her tight and listen to her tell me all the things about her brother, and how close they are to one another , and how much he means to her , and how we are planning our wedding around his well being, i don't think i would have it any other way .....hang in there baby ill be home in a short while ....say hello to David, and I love you :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Windy we are very sorry to hear about this. Our prayers are with all of you and will be as long as he is in need for them.
hugs and kisses. Hang in there..

Mrs. River918
05-24-2006, 01:52 PM
as i sit hear and read this i can only think as to what can i do? as i hear all of this first hand and spend time with windy's brother , he is in high spirits, and is very hopeful.....and the only thing i can do for my hunny is to simply hold on to her as tight as i can and be there for whatever she or her family needs from me , yes it does suck as i hold her tight and listen to her tell me all the things about her brother, and how close they are to one another , and how much he means to her , and how we are planning our wedding around his well being, i don't think i would have it any other way .....hang in there baby ill be home in a short while ....say hello to David, and I love you :)
ATOMICKITN....I'm sure that that is enough right now!!!That was the sweetest thing ever...You brought tears to my eyes!!!!
Hang in there Windy!!!

topless
05-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Hang in there Windy, you and your family are and have been in my prayers daily. With all the HBers pulling and praying for him, he is sure to beat this.
Luv ya girlie :)

Flying Tiger
05-24-2006, 02:14 PM
The wifeys in cancer treatment and says it's beatable.
Our prayers & hearts are with you.

Windy
05-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Yes I am the lucky one. :)

Tremor Girl
05-24-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm sure you've done all the research but Lymphoma is highly receptive to treatment. A very close friend of mine was in Stage 4 and given 2 WEEKS to get his affairs in order. That was 4 1/2 years ago! He spent about 1 year in treatment with holistic and traditional doctors and has been cancer free for 3 1/2 years and counting :p His traditional doctors were absolutely shocked at his recovery and feel alot of it was from the diet the holistic doctors had him on. I know how hard it is for everyone involved. I am a survivor myself and it's terrifiying. Thoughts and prayers for all of you.

Mr.Havasu
05-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Windy;
Thoughts and prayers from us. I know it's a hard thing to go through, sometimes you just need a good cry and then pick yourself back up. It's been over 20 years for me and I do remember a few long cries and then you just go on. Keep positive it will save you.
Love you
Michele & John

Silver
05-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Have FAITH, HOPE, and it seems he has Love.
Never give up, fight!
I know easier said than done! It must be hard, and it's ok to have a moment of weakness....it makes you stronger!
God Bless!

coolchange
05-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Its OK to break down, It clears you out then you can go on. I know too many people dealing with this now. Had a friend with lymphoma about 15 years ago. He didn't finish his chemo cause he threw up in his helmet one day and said "no more". Oh ya he's still around pissing me off. I got the big C. when they finally figured it out they couldn't figure out how I was going to work it was that far along. Should have had 1 induction and 1 maybe 2 consolidation treatments. Had 5. Said I REALLY needed a Bone Marrow transplant. Didn't happen. Matter of fact your kinda chokin me up, I'm comin up on 20 years.
Attitude is everything. But its not in our hands.

blown dough
05-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi Windy - Rememebr God Will Never Give You More Than You Can Handel. You Are Stronger Than You Think!!!

3 daytona`s
05-24-2006, 05:55 PM
I`ve been attempting to stay in background,since new to this place.I have to say that is the most unbelivable ignorant statement I`ve heard in some time (BARRING SOME POLITICIANS LATELY) Mr. Brown you should be setting the BAR HIGHER , :confused: boy that would be wonderful to read if you or someone you loved had cancer read don`t hope your BAR IS SET WAY TO HIGH Be very careful Sir VERY VERY possible this will affect your family. NO HOPE = GIVE UP

Mandelon
05-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Hang in there kiddo, sending some positive vibes your way. :rollside:
A 10 year old two doors down from me has a tumor in his neck. His regular doctor missed it too. Even Xray missed it. The MRI picked it up. Poor kid goes in to the hospital tomorrow.
Cancer does suck. :(

Ivan Dan
05-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Why does it happen to the good people. My brother is young, successful, happily married, served in the Army during the Pursain Gulf war, and has been healthy all of his life. Then one day we find out hes has Lymphoma and is in STAGE 3.
They wouldve made the best parents...now he will never be able to have kids of his own...and I cant even think about the worst. :frown:
Hes been positive throughout this whole thing and never shows his feelings, but this morning he broke down...and its heartwrenching. I appreciate the best wishes Ive been getting for my brother.
Its just not fair. :confused:
Hug yoiur family and tell them you love them.
Hey Windy.....first off I just wanted to say hang in there and definitely keep your spirits up and your bro will see that and pull strength from you and your family.
My family is going through a similiar situation right now as my mom was diagnosed with cancer just a couple days ago and is scheduled to start Chemotherapy tomorrow. I too thought the same things as you like why is this happening to a good person. I agree with you, everyone needs to hug your family and tell them you love them because things like this can pop up at any time to anyone as shown here.
I wish your bro and your entire family the best and again stay positive.

Charley
05-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Im very sorry Windy :(

Not So Fast
05-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Windy: I know this is late in this thread but maybe you will read it. My oldest son was diagnosed over 6 years ago with the same thing. I will not try to tell you it wasn't hard to swallow or that the process was anything but a real bitch but the good news is with todays medicines and technology he is alive today and has been clean for over 5 years now. You just have to believe and make him believe because it can be beat. God bless! NSF (Bobby)

catalinaskiracer
05-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Windy, my thoughts and prayers to your brother and the entire family! My cousin was just diagnosed with lung cancer and is in kemo now so I kind of understand. Thoughts and prayers!

Tom Brown
05-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Mr. Brown you should be setting the BAR HIGHER
My goal, bar wise, is child limbo dancer height.
that would be wonderful to read if you or someone you loved had cancer read don`t hope your BAR IS SET WAY TO HIGH Be very careful Sir VERY VERY possible this will affect your family. NO HOPE = GIVE UP
3d, I don't wish cancer on anyone. Every one of us here is affected by it in some way, or another. I apologize if I touched a nerve.
Lance Armstrong's strength as a person reaches far beyond cancer clinics and patients. I'll bet most of the people who see him as a great man, or maybe even a hero, have never had cancer. He's a hero to me.
It would have to be annoying though, as a cancer patient, to have to live in his shadow. He is the answer to every cancer patient's negative outlook. Can you imagine what every conversation must be like?
"I wish I could....." / "Lance Armstrong"
"I'll never be able to...." / "LANCE ARMSTRONG"
:D :D :D
Life is short. I believe in my heart that the best thing we can do for Windy and her brother is to have a few laughs, pull together, and support our friend. Windy has been in this group a long time and she proved long ago that she is a wonderful person and a good friend. Perhaps it will ease your mind to know that I have massively positive thoughts and wishes for Windy and her brother.
We're all on the same team here. :)
Once again, I apologize if I have offended you. Let's move on, try to find joy and happiness wherever we can, and support our friends and the people we love.
Now here's something to be upset about.... My first response in this thread was:
Cancer SUCKS!!!
Hey... it's not for everyone.
I deleted it within a few seconds of posting it but I'm pretty sure Windy saw it. I hope she knows I didn't mean anything negative toward her or her brother. It seemed like a funny thing to say.
Anyway, wanting to support my friend, I replaced that post with my first post in the thread. :)

Her454
05-25-2006, 02:45 PM
My goal, bar wise, is child limbo dancer height.
3d, I don't wish cancer on anyone. Every one of us here is affected by it in some way, or another. I apologize if I touched a nerve.
Lance Armstrong's strength as a person reaches far beyond cancer clinics and patients. I'll bet most of the people who see him as a great man, or maybe even a hero, have never had cancer. He's a hero to me.
It would have to be annoying though, as a cancer patient, to have to live in his shadow. He is the answer to every cancer patient's negative outlook. Can you imagine what every conversation must be like?
"I wish I could....." / "Lance Armstrong"
"I'll never be able to...." / "LANCE ARMSTRONG"
:D :D :D
Life is short. I believe in my heart that the best thing we can do for Windy and her brother is to have a few laughs, pull together, and support our friend. Windy has been in this group a long time and she proved long ago that she is a wonderful person and a good friend. Perhaps it will ease your mind to know that I have massively positive thoughts and wishes for Windy and her brother.
We're all on the same team here. :)
Once again, I apologize if I have offended you. Let's move on, try to find joy and happiness wherever we can, and support our friends and the people we love.
Now here's something to be upset about.... My first response in this thread was:
I deleted it within a few seconds of posting it but I'm pretty sure Windy saw it. I hope she knows I didn't mean anything negative toward her or her brother. It seemed like a funny thing to say.
Anyway, wanting to support my friend, I replaced that post with my first post in the thread. :)
Tom, highly unlikely that Windy mistook your well intended humor for anything but that. Anyone that has spent any amount of time on this board knows that you, of all people would never say anything hurtful or disrepectful regarding anyone with cancer and the result it has on everyone it touches or effects. Many, many people can relate to this horrible thing that has taken many of our loved ones and effected some of us in an even more private way, and I for one enjoy each and every time you bring a smile to my face in a sad situation.
Thank you for that, and I hope you never stop making me laugh.

topless
05-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Tom, highly unlikely that Windy mistook your well intended humor for anything but that. Anyone that has spent any amount of time on this board knows that you, of all people would never say anything hurtful or disrepectful regarding anyone with cancer and the result it has on everyone it touches or effects. Many, many people can relate to this horrible thing that has taken many of our loved ones and effected some of us in an even more private way, and I for one enjoy each and every time you bring a smile to my face in a sad situation.
Thank you for that, and I hope you never stop making me laugh.Quit being all sentimental and shit.

Her454
05-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Quit being all sentimental and shit.
Forgive me, I must be PMS'd.....and shit. :rollside:
Windy, my prayers are with your family.

Bling Bling
05-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Hope, strength, luck, and more years to come is sent your way. Many of my family members has fought the Cancer bug. Tell your Bro to stay positive, and live life LARGE!!!!

gigamurph
05-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Yes it does! I've lost two uncles to the damn stuff and the daughter-in-law has been doin' chemo for a little over a year and just had a masectomy last Fri. then the doctor comes out and says that they had found cancer cells in her lymph nodes and had to leave them and will be treatin' it with radiation. Yes, CANCER SUX! But with a sister like you pullin' for him and with all the thoughts and prayers that I'm sure will be comin' his way, good things are sure to be in the future. Remain strong; our thoughts are with your brother and his loved ones. da gigs love ya!

Kilrtoy
05-26-2006, 12:44 AM
I finally read this and Im sorry to hear about your brother Windy.....