PDA

View Full Version : What was .....

Cheap Thrills
05-24-2006, 11:18 AM
the dumbest stunt you ever pulled as a kid?
I remember when I was a kid I was facinated with flight so I built a hang glider out of scrap lumber and an old tarp. I climbed on top of the house to the peak of the roof with my new wings and jumped from 25' needless to say the glide ratio wasnt anywhere near what I was hoping for. :D No broken bones though :p
C.T. :wink:

Not So Fast
05-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Getting started posting on here :rolleyes: 2nd dumbest thing, thinking I could stop :confused: NSF

Tom Brown
05-24-2006, 11:36 AM
When I was about 10 I thought I could make our Y-back canoe plane with a small Evenrude outboard.

Freak
05-24-2006, 11:39 AM
using a shop vac to syphin gas

Caribbean Jet
05-24-2006, 11:42 AM
When I was about 10, I took rubber cement and made it into a ball and stuck needles in it and threw it against walls. Oh ya while I was in school. Very stupid

Havasu_Dreamin
05-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Car Tag.....

pjones
05-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Was curious to know what would happen if I stuck a piece
of stripped wire into a 110 outlet. :rolleyes:
Well......1st of all it scares the crap out of a 7 year old.
2nd- all the lights in the house went out...
and 3rd said 7 year old got a pretty serious spanking...

Chromegorilla
05-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I can't answer that, as the statute of limitations has not expired for it yet.... :) :crossx: :)

HavasuSelect
05-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Put boiling hot water in my fish tank because it was cold outside. As soon as I put the fish in they floated to the top.

topless
05-24-2006, 02:14 PM
I put my little brother in the dryer and turned it on.

Froggystyle
05-24-2006, 02:30 PM
I put my little brother in the dryer and turned it on.
That isn't dumb... that is mandatory. You just need to make sure it is on "Air Fluff" instead of max heat. We learned that one the hard way... ;)
I would have to say .22 pellet gun wars with spitwads instead of pellets. They still hurt pretty badly.

topless
05-24-2006, 02:32 PM
That isn't dumb... that is mandatory. You just need to make sure it is on "Air Fluff" instead of max heat. We learned that one the hard way... ;)
I would have to say .22 pellet gun wars with spitwads instead of pellets. They still hurt pretty badly.Well I wish you had been there to tell my parents that!

RandyH
05-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Well , I thought by waiting for the gas to soak into the leaf pile would help it burn better. wrong.......BOOM.
or throwing the bag of old .22 caliber amo into the burn barrel. that was not so good either.....
RandyH

Cheap Thrills
05-24-2006, 02:39 PM
I just remembered another one..
Hiding out in the bushes in our front yard shooting at hubcaps of passing cars with a slingshot. I liked Fords the best, they made a nice GONG ! sound :D

FMluvswater
05-25-2006, 02:48 AM
When I was 6 and my friend was 7, we (as well as her two little sisters -ages 3 & 5) were playing in their family station wagon. Somebody had destructive tendencies and was ripping chunks of the seat foam out through cigarette burn holes in the seat cover. There were matches in hand somehow. My older and wiser friend bragged to me that she could light a small chunk of foam and get out of the car before it finished burning - I bet her she couldn't (stupid stupid stupid :( ) and she was forced to prove it. Heart pounding long story short the car was a burned out skeleton after a big kaboom. :eek: My friend burned her fingertips pretty badly. She was so worried about getting in trouble for the matches that she didn't tell her Mom she had a real bad owwie or that a lil chunk of foam was burning away in the front seat of the car (hence the kaboom). I can't recall what our punishments were ... so perhaps we were severely beaten. :idea: Back in the olden days when shit like that still happened and it was called discipline. :)

Hotcobra270
05-25-2006, 09:26 AM
I was about 6 and I tried to ride a calf.. rodeo style..

NeedlesNut
05-25-2006, 09:35 AM
listening to my 2 older brothers dare me to do a flip off the roof of our house an me being crazy enough to do..... landing on feet and no broken bones but boy does that hurt the ol ankles....

RitcheyRch
05-25-2006, 09:54 AM
I did a similar thing when I was 5 but I used tweezers. I also had the same outcome.
Was curious to know what would happen if I stuck a piece
of stripped wire into a 110 outlet. :rolleyes:
Well......1st of all it scares the crap out of a 7 year old.
2nd- all the lights in the house went out...
and 3rd said 7 year old got a pretty serious spanking...

99 232 baja
05-25-2006, 10:15 AM
When I was 8 my best friend and I played wiffle ball all the time,after awhile the ball would split. Seeing that we were kids with little income we decided to melt to ball back together,we didn't notice the gas going from the ball up the can when we lit the ball...next thing we knew the can was on fire and we were running,minute later the can blew up and caught the side of the house on fire. Lucky there was road construction going on in front the house and one of the worker put the fire out. Got discplined that day.

beever_retreever
05-25-2006, 10:39 AM
at church. i was a 5th grade altar boy messin around before mass. we used to flick lit matches into a soap tray attached to a sink in the changing room. we'd joke about the 84 challenger incident. anyway, one of the lit matches missed the soap tray and landed in a trash bin. unbeknownst to us, the trash caught fire and so did some shelving. 10 minutes into mass one of the nuns came running into the church yelling fire.
Thank goodness I didn't get into any trouble. I told the priest that if he told my parents I'd rat him out for his Kinko the clown parties. Just kidding. That was probably in bad taste. I got the shaft, from my parents....you sicko's.

beever_retreever
05-25-2006, 10:51 AM
I once tried blowing a handful of pepper up my baby sister's nose. you know, just like in cartoons. it doesn't work that way. the pepper goes in their eyes and apparently it burns something awful. To top it off, she detached her retina and irritated her macula. Basically, it caused her to develop a lazy eye. I can't help but smile everytime I see her senior class picture.

No Name
05-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Accidentally caught my parents mattress on fire. The best part was I ran outside turned the garden hose on full blast and ran thru the living room and down the hall soaking everything in my path. I remember being happy that the hose was long enough to make it to my destination, Right up until the time my pops got home.
I received a pretty good betting for that one. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Cheap Thrills
05-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Dayyyum BR. and I thought I was a trouble child.
Here's another.
I took a couple of thumbtacks and and attached a wire to each one ,pushed them into the door frame. I hung a sign above the tacks that said"Automatic Door Opener Try Me" When my mom came home from work she had no idea that secretely connected to the wire on the other side of the door was a Bushwacker electric fence charger.:D she doesn't remember opening the door but I remember the whoopin I got.

Flyinbowtie
05-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Underestimating the explosive power of two cherry bombs combined with a gallon of gasoline.
Underestimating the explosive power of 2 of said such devices placed at the foot of a piece of playground equipment in a sandbox on a Saturday night at about midnight.
Overestimating the delay factor a Lucky Strike cigarette provided when attached to the fuse.
Underestimating the patrol frequency of the local po-lice.
Improperly deducing the location the local fire personnel would park their vehicles. (Near the dumpster)
Underestimating the stink and the foulness of the garbage in the dumpster, and the amount of time involved parties woud have to spend in said dumpster, under said garbage, in their effort to avoid contact with the peoples in authority lurking outside and around said dumpster.
If any of the above happened, and I ain't saying if it did,
I ain't saying I was involved.
And if it did happen, and anybody was involved, it was about 35 years ago.
But, I ain't sayin'

NeedlesNut
05-25-2006, 12:08 PM
wasn't me but a friends brother threw a lit cherry bomb and tossed it in the toilet and flush..... just image the mess it made..... :crossx: