PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Custom Boats?

Catatonic
02-21-2002, 07:31 AM
On the east side of I-15 in Lake Elsinore there is a new boat builder called Eclipse Custom Boats. They are featuring what looks like a 27-28 foot tunnel that doesn't look too bad from the freeway. Anyone know of these guys? Are they an offshoot of another company? Just want to know if taking a tour of their shop is worth the effort.

Kona Jet
02-21-2002, 11:43 AM
cat...
It is funny you ask the question because I was wondering the same thing... I am not too far from them. I called them once and I guess they are just tooling up that cat. They said it was a 26 ft. I have no idea who they are but they did say they had been around for 3 years. I guess one of the guys use to work for elimiator. Let us know if you go take a tour or if I get a chance I will let you all know

riverbnd
02-22-2002, 08:13 AM
I stopped and talked to them last weekend. They are making a plug for a 24ft cat, the mold should be ready in four weeks. They told me they were taking orders and making deals for the first few. The boat on display looks good. They won't be doing the glass work, they said Eliminator might do it for them. I was quoted 45-50 thousand for the 24ft with a 496.

Catatonic
02-27-2002, 08:04 AM
We're you able to see any of their finished products? I was wondering how everything else looked.

bigq
03-06-2002, 04:36 PM
I too stopped by the shop today.I saw the top of the 24 plug, looks nice and doesn't look like anything else. The owner seems like a nice guy and said he worked for Warlock and Eliminator, been in biz for 13 years he said. He started Eclipse 3 yrs ago and sells the full line of Eliminators with them doing the rigging, just like DCB started.Like I said the 24 looks nice and it is all original, don't know about the bottom. He also quoted me 49k with a fully loaded 496HO. Sounds like a good price, minus stereo, but need to see the finished hulls. he said the end of April is the first delivery.