PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Mortgages

JB in so cal
05-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Anyone in the business that does 'em? Pros/Cons. My parents want to stay in their house.
Thanks.

Tequila-John
05-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Anyone in the business that does 'em? Pros/Cons. My parents want to stay in their house.
Thanks.
My parents did one on there home that was paid off in Laguna Beach.
Pro's = Having money without having to pay it back with a monthly payment
Cons= Very exspensive to write. The lender charges ALOT to write them
who ever get the home at time of death needs to pay the negitive back either with cash or refi'ing the home into there own name.

JB in so cal
05-24-2006, 11:33 AM
from what I understand, there shouldn't be any negative balance as the lender won't payout more than, like 70% of home's value.

Tequila-John
05-24-2006, 11:48 AM
yes you are right on the 70% payout. But when the last surviver dies they payout needs to be paid off either by the person who the home is left to or the bank takes it for payoff

JB in so cal
05-24-2006, 11:51 AM
yes you are right on the 70% payout. But when the last surviver dies they payout needs to be paid off either by the person who the home is left to or the bank takes it for payoff
but, say both parents die and the home is left in trust or willed to a survivor; that person can sell and keep any proceeds left after payoffs, right?

Tequila-John
05-24-2006, 11:54 AM
but, say both parents die and the home is left in trust or willed to a survivor; that person can sell and keep any proceeds left after payoffs, right?
Yes. Bottom line it has to be paid off FIRST

rodnjen
05-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm not in the business but if you look a the math the fees and risks are pretty substantial. You would probably be better off loaning them the money.

Havasu Luvr
05-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Call American Mortage, Shannon Shannon @ 760-843-3899, tell them David @ Big Baller Digital referred you. She will be more then happy to answer all the question