PDA

View Full Version : Havagas???

TRIMM MANN
05-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Anyone know anything about the quality of gas at Havagas on Pala Verde North.
My buddy just blew up a fresh motor and the engine builder said it was probably old gas or lower octane than posted. He had filled up at Havagas that weekend. :cry: Just the 91 octane.

NOTALENT
05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Thats what I always used and never a problem....Had a problem at terribles the one time I used them.....
havagas also has the best sub sandwiches ever!!!! :crossx:

Quality Time
05-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Sounds like the engine builder is trying to blame someone else :rolleyes:

pushnwood
05-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I filled up there last Friday w/91 & I thought my boat was running bad.Never had a problem there before, keep us posted!

havasurat27
05-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Never have had a problem there.....great sandwiches too!

RiverRatMike
05-24-2006, 12:54 PM
I believe it's the same crappy gas as super fuels

TRIMM MANN
05-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Engine builder is someone we all know. He would not do that.
Heard the same thing from a lot of different people. Not about Havagas but about bad or old gas.
Please keep the comments coming.
I personally have never had a problem with Havagas.

HocusPocus
05-24-2006, 01:27 PM
our house is just down the street from there and we have been filling up our boats and seadoos there for years, never had a problem.

eman1625
05-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I've filled up there a couple of times and never a problem.
And yes the sandwiches are no joke!

bgdunc43
05-24-2006, 01:31 PM
That is where we fill up our boat and have never had a problem. Just mentioning those sandwiches is making me hungry. Can't wait to go back.

USCFAN
05-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Buddy filled up there a couple of weeks ago with 91 octane and had no problems...

frdvschvy
05-24-2006, 01:38 PM
They are on our way from the house to the ramp, and we have used them just about every trip out. Never had any problems with their gas. Plus the sandwiches are killer!

HavasuSelect
05-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Thats what I always used and never a problem....Had a problem at terribles the one time I used them.....
havagas also has the best sub sandwiches ever!!!! :crossx:
I don't know dude, you gotta try Kiowa Drive Thru!

OLDRAT
05-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Might have him pull some of the remaining gas out of the tank and
let the engine builder have it checked for water content, octane,
etc. just to be sure.
Who knows, the tanker truck may have put something else in
the 91 storage tank.
Just a thought..........................
OR

1ASKYDV
05-24-2006, 02:56 PM
My place is just around the corner from them and I will not put their gas in the boat. Last year, while waiting in line at the pumps, a guy in front of me overfilled and spilled gas all over the side of his boat. It came out some ugly yellow color that stained the side of his boat!!
Sandwiches are great though!!!!

Kilrtoy
05-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Sorry to hear that,
but that is why you never skimp, always use texico , Chevron Mobil or Shell.

TRIMM MANN
05-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Sorry to hear that,
I feel the same way. Usually Chevron. But the one by Walmart is now a stupid Circle K :crossx:

voodoomedman
05-24-2006, 03:37 PM
I feel the same way. Usually Chevron. But the one by Walmart is now a stupid Circle K :crossx:
I know I was mad about that too. I would just go down Kiowa from the house instead of Industrial on the way to Windsor and fill her up. Now I gotta go all the way over to where the Mobil and Terribles and Chevron are and get gas.

DILLIGAF
05-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Nodigg gets his gas from there and when I am in Havasu that is where I normally go. Never had a problem. If you think the sandwiches are good try one of their breakfast burritos :)

Knucklehead
05-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Call AZ department of weights and measures, if you make a complaint they have to go pull a sample and send it to a lab for testing. They post there results on there website and the station will get fined for bad gas(if it is) then the station may be liable for ruining your engine. weights and measures phone number is on every pump at any gas station the little blue and white sticker. I believe they get there fuel from Pro Petroleum (Phoenix)
http://azdwm.gov/dwm/pv/Inspection_Search.asp

HatenWinter
05-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Since were sharing our bad gas experiences, filled up the suburban at the texaco on Lake Havasu Ave (can't remember the cross st.) and the thing knocked the whole time we were there. Glad I chose not to fill the boat there, always Chevron or Mobile for me!

Havasu47
05-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Simple.... pull some gas from the boat, have it tested. That will answer all your questions.

Knucklehead
05-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Simple.... pull some gas from the boat, have it tested. That will answer all your questions.
The state test the gas at BSI inspectorate in Phoenix, an independent certified lab. You would not want to pay for tests to be done, it is very expensive.

TIBURON
05-24-2006, 06:52 PM
I had a local Havasu builder looked over my boat after a blown head gasket, and he pulled that bad gas thing on me..
After taken it back 4-5 times ruining my season and changing head gaskets twice then having to buy a new head due to a crack, it still blew again.
Make a long story short, I took it back to the Original Builder [All Seasons Marine (Awesome Builders / Very Reliable) out of Boulder Nevada]; it still had a cracked head and blown head gasket. Dont know what the hell the Havasu builder did, but my alternator was fried, batteries fried (new Optimas), amps & stereo fuses blown. I think whoever worked on it was smokin crack at the time...
Rather not get into who it is, but a very well known mechanic and builder in Havasu. BEWARE ! ! ! You know who you are ! ! !

purrfecttremor
05-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Does anyone use parker oil behind the windsor ramp? I use it for convenience and never had any problems.

1ASKYDV
05-25-2006, 05:23 AM
Does anyone use parker oil behind the windsor ramp? I use it for convenience and never had any problems.
That is where I go when all the other stations are backed up, and never had a problem. Using them off and on for about 4 years now.

purrfecttremor
05-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Thanks!!

Havasu Cig
05-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hear that,
I might be a little biased but I would narrow it down to 76 or Chevron. Both top tier rated gas.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Anyone know anything about the quality of gas at Havagas on Pala Verde North.....Just the 91 octane.
Just down the hill from my house too.....
Never had a problem with the fuel and I really need a true 91 with my engine...
Also......REALLY great sandwiches!!!!
The help kinda sucks though......
Oh....and I think it costs about $500 to test the fuel...
Later,
CJG
:rollside: