PDA

View Full Version : Let's all shop at Sears!!!

RitcheyRch
05-24-2006, 12:28 PM
I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.
Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell! them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.
Pass it on.
So I, (Beth) decided to check it out before I sent it forward. I sent the following email to the Sears Customer Service Department:
I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item even if it was cheaper at the other store.
Here is their answer to my email......................
Dear Customer:
Thank you for contacting Sears.
The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.
Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
webcenter@sears.com
1-800-349-4358

Jyruiz
05-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Gald I buy all my tools there, maybe I will have to walk thru the whole store one of these days and see what else I can pick up.

Chromegorilla
05-24-2006, 12:34 PM
I work for Michelin. They too treat reservists very well. A fella I work with just got back from over a year in Iraq. Michelin basically treats your deployment the say as a sick day. Just one loooooong sick day. When you come back you haven't lost a thing, pay/seniority/benefits... yadda yadda yadda....
Good to see companies like SEARS and MICHILEN go beyond what is required by law...... cause god nows there are companies out there that will only do the bare minimum at best.....

lakewake
05-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Here is link to ESGR. Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve. You can click on your state and find the businesses that support our service people.
http://www.esgr.org/employers2/programs.asp?c=mapSOS.html

cc322
05-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Have always shoped there for certain things just bought a ss fridge there sun.

life's a river
05-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Sears is awesome! It's too bad that some people take advantage of there store policies and return items that were broken or worn out on purpose.

Boatcop
05-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Just dropped a bundle there for a new washer and dryer for Mrs. BoatCop.
Now if you really want to support the Guard and Reserve, call or write your Senators and Congressmen and ask them to support HR783 (House) and SB639 (Senate).
Those bills would reduce the age at which National Guard & Reservists collect their retirement benefits from 60 to 55.
Active Duty can collect their retirement pay after 20 years, immediately on retirement, sometimes as young as 37 years old. But we Reservists now have to wait until we turn 60 to start collecting.

LakeRacer
05-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Just dropped a bundle there for a new washer and dryer for Mrs. BoatCop.
Now if you really want to support the Guard and Reserve, call or write your Senators and Congressmen and ask them to support HR783 (House) and SB639 (Senate).
Those bills would reduce the age at which National Guard & Reservists collect their retirement benefits from 60 to 55.
Active Duty can collect their retirement pay after 20 years, immediately on retirement, sometimes as young as 37 years old. But we Reservists now have to wait until we turn 60 to start collecting.
Thanks for the info Alan. I can't understand why they don't pay us right away. We aren't going to get full pay anyway. And when I was still in the reserves they expected me on my designated weekend. Why can't I expect to get paid when I retired??? Oh well, five less years is better than nothing.