PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say "thanks"...

Havasu Hangin'
02-05-2002, 07:11 PM
I just wanted to say “thanks” to everyone who has donated to the families of the victims of the HTM accident on 1/11/02 that took the lives of Steve Colombe, Ken Lane, Nelson Brigman, and Chuck Wiseman. Because of your support over the past two weeks, we raised over $6,300 in US and $100 in Canadian funds, which is going next week to the families left behind by this tragic accident. You all can be very proud of your response to help our fellow performance boating family members.
Also, thank you to those who are putting a decal on your truck and/or boat. If you see these displayed, youÂ’ll know where they came from. For me personally, it will be a way to remember those who died doing what we all love.
I have had an opportunity to speak with the family members over the past few weeks, and there are a few common observations:
1.Be safe out there. These guys were just going boating- no goodbyes were said. It could have been anyone of us, so think safety. If someone sees a decal, and puts a vest on when maybe they wouldnÂ’t have before, then weÂ’ve done some good.
2.They cannot believe how much people care that they didnÂ’t even know. IÂ’ve encouraged them to look at the boards, and they are comforted by the messages displayed.
3.Get your financial affairs in order. Like I said, it could have been any of us, and planning for a tragedy is not the most cheerful thing to do, but it will make a difference to those left behind.
4.Although we all want to know what happened, it wonÂ’t bring them back.
I also want to thank the HTM owners who sent me e-mails and pictures outlining their experiences with this first-rate builder. They not only build a great boat, but care about their customers, as well.
In addition, I wanted to take some server space and personally thank the following people:
Tom Abrams, Alicia Baker, Mike Balz, Doug Barton, Steve Bastin, Big Sucker Marine Jeff Blanton, Richard & Allison Blocker, Dave Bottomley, Peter Bouras, Don Bowman, Travis Bozzano, John & Michele Brauata, Gary Breid, Donna & Sam Buchkovich, Bryon & Kelly Bueter, Rex Bullock, Nichole Campion-Galegos, Enrique Carvajal, Chris Cooley, Gerrit Costelow, David Craig, Critical Lift Offshore Racing (Ted, Joanne, Michael, & Lauren), Chris Cromely, Phillip & Annamarie Currie, Danny Curtis, Bill Day, Thomas & Charlene Devitt, The Donaldson Family, James Dyna, Timothy Elenbaas, James Engelbrecht, David Erwin, Erik Eyrigollen, Family & Performance Boating Magazine (Warren), Adam Farnung, Chuck Foley, Rick Freeman, Dave & Amy Frimodig, Walter Frome, Nichole Gallegos, Todd Gallemore, Jay Garrett, Kenny & Renatea Gaumer, Jan Gibeanot, Leo & Lisa Gill, John Gimpl, Ed Ginnity, Joe Glass & family, Sy Goldberg, Scott Goodwin, Mike Green, Chris Hamlin, Kim Hansen, Mark Hesford, Steve & Sharon Horn, Hot Boat Magazine (Kevin & Erik), Attilla Hrivik, Dennis Huber, Tedd &Tiffany Hull, Michael Isselhardt, David & Stephanie Ivy, J&M Marine, Thomas Koziol, Kelly Kraiss, Kevin & Julie Kunda, KunkelÂ’s Marine, Paul Kunze, Chris Lake, Warren Lanear, Katheryn Leonard, Lewis Concrete Construction Co (Joe Don & Carol), Chris Lloyd, Mark & Kristi Lutrel, Dick, Connie, & Craig Macrae, Robb Maltempo, Tina & Jim Martins, Barry Maskowitz, Kevin & Kristin Maurer, Garry Mills, Andrew Moore, Stella Moore, John Moreno, Sannie Murdock, Fred & Annette Nelson, Thomas Newby, Patrick OÂ’Neill, Sean Olsen, Mike Parks, Bradford & Tammi Perry, Gary Platt, John Powell, Tom Prast, R&L Outboard, Pete Rajala, Scott Ramey, Windy Rasmussen (& Randy), Caleb & Vicky Reese, Kevin Robertson, Allan Rosenthal, Jerry Runge, Michael Sance, Noah & Jeanette Sanchez, Anthony Santocono, Brian Scythes, Marcel Sengul, Daniel Shannon, David Simon, Duane Sims, Eric Spadavecchia, Jeff & Stacy Sparks, James & Julie Staab, Randy Stecyk, Dana Strunk, Mark Struve, Sunrise Concrete Pumping (Robert & Laurie), Mike & Kristin Svendsen, Travis Swenson, Beverly Swift, Francis Swift-Monson, Duane Takeuchi, Jeffrey Thieme, Rip Tomlinson, Meline Tovmasian, Tad Ulrich, Don Veldink, Rick Villanueva, Chris Vollmer, Timothy Walker, Scott Wandersee, John & Donna Watson, Larry & Debbie Williams, Hunter Williamson, WoodyÂ’s Marine, Zaundra Yatron, Matt Yorke, Robert & Arleen Zasadil, Robert Zellmer, and Ted & Joanne Zoli.
Also I appreciate all the support from this site, and these other sites, as well:
www.havasubarney.com (http://www.havasubarney.com), www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net), www.arizona***boats.com (http://www.arizona***boats.com), www.offshoreonly.com (http://www.offshoreonly.com), www.screamandfly.com (http://www.screamandfly.com), www.norcal***boats.com (http://www.norcal***boats.com), and www.dragboatracing.com (http://www.dragboatracing.com)
The PO Box address was originally used because we did not have a bank account set up yet. However, there is now a bank account set up, so any further donations can be sent directly to:
HTM Memorial Fund
C/O Valencia Bank & Trust
18710 Soledad Canyon Rd.
Canyon Country, CA 91351
IMHO, there is a real hero among us- JETBOAT BRIAN. Brian has been feverously printing, cutting, and shipping decals for free. To date, he has shipped out over 560 decals. After a week or so, if you didnÂ’t receive your decal, or if you would like to order a decal, BrianÂ’s e-mail is Edge931@cs.com.
If you received your decal, and there was a fingertip in the envelope, Brian says he needs it back.
As for an update, I wish I had more info for you. The boat was recovered, but no word yet. I spoke with Lia the other day, and she assured me that she will be moving forward with HTM, continuing on with SteveÂ’s dream.
Thanks again,
Jeff
AKA- Havasu HanginÂ’
[This message has been edited by Havasu Hangin' (edited February 05, 2002).]

waterbum
02-05-2002, 07:50 PM
Right back at ya brother.Sure would enjoy tilten' a cold one with you and JBB someday as you guys have demonstrated to all of us some very big hearts.I will always consider you two as friends I just haven't met yet.Bum

DickDanger
02-05-2002, 08:02 PM
That is great...getting this thing organized, and brining in that kind of cash. One question: are stickers still available??? -DD out

JETBOAT BRIAN
02-05-2002, 08:16 PM
All I need is your address and how many dude .Send them to edge931@cs.com
On a personal; note, since were handing out kudo's tonite, The major amount has to go to HH,for HE is the one who had the knowledge to get the whole donation enchilida rolling more or less by himself,not an easy task, and his words have been of great comfort to the families .....Thanks friend JB

MissHBjet
02-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Wow...that is great!!! My thanks goes out to HavasuHangin, JetboatBrian, and HavasuBarney for putting all this together, so we could get some relief to the families. I apologize if I left anyone out who helped put together the HTM memorial fund. I also want to thank ***boat for these forums.
MissHBjet

boatnam2
02-05-2002, 09:05 PM
great job guys!

Charley
02-05-2002, 10:31 PM
Your efforts are truly impressive.... all of you guys have put in some serious effort to help someone elses personal tragedy. Thanks you guys!

pgf127rt
02-06-2002, 03:24 PM
JBB & HH, Received my stickers today, great work guy's, THANK YOU, for all of your hard work.
Joe Don & Carol Lewis

Tom Slick
02-06-2002, 04:38 PM
Right on you guy's. Great job on the HTM fund and glad to hear that Lia is moving ahead with HTM, as Steve would have wanted. I am already a proud HTM owner, and will drive my boat with even more pride this season as the legacy of HTM will continue on.

wavejumppin
02-08-2002, 09:17 AM
Thanks for everything, I received my stickers a few days ago.

HoJoe69
02-08-2002, 10:55 AM
Thanks JetBoatBrian and everybody that put this thing together. We could also thank everybody who donated by honking or waving at anybody you see proudly displaying the memorial sticker on their boat or ride.
The ***boating community will never forget...
Joe

modvptnl
02-11-2002, 12:29 PM
I want to thank JETBOAT BRIAN for the stickers. I'm proud to say I had my dad drop off a donation to the memorial fund (he lives in Santa Clarita/Valencia.
My kid wanted to steal my stickers and put 'em on his Mustang. No way!!!
Thanx again.

Havasu Hangin'
01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Just wanted to bring this to the top again on the one year anniversay of the accident.
Thanks to everyone who donated, or put a sticker on thier truck or boat.
We will not forget.

Reaper1
01-13-2003, 03:46 PM
Good thinking HH. We should all remember.