PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ?- How to Un-Winterize an OB

sigepmock
05-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Just picked up a pontoon with a DF50 Suzuki 4 stroke O/B. The boat was stored in Big Bear Lake and had been "winterized", all I can really see is a disconnected battery and the top half shrink wrapped. Any idea what/ if anything was done to the motor and how to get it ready to go again after six months in storage?
Thanks for helping this newbie out.
Chris

sigepmock
05-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Not sure if it's important but the motor is a fuel injected 3 cylinder. I think it's a 2002.
Thanks again,
Chris

sigepmock
05-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Wow you guys are about as helpful as the Cats and Tunnels guys :D

dicudmore
05-25-2006, 07:47 AM
take it to Savage and have them "de-winterize" the damn thing while you check on the progress of my Shadow :D

blender over
05-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Wow you guys are about as helpful as the Cats and Tunnels guys :D
Drain the gas if nobody put stableizer in it over the winter!!
Its a o/b it will run :crossx:

sigepmock
05-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Drain the gas if nobody put stableizer in it over the winter!!
Its a o/b it will run :crossx:
Thanks, that's what I was thinking.....oil change, swap out the gas, maybe new plugs..... and fire the thing up.
Just wanted to be sure.
Chris

sigepmock
05-25-2006, 08:34 AM
take it to Savage and have them "de-winterize" the damn thing while you check on the progress of my Shadow :D
Well if we can't get it to fire ...we just might.

dicudmore
05-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Well if we can't get it to fire ...we just might.
if you still have it next year don't winterize it...just trim the motor down to the straight up and down position and you're good to go :cool:
What are the details on this 'toon??

sigepmock
05-25-2006, 08:57 AM
if you still have it next year don't winterize it...just trim the motor down to the straight up and down position and you're good to go :cool:
What are the details on this 'toon??
20 foot hooptie with a new Suzuki 50HP four stroke. I posted pics in C&Ts :crossx:
When's your boat gonna be done?

dicudmore
05-25-2006, 08:58 AM
20 foot hooptie with a new Suzuki 50HP four stroke. I posted pics in C&Ts :crossx:
When's your boat gonna be done?
yeah, damn work has the pics blocked...
should be a good cruiser for you guys.
Mine...maybe this weekend?

MrsSigEpMock
05-25-2006, 09:00 AM
FREEBIE!!! :rollside: Gift from the G-parents, Chris and Megan's (MrsPhuggit) parents got it for the kiddies to cruise for DL weekends.