PDA

View Full Version : HALLELUJAH!!!!! Problem solved.

stashtrey
05-24-2006, 07:50 PM
New carb installed.
Rewired ignition.
Problem solved.
Fires right up on first turn of the key!!!
After inspection... I noticed that the ignition wire was actually bare wire rapped around the post on my balast resistor..... just raw wire wrapped around the screw. Unbelievable. I had a new wiring harness laying around that I was 'planning' on doing. Slapped the new wires in and the thing just fired right up.
I cannot believe all the headaches I've been having over this and it looks like my big problem was just not enough spark due to some really poor wiring.
Now I have to apologize to my neighbors for gassing my motor several times in pure joy this evening. My wife screamed at me and said I was embarrassing her. LOL.
Thanks to everyone that helped me through this and took the time to read my ridiculous threads.
:)

Cas
05-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Congrats! I can imagine you, as many before you, jumping around in utter excitement LOL

stashtrey
05-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Let me tell you.... the last couple weeks I've been seriously on edge. Mood swings etc. Tonight it all went away. Sounds pretty weird but seriously.... that stuff was driving me insane.

Cas
05-24-2006, 09:06 PM
you're not alone on that either. Now that you got that part licked you're about to enter the next step....more performance :D