shockwaveharry
09-07-2002, 09:14 AM
bigq:
[QUOTE]Two words.... Procharger or WhippleThat three words. wink

bigq
09-08-2002, 07:13 AM
shockwaveharry:
bigq:
[QUOTE]Two words.... Procharger or WhippleThat three words. wink LOL,yea ,but only two that matter. It was early. :o
[ September 08, 2002, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: bigq ]

bulldogdad
09-08-2002, 08:10 AM
can you say lots-o-money,lol,saw in this months hb mag,496 supercharges now avalible :D

aharonr34
09-25-2002, 12:46 PM
should have waited to buy... heard merc. has a new 496 ho that puts out 525 at the prop this year wait and we'll see @ la boat show. gotta love mercury

shockwaveharry
09-27-2002, 10:33 AM
aharon:
should have waited to buy... heard merc. has a new 496 ho that puts out 525 at the prop this year wait and we'll see @ la boat show. gotta love mercuryWhipple has a few performance packages for the 496, one of which is an ECM/K&N/cam/CMI exhaust kit (no s/c) that makes 525 HP at the prop so you didn't loose out! They also have a 445HP K&N/ECM upgrade, 470HP CMI/K&N/ECM upgrade and, of course, their 625HP supercharged package. They are the only people that I know of so far that can program the Mercruiser/Motorola ECM.
Have fun!

BALLSDEEP
09-28-2002, 11:31 AM
bigq:
fearnobeer:
suggestion on 496 hoTwo words.... Procharger or WhippleNot to badmouth any of these companies, or promote another magazine on the boards, but I just got done reading an article in Family and Performance Boating. I was a little more impressed with the marine kit that Vortech has. Like the article states, it’s not all about just bolting on some generic kit, to do it right you need bigger injectors, a fuel enrichment system etc… I only mention all of this, because a good friend of mine has a 22’ eliminator that had a 7.4 with a Procharger. After only 70 hours and 2 pistons later, he had to rebuild the whole motor. The motor kept leaning out on boost and eventually he grenaded the thing. After tearing the motor apart, and looking at the kit that was installed by Eliminator… It was a complete hack job. Most of the stuff wasn’t hooked up right. I do have a friend that works for Vortech, and after touring their facility; there is a lot of R&D that goes into their product. Again, not trying to down talk any of the companies, but look at them all. You may spend a little more money, but in the long run, it will be worth it.

shockwaveharry
09-30-2002, 11:20 AM
BALLSDEEP:
[QUOTE]...I was a little more impressed with the marine kit that Vortech has...Vortech doesn't make a kit for the 496HO yet.

shockwaveharry
09-30-2002, 11:27 AM
BALLSDEEP:
[QUOTE]...a good friend of mine has a 22’ eliminator that had a 7.4 with a Procharger...The motor kept leaning out on boost and eventually he grenaded the thing. After tearing the motor apart, and looking at the kit that was installed by Eliminator… It was a complete hack job. Most of the stuff wasn’t hooked up right...That's ProCharger's fault?

BALLSDEEP
09-30-2002, 06:22 PM
That's ProCharger's fault
Absolutely not Prochargers fault... If I was to point the finger at anyone, it would have to go to Eliminator for being hacks, and not installing it properly. All I was simply stating, is after touring their facility in Oxnard (close to my neck of the woods) and reading a couple of different articles, I feel that Vortech really has their shit together. Again, just my 2 cents, I am not bad mouthing anyone. I know Procharger, Whipple, etc, all put a lot of R&D into their product and they wouldn't sell a turd!