PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mohave!!!

stahcee7
05-25-2006, 04:13 PM
My family and I are going out to Lake mohave this weekend like thousands of other people. I am wondering if anyone knows where a trail that someone could drive down with one of thos pop-up trailer/tents and meet us with the boat on the shore to camp??????? I have a back country map that I got from parks n rec but no one seems to know what roads go to the water!! I wouldnt want to tell them we are going to meet somewhere and then be on a 30 ft cliff.. :220v:

Desert Rat
05-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Maybe telephone cove on the Nv side? It's pretty much directly across from Kathrines landing

stahcee7
05-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah... I know of that one... I am afraid it is just going to be SOOO busy!!! We are Trying to go up more towards cottonwood... Thank you soo much though!

Pipe Dream'n
05-25-2006, 04:59 PM
When I was young, we used to camp out of Six-mile Cove with my parents' motorhome. We would launch the boat in Cottonwood then drive the motorhome down to the cove to meet up with the boat on the beach. I think that Six-mile has lost some of its protection from the wind and waves since then due to flashflooding and such, but the park service maps still show primitive camping spots and roads to the area. I don't know what kind of boat you have, but smaller boats have been know to sink in while anchored in Six-mile when the wind and waves start to pick-up!
This map shows the primitive camping areas and roads into them:
Lake Mojave Backcountry Map (http://www.nps.gov/lame/Map1.pdf)
Good luck finding any camping spot or beach that isn't littered with boats and people this weekend!

stahcee7
05-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Thank you.. Thats where we were thinking of going.. I Didnt know if there was coves there or just one big beach.. O well we leave early in the morning.. I think we might just be camping in different spots!!! Memorial weekend is just so busy!!!!

Playbuoy
05-25-2006, 09:19 PM
You could also try Nelson's Landing. A few miles north of Cottonwood

Essexive G's
05-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Nelsons Landing is more than a few miles from Cottonwood. It's about 30 min. north on a good day.
Six Mile Cove is one big beach. About 60 to 75 yards wide depending on water level.
If you go to Six Mile this time of year you should really, really stock up on the "skeeter repellent" They love to hang in the Manzaneta during the day while the winds blows. Then stock up on your blood at night.
Worst place I've ever seen them, by far!

Playbuoy
05-26-2006, 08:35 AM
True, true, it's about 16 miles north of CWC by water