PDA

View Full Version : need pool help

carreraboat
05-26-2006, 08:57 AM
on my sand filter do i need to put de back in everytime i back flush?

ROZ
05-26-2006, 09:01 AM
on my sand filter do i need to put de back in everytime i back flush?
is it a sand or d.e filter..?

carreraboat
05-26-2006, 09:07 AM
de converted filter

pm069
05-26-2006, 09:08 AM
is it a sand or d.e filter..?
Yeah, thats what I thought too? :confused:

ROZ
05-26-2006, 09:30 AM
de converted filter
Absolutely... The backflush washes a lot of it away along with the trapped debris. A residue does remain on the filter grids. Because of this buildup, atleast once a year ( or every 6 months for a heavily used pool) you need to do a filter service. This means breaking the filter down , hosing off and inspct each individual filter grid, inspect the filter manifold, the grid brace, lube filter and manifold o-rings, reassemble , and reload filter with d.e. or the new pulp replacement material.
I'm doing 2 filter services today.. Good start on the season :)

carreraboat
05-26-2006, 11:27 AM
thanks for the help thats what i thought

Sleek-Jet
05-26-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm doing 2 filter services today.. Good start on the season :)
I thought you worked in a stereo shop??? :idea: :D :D

ROZ
05-26-2006, 11:33 AM
I thought you worked in a stereo shop??? :idea: :D :D
left there 3 months ago ! :D

riverracerx
05-26-2006, 11:38 AM
how do i keep water bugs out of my pool during he summer when it gets real hot?
My auto chlorinator has my levels perfect (salt system)

Sleek-Jet
05-26-2006, 11:46 AM
left there 3 months ago ! :D
I know... I was being a wise-acre... :D :D :D

newmexico
05-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Hey carreraboat where is your dealership located?

lakewake
05-26-2006, 11:57 AM
For every three minutes the filter is in backwash add one one pound coffee can worth of DE powder. Mix it in a 5 gal bucket with water and slowly add to your surface skimmer while the pump is running.

lakewake
05-26-2006, 12:04 PM
how do i keep water bugs out of my pool during he summer when it gets real hot?
My auto chlorinator has my levels perfect (salt system)
Next time you talk to your home owners insurance agent see if you get a rate reduction for that unit. Many companies evaluate the liability increase for the pool to include hazardous material(chlorine) as one of the on site factors. Now that the chemical is gone so is the hazard.We used to sell and install those as an add on for our solar pool heating systems. They are great. After you have one you wonder how you got by without it.

Dan Lorenze
05-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Just did mine yesterday....

ROZ
05-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Next time you talk to your home owners insurance agent see if you get a rate reduction for that unit. Many companies evaluate the liability increase for the pool to include hazardous material(chlorine) as one of the on site factors. Now that the chemical is gone so is the hazard.We used to sell and install those as an add on for our solar pool heating systems. They are great. After you have one you wonder how you got by without it.
You may not have to store chlorine, but you use 2x as much muratic acid... Got ph? :D
Also, my home owner's insurance didn't change a bit with the pool...no solar... water has been 78-83 for over a month :)

shaffewm
05-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Well since we're on a pool thread..anybody know how to trouble shoot a heater. Went to fire it up and no go....power and gas line are good...I'm thinking the auto valve, but have no idea how to verify :rollside: