PDA

View Full Version : 21 ft advantage v-bottom vdrive!

dinger
05-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Saw a 21 ft advantage v-drive last week and wondred if anyone has ever saw one and how they preform!
The boat is a 1987! Real clean.....I might sell my stuff and buy it....

GofastRacer
05-26-2006, 09:17 AM
I've only known one personally and it was a good boat, didn't have much motor only went about 75 so I don't know how it would work at higher speeds, but it handled good at that speed!..

MKEELINE
05-26-2006, 09:59 AM
I remember seeing one in Hot Boat ALONG time ago. It was white with different shades of blue, really nice looking boat. It had a blown big block in it, don't know how it performed though.

old rigger
05-28-2006, 02:38 PM
We did 3 v-drives back in 87 & 88. One was a ski race boat for Bob Stark who before this boat raced a Hallett and pulled his son with it. Harry at Advantage talked him into building the 20.5 for his new ride. After a race or 2 he switched back to a Hallett. The other 2 were family type boats, one with a blown BBC and the other running carbs. I don't know if anymore were done after I left in 1990.
The boats worked ok considering the hull was a 13 year old (at that time) design that came from Tahiti and was tooled up for jets and I/O's. :)