PDA

View Full Version : Parents of Havasu

Wolskis_Bar
05-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Although I few posts and this might not be the right forum we need help ASAP. I visit ***boat on a regular basis and enjoy the experience you all have to offer and of course the entertianment. We hit the water as much as possible, this Monday for sure when things settle down. Anyway, I am looking for any Havasu residents that could recommend a good lawyer to represent us when we go in front of the school board next Tuesday. One of my kids could be expelled from the high school. I do not condone what she did but cannot fathom her getting expelled. Part of the process is once the letter is received by the parents, is to have 5 business days prior to the hearing. We were handed the letter yesterday. Obviously not enough time. In speaking with the school they want to settle this fast due to summer vacations. Weak answer from my point of view. We just want our due process. I would rather not randomly choose a lawyer from the phone book in hopes of finding the right one. So I am asking for some help from other parents in Havasu that might have gone through the same situation. Thanks

Havasu_Dreamin
05-26-2006, 09:55 AM
So, uh, what did she do?

ROZ
05-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Other than saying too bad for your situation, I have nothing to add.. Good luck, and hopefully she has learned whatever lesson needed to be learned :)

ROZ
05-26-2006, 10:02 AM
So, uh, what did she do?
You're a nosey mofo! :D

RitcheyRch
05-26-2006, 10:05 AM
As Roz stated, hopefully she has learned from her mistake and you are able to keep her in school.

Warlockjer
05-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Roz is a wise man :)

Havasu_Dreamin
05-26-2006, 10:15 AM
You're a nosey mofo! :D
Well, yeah..... :D I've just never udnerstood what a kid could do that is SO BAD they get expelled from school.....

phebus
05-26-2006, 10:18 AM
If you get expelled from school in Havasu, where do you have to go to finish your education?

ChumpChange
05-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Well, yeah..... :D I've just never udnerstood what a kid could do that is SO BAD they get expelled from school.....
At the same time, it is somewhat of a valid question. I have many Attorney in my portfolio that I talk to on a regular basis. It is a specialized field and the eash specialize in a small part of the law in order to make them that much better. Without knowing what she did, it would be hard to make a good referral.

Sleek-Jet
05-26-2006, 10:35 AM
If you get expelled from school in Havasu, where do you have to go to finish your education?
Home school... or an "alternative" high school hive LHC has one...

C-2
05-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Maybe start by requesting a continuance? Let them know ASAP you are seeking legal counsel, see what they say.

ROZ
05-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Maybe start by requesting a continuance? Let them know ASAP you are seeking legal counsel, see what they say.
You smart man :cool:

bunny 166
05-26-2006, 10:46 AM
I like this idea...at least you can get some time to find an attorney that works for your situation....

C-2
05-26-2006, 10:47 AM
My brother has an underage son who needed an attorney recently. They are using :
Iannone Vincent A Attorney At Law
2250 McCulloch Boulevard North, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
(928) 680-4442
Said he deals with children issues, fair prices and seems to be in the good ole' boy network out there. Can't vouch for results since my bro's issues are still unresolved.
Good luck.

C-2
05-26-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm thinking you could also request a continuance at the hearing, put it on record, and use it as a basis for an appeal if the decision comes down adverse or they go forward with the hearing despite your request.
See what appeal rights (if any) you might have if they rule against you. Hopefully your recourse is not in the form of a separate lawsuit.

C-2
05-26-2006, 10:57 AM
You smart man :cool:
Easy there Roz - I can't even spell samrt! :220v: :220v: I saw it on a movie once....

Wolskis_Bar
05-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Found a lawyer. Ex-La Paz county dist DA. This guy used to rep the school's for cases just like ours. I know you guys would like to know the juicy situation but we would rather keep that in the family. Appreciate your response. The down side to Havasu is the lack of school options. See ya on the river Monday.

phebus
05-26-2006, 11:00 AM
You are a smart man C-2.
Tell me, is there any way I can get a restraining order against Roz, RiverRoyal, Outcoled, and JB in SoCal, so those homos can't come near me? I'm skeeered :skull: