PDA

View Full Version : $100.00 to launch in Havasu..

BigDoug
05-27-2006, 01:54 PM
I was at Sun Dance to get gas in the buggy and spoke with a guy there filling up his boat and he said they are charging $100.00 to launch at the Marina (Havasu)
Wow, people will probably pay it too. :cool:

Warlockjer
05-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Thats BS. I hope it isn't TOO LOUD! :mad:

djunkie
05-27-2006, 02:02 PM
I was at Sun Dance to get gas in the buggy and spoke with a guy there filling up his boat and he said they are charging $100.00 to launch at the Marina (Havasu)
No focking way!!!!! You have to be kidding me.

Flying Tiger
05-27-2006, 02:03 PM
If that really is the case,, that place needs to be taken away from the operators.
Decades ago,, the entire town of Aspen Colorado went broke because they treated the Vacationers the same way.
Gouge and hate the hand that feeds them. It was brutal to visit there.
Time magazine ran a teriffic story on it. A hole capital of the world.
But like mentioned above,, people will probably pay it.
Weekday visits to to LH for us,, and then launching from the tranquil,, awsum,, no place on earth like it - Take off point.

RitcheyRch
05-27-2006, 02:07 PM
There might be a few die hards ready to pay that kind of money to launch.

phebus
05-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Talked to a friend that launched at the Marina this morning. The story of a $100.- launch fee is not true.
Doug, go back to the gas station, and smack those guys upside the head.

RitcheyRch
05-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Good to hear was a false report.
Talked to a friend that launched at the Marina this morning. The story of a $100.- launch fee is not true.
Doug, go back to the gas station, and smack those guys upside the head.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Rick, that's what I thought. There is no way they would charge that to launch. Now, if the Marina was already closed due to being at capacity I could very easily see someone offering to pay that much to launch if all the ramps were closed.

TRG
05-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Just spoke to my kid brother and waited three hrs. to launch @ the marina and the report is $96.00 to launch out of site six! there is a long line there as well!
You have to be kidding me right?? someone needs to cut the cable down on the river somewhere and let everyone launch for free!

BajaMike
05-27-2006, 02:34 PM
I can't figure out why anyone goes to Parker/Havasu/Mahave on holiday weekends....It's just crazy.
:argue:

INSman
05-27-2006, 02:36 PM
I know now that taking this weekend off and not fighting the holiday traffic and such was a great idea, not to mention that I am in a wedding today !!

Havasu_Dreamin
05-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Just spoke to my kid brother and waited three hrs. to launch @ the marina and the report is $96.00 to launch out of site six! there is a long line there as well!
You have to be kidding me right?? someone needs to cut the cable down on the river somewhere and let everyone launch for free!
Uh, last time I checked, Site 6 is FREE to launch.

Not So Fast
05-27-2006, 02:49 PM
HUH???????????? NSF

98 Vector 21
05-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Setting at home making a few bucks for next weekend when everyone's gone...

phebus
05-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Darrell, are you down at site six in the Rhino charging people to launch?
Bad Darrell :)

shueman
05-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Total B.S. .................

slink
05-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Darrell, are you down at site six in the Rhino charging people to launch?
Bad Darrell :)
Shoot Rick, you should be down there with him charging $20 for an ice cold beer. Im sure there are plenty of idiots that would pay that too. Nice way to supplement the retirement :) :)

Flying Tiger
05-27-2006, 03:17 PM
I can't figure out why anyone goes to Parker/Havasu/Mahave on holiday weekends....It's just crazy.
:argue:
I think it's the only time they can. Hopefully, they'll shoot their wad,, and be too broke to come back until Labor day.
Weekdays only for this family.

Flying Tiger
05-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Shoot Rick, you should be down there with him charging $20 for an ice cold beer. Im sure there are plenty of idiots that would pay that too. Nice way to supplement the retirement :) :)
Qualcom stadium is full of those $20 beer idiots,, you might be right.

Sleek-Jet
05-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Total B.S. .................
I'm sure they would give you a seniors discount... :eek: :eek: :D :D

BajaMike
05-27-2006, 03:36 PM
I think it's the only time they can. Hopefully, they'll shoot their wad,, and be too broke to come back until Labor day.
Weekdays only for this family.
Ya, I hope you're right.....I take a 3 day weekend when ever I want, but I can't do week days too often. :idea:
It's nice out there mid-week....:D
Cheers to TPC....and his wifey.... :cool:
:rollside: :rollside:

Mrs.RoxySnow
05-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Actually, it is true but it was the Nautical Inn charging $100 a day launch fee not the marina! It's posted as you turn into the resort! They usually charge $50 on any other weekend to launch! :rolleyes:

shueman
05-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Actually, it is true but it was the Nautical Inn charging $100 a day launch fee not the marina! It's posted as you turn into the resort! They usually charge $50 on any other weekend to launch! :rolleyes:
There also getting $400/night for beachfront.... :rolleyes:

billet racing 1
05-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Dang. I bought one of those time shares at the Natical Inn. comes with launching. Not sucha bad deal now.
We'll be up there week of June 2-10. After the mad rush.
Jerry

Havasu_Dreamin
05-27-2006, 06:25 PM
There also getting $400/night for beachfront.... :rolleyes:
And unless they did a remodel those rooms suck ass!

shueman
05-27-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm sure they would give you a seniors discount... :eek: :eek: :D :D
LMAO....!!! Get back ta work, focker.... :crossx: :D