PDA

View Full Version : trailer brake fluid...?

nos1967
05-28-2006, 12:22 PM
sorry if this is the wrong section to ask, but what type of fluid am i suppose to put into my trailers braking system? its a 25 foot ebbtide with a hydraulic braking system, only one brake has been working correctly so we checked the level and its low, the trailer says sae class v right infront of the filler cap on the trailer, thanks for your help.

YeLLowBoaT
05-28-2006, 12:54 PM
I have always used High temp DOT 3... never had a prob.

nos1967
06-04-2006, 02:44 PM
WOW i was just gonna help my dad bleed the brakes because on our last trip to havasu we noticed it was a lot harder to brake. got under the boat and the driver side brake was LOOSE the bolt holding the brake onto the disk wasnt tight at all, then i looked over to the other brake and it wasnt attached at all! that brake hose was long gone as well as the bolt holding the brake onto the disk. pads are nowhere to be seen and the inside of the wheel is scratched to hell. needless to say bleeding the brakes isnt important anymore :p i cant believe that brake didnt get stuck in the wheel and cause that wheel to lock up, lucky we made it home with no problems.
just checked the fairly new front brakes on our expedition and they are just about gone also, i guess towing 5000 pounds with no trailer brakes 600 miles does a number on your tow vehicles front brakes :rollside: