PDA

View Full Version : NJ: Hit & Run !!! We need Your Help!!!

SHARKEYMARINE
05-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Date; May 29th, 2006 Memorial Day
Time: 2:30pm - 3:00pm
Boat Last Seen: Heading north toward Seaside Bridge / Toms River
Size: 38ft - 40ft
Make: Silverton (or similar type boat)
Type of Boat: Sportfish Convertible Fly Bridge
Name on Transom: Fishin Mission
Fishin Mission was last seen driving through the mooring buoys located at the Waters Edge restaurant. The boat cut several mooring buoy lines on other boats moored there and caused tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to several boats.
Fishin Mission never stopped and ignored the multitude of people yelling from the dock.
If you have know of this boat, the boat's owner or where it is kept, please email njppc@aol.com or contact the NJ State Police Pt. Pleasant station @ 732-899-5050.
ANY AND ALL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.
Thank you for your help!

SHARKEYMARINE
05-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I think they may have found him.
The owner of one of the boats that was severely damaged was called today. But I guess until they see the bottom of the suspect's boat, they wouldn't say much more on the subject.
I saw pics of one of the boats today. :(
From what it looks like, the guy must have driven right over the transom of the moored boat. :mad:
Arneson drives destroyed, props wrecked, steering clevis bolts sheared in half. :eek: The boat was literally pulled around 180 degrees from its mooring from what I was told. :(
It was fortunate that it was tied to one of the closer moorings to the dock, so when it broke the mooring line the wind blew it right to the dock. But not until it rubbed another boat on the way in...
What a mess. :( :( :(
I am sure glad no one was hurt.
Let's hope the authorities can find enough evidence to charge the guy!

SHARKEYMARINE
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Here are photos of the damage to one of the boats: Hit & Run Photos Link (http://pages.zdnet.com/sharkeymarine//powerboat/hit_and_run.html)

Boatcop
05-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Hope they catch them, Tim.
Lucky the drives weren't torn out. It would have been more of a bummer if they had to pull that thing off the bottom.

Phat Matt
05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
That sucks. Doesn't sound like a boat that size with a name could hide very long though.

SHARKEYMARINE
06-05-2006, 06:33 PM
On behalf of myself and the owner of the vessel that was hit, we would like to thank all who helped in their own way with the identifying, locating and reporting the suspected vessel.
I photographed the vessel today, delivered them to the NJSP.
Within in 8 hours I got a call from the owner of the hit vessel that the NJSP have made contact with the suspected vessel owner and he confessed that he hit the boat.
Thank you again to all of you every where, for pulling together all of your resources which lead to this outcome!
I will leave the location out of this, in order to protect the innocent Marina in which it is docked.
The NJSP will handle the rest from here...
Photos of Hit & Run Click Here! (http://pages.zdnet.com/sharkeymarine//powerboat/hit_and_run.html)